Cunicularius

Battlefield 1 Trailer

are you fucking kidding me?

one question how is battlefield going to capture the fast paced combat and modular weapon design for which the series is well known with bolt action rifles and prototype smgs

this game is going to go full star wars battle front, ermagherd i can fly biplanes and zepplins lots of pre release hype, people will play it for a month realise its shit and quit

to be fair if anything this game is going to give battlefield 4 a really long shelf life

1 hour ago, _Assad said:

There was already a thread u mungehat

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1 hour ago, westybig said:

are you fucking kidding me?

one question how is battlefield going to capture the fast paced combat and modular weapon design for which the series is well known with bolt action rifles and prototype smgs

this game is going to go full star wars battle front, ermagherd i can fly biplanes and zepplins lots of pre release hype, people will play it for a month realise its shit and quit

to be fair if anything this game is going to give battlefield 4 a really long shelf life

Rising Storm could be pretty fast paced.

Weapon customizability could still be present. Especially if it's slightly alternate history, as in, the war went on another 2-3 years, then you can have more sophisticated weapons like the BAR, or scopes. Another example is carbines, take a shorter rifle for a marginal increase in aim speed and mobility in exchange for accuracy and maximum ohk distance. Or soft point (additional dmg to extremities/less pen vs armor) vs armor piercing vs incendiary(more suppression, longer time to recover from hit).

There's plenty you can do with a game like this.

EDIT: Oh and expect plenty of pistol carbines!

7 minutes ago, Cunicularius said:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rising Storm could be pretty fast paced.

Weapon customizability could still be present. Especially if it's slightly alternate history, as in, the war went on another 2-3 years, then you can have more sophisticated weapons like the BAR, or scopes. Another example is carbines, take a shorter rifle for a marginal increase in aim speed and mobility in exchange for accuracy and maximum ohk distance. Or soft point (additional dmg to extremities/less pen vs armor) vs armor piercing vs incendiary(more suppression, longer time to recover from hit).

There's plenty you can do with a game like this.

EDIT: Oh and expect plenty of pistol carbines!

actually theres really not, weapon development was quite limited even post ww1, you would have to divulge into a lot of what if scenarios to get the variety for which battlefield is well known, which i suspect they will

also weapon customization is virtually nothing, literally only scopes and bayonets, no variable optics, grips or barrel changes, underslung noob tubes/ shotguns

26 minutes ago, westybig said:

actually theres really not, weapon development was quite limited even post ww1, you would have to divulge into a lot of what if scenarios to get the variety for which battlefield is well known, which i suspect they will

also weapon customization is virtually nothing, literally only scopes and bayonets, no variable optics, grips or barrel changes, underslung noob tubes/ shotguns

Just take a look at this adorable Euphrynicus amanica that molted and is shyly hiding behind its little grabbyhands and let it calm your jimmies!

Spoiler

15920292406_1b4b8ba436_b.jpg

1 hour ago, westybig said:

Who gives a shit? You think customization is everything? Gameplay makes a game, not overcustomization. You only need so much to make things interesting, past a point it stops mattering. Besides, foregrips and barrel customization could be available for plenty of weapons. I already mentioned bolt actions, but take the Thompson for instance. You could have it with or without the foregrip, or with an alternative barrel, etc. Barrel shrouds could be an option, when equipped it improves hipfire but lengthens the time it takes to ads. 

30 minutes ago, Cunicularius said:

Who gives a shit? You think customization is everything? Gameplay makes a game, not overcustomization. You only need so much to make things interesting, past a point it stops mattering. Besides, foregrips and barrel customization could be available for plenty of weapons. I already mentioned bolt actions, but take the Thompson for instance. You could have it with or without the foregrip, or with an alternative barrel, etc. Barrel shrouds could be an option, when equipped it improves hipfire but lengthens the time it takes to ads. 

Best of all no m320 HE spam. Although... there are RP grenades...

The main thing is no lock ons, no FLIR/IRNV. I'm just going to assume there will be a minimal amount of "oh you can't aim? here use this" weapons, thanks to the era.

Needless to say, the trailer certainly had me readjusting my pants.

1 hour ago, Fulcrous said:

Best of all no m320 HE spam. Although... there are RP grenades...

1 hour ago, Cunicularius said:

There are? 

Though unlike M320 underbarrel spam, early RP 'nades required you to manually set it onto the muzzle of the rifle AND reload a blank cartridge for it in the rifle, taking time and effectively disabling your main weapon (unlike BF3/4 where you could quickly swap to your rifle and blast someone down mid-reload)

1 hour ago, Flametz said:

Though unlike M320 underbarrel spam, early RP 'nades required you to manually set it onto the muzzle of the rifle AND reload a blank cartridge for it in the rifle, taking time and effectively disabling your main weapon (unlike BF3/4 where you could quickly swap to your rifle and blast someone down mid-reload)

I used to play a lot of DoD:S (WWII based I know) but the RP grenades could be shot into the ground to throw as a regular nade if you wanted too which would be pretty cool to do in BF1 XD

I think the WW1 theme will be great for the easter eggs, lots of great opportunity to make some pretty awesome ones.

Also, I wonder what the special weapon will be (assuming there is one) BF3 had the crossbow, BF4 had the Phantom... INB4 its the M16A3 :doge::doge: 

2 minutes ago, PityFool said:

I think the WW1 theme will be great for the easter eggs, lots of great opportunity to make some pretty awesome ones.

Also, I wonder what the special weapon will be (assuming there is one) BF3 had the crossbow, BF4 had the Phantom... INB4 its the M16A3 :doge::doge: 

Swords/sabers