I don't think armor use efficiency counts shells absorbed by spaced armor (or tracks). Maus definitely eat far more shells with tracks than the Type 5. Maus also take a bit less damage from arty than the Type 5.

Oh god I forgot this thing got 280 gold ammo pen.

They could give this thing the mobility of the E5 it would still suck

I just gave up on this line at the O-I. The O-I Exp is great fun but the line just seems bad from there on out.

7 hours ago, OOPMan said:

I just gave up on this line at the O-I. The O-I Exp is great fun but the line just seems bad from there on out.

OI is good. The only problem with it and every other tank past OI-exp is that your experience is more dependant on how the enemy plays than on how you play

2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

OI is good. The only problem with it and every other tank past OI-exp is that your experience is more dependant on how the enemy plays than on how you play

O-I was okay. Not okay enough for me to want to play it to the end though.

1 hour ago, OOPMan said:

O-I was okay. Not okay enough for me to want to play it to the end though.

It's amazing for HT missions if you want to do them. Also it's rather easy to pull low 60% WR in it. 

O-I nerf will make it pretty boring to play, though. Tried it on test server, it still feels OP tbh, but even with rammer the reload is now almost 23 seconds, mobility is worse and bloom is closer to KV-2-like. It was already most boring Jap heavy imo to play after Type 4, and will be definely be one after nerfs and after Type 4 gets meaty mobility buffs.

43 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

It's amazing for HT missions if you want to do them. Also it's rather easy to pull low 60% WR in it. 

I have the ST-I and IS-7 for tanking damage, I don't really want to arse around in a giant, slow tumor with flat, unreliable armour.

I didn't really mind the T7 or T8; the T7 is the fastest bentobox after the O-I Exp and the T8 has a funny high RoF 150 or a weird KV-5 -esque 10cm.

It's just the T9/10. Ugh. Going from the T7/8's mobility and derp capability to the T9/10's "mobility" and "derp capability" is just a whole 'nother level of pain. The previous bentoboxes feel like racecars in comparison to the Type 4, and you will long for the days where your gun could actually deal damage.

2 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I didn't really mind the T7 or T8; the T7 is the fastest bentobox after the O-I Exp and the T8 has a funny high RoF 150 or a weird KV-5 -esque 10cm.

It's just the T9/10. Ugh. Going from the T7/8's mobility and derp capability to the T9/10's "mobility" and "derp capability" is just a whole 'nother level of pain. The previous bentoboxes feel like racecars in comparison to the Type 4, and you will long for the days where your gun could actually deal damage.

Oh gawd, so much this ^

4 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Yeah, I've had a ton of "victories" in my Type 4 that I've hit cruise control forward, never taken it off, never fired a shot, never took a hit, never even saw the enemy. It's not bad once you actually get to the battle, but holy fuck it's slow.

I think the T8 on that line is one of the most fun tanks at that tier. Just throwing HE around non-stop with the 150mm is great for shits and giggles. Big derpy tanks are fun when they can actually get to the battle.

On 7.5.2016 at 11:47 AM, Rexxie said:

Madner has it right, it's just vehicle hitpoints. The module itself ("turret rotator") a separate thing with its own HP. To this day I can't tell you why the game splits tank HP between hull and turret HP, I can't imagine any benefit over just having one HP pool stat. Maybe SerB had plans way back when that would of made the stat important.

Its kind of logical, upgrading turret with higher hitpoints gives whole tank equal hitpoint increase.

On 5/7/2016 at 7:27 PM, leggasiini said:

Type 5 just needs like 10 - 20 more pen to go through E-100 cheeks. It already can go through, but it needs to get close and slightly depress the gun to do so. With 10 - 20 more it should go reliably throught unangled cheeks probably from up to 200 metres range i think. It actually goes through Maus cheeks easily with gold, even slightly (i mean slightly, not fully) angled Maus turret.

This is the main problem with the tank IMO.

An E100 can basically bully it, by using HEAT. The HEAT from the E100 will go through almost all of the Type 5 heavy almost anywhere so the E100 doesn't need to aim much, which means he will very rarely give you his flat front turret.

With 280 premium AP, you just aren't going to pen an E100 very often, unless he gives you his LFP and even then angled and shooting down probably not going to go through as often as the E100 will go through those flat plates on the Type 5.

You can't angle the thing and the armour has virtually no areas that will trouble tier 10 premium.

Then it has a poor premium round. 

Makes the tank pointless IMO. Almost all the other tier 10 heavies that have usable armour can reliably bounce type 5 Heavy premium AP rounds if used correctly whilst butter it back with their own premium rounds.

23 hours ago, tajj7 said:

This is the main problem with the tank IMO.

An E100 can basically bully it, by using HEAT. The HEAT from the E100 will go through almost all of the Type 5 heavy almost anywhere so the E100 doesn't need to aim much, which means he will very rarely give you his flat front turret.

With 280 premium AP, you just aren't going to pen an E100 very often, unless he gives you his LFP and even then angled and shooting down probably not going to go through as often as the E100 will go through those flat plates on the Type 5.

You can't angle the thing and the armour has virtually no areas that will trouble tier 10 premium.

Then it has a poor premium round. 

Makes the tank pointless IMO. Almost all the other tier 10 heavies that have usable armour can reliably bounce type 5 Heavy premium AP rounds if used correctly whilst butter it back with their own premium rounds.

The bigger problem is other t10 heavies have ways to position themselves to be resistant to t10 premium rounds. For type 5 the only way to not get penned by premium rounds is to hide.

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

The bigger problem is other t10 heavies have ways to position themselves to be resistant to t10 premium rounds. For type 5 the only way to not get penned by premium rounds is to hide.

Yes exactly, which is why it's so crap because it's also a tank that even in the open invites premiums rounds.

Unless he angles so the shoulder face you, there isn't a single area on the front that is less than about 265 effective. Aside maybe hitting the cupola at a tiny spot where it's like 245.

Not shooting premium rounds at at Type 5 heavy is stupid, but once you do the whole tank is basically paper.

Stupid balancing decision IMO. People will look at an E100 or IS7 or E5 and if they can see a weakspot (LFP) most will try a few with standard rounds, and if they do switch to premium those tanks can get into spots where even with premium they are hard to pen.

When I see a Type 4 or Type 5, I'll instantly switch to premium and so will most others. 

On 5/10/2016 at 5:48 AM, HLS30 said:

Yeah, I've had a ton of "victories" in my Type 4 that I've hit cruise control forward, never taken it off, never fired a shot, never took a hit, never even saw the enemy. It's not bad once you actually get to the battle, but holy fuck it's slow.

It is called "T95 syndrome". The games you can actually do some damage are the games you loose (because it is like 10 vs 3 when you get in fight) and in wins you usually fire a shot, if even that.

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

Yes exactly, which is why it's so crap because it's also a tank that even in the open invites premiums rounds.

Unless he angles so the shoulder face you, there isn't a single area on the front that is less than about 265 effective. Aside maybe hitting the cupola at a tiny spot where it's like 245.

Not shooting premium rounds at at Type 5 heavy is stupid, but once you do the whole tank is basically paper.

Stupid balancing decision IMO. People will look at an E100 or IS7 or E5 and if they can see a weakspot (LFP) most will try a few with standard rounds, and if they do switch to premium those tanks can get into spots where even with premium they are hard to pen.

When I see a Type 4 or Type 5, I'll instantly switch to premium and so will most others. 

The bad thing is this line is impossible to balance. The tanks are either OP or SHIT. There is no balance point in between. Even the buffed e5 makes more sense.