Cautiously optimistic for this, but we have to wait for independent benchmarks to get actual performance figures, manufacturers always use favorable games/settings for marketing. Might hang on until the Ti to get rid of my 970s though, I don't want to get burned like people did with the 700 series and don't mind waiting a few months 

@Bavor

i didn't find any info on the site, but could you tell me what kind of power these things would need? i know that the Titan X was famous for its consumption of power, especially when running 2 or more. so i figure that if the prices really are that low for the 80/70 then the required/minimum power supply's needed for one card will be high, and more so for dual or higher.

5 minutes ago, Siimcy said:

Not getting a 4k screen but the 1070 seems temping as fk. :serb:

Man i thinking about 4K every since they introduced 4K, so much space on single screen. 

I even looked in Slovenia to get one, but on our retailer made good price ~550eur for 40" 4K. We'll see at end of summer :D 

38 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Man i thinking about 4K every since they introduced 4K, so much space on single screen. 

I even looked in Slovenia to get one, but on our retailer made good price ~550eur for 40" 4K. We'll see at end of summer :D 

:doge:

Well, It's not long ago since I bought a 144hz 1080p display but I don't see a card like the 1070 a waste because I need muh FPS. :doge:

34 minutes ago, Siimcy said:

:doge:

Well, It's not long ago since I bought a 144hz 1080p display but I don't see a card like the 1070 a waste because I need muh FPS. :doge:

Yeah, but i'm on 60Hz so 60FPS is ok. 

23 minutes ago, KingYoshiLuca said:

1440p is so much room for activities, imagine 2160p Kreygasm :unicum:

Not for me, i mean it's ok, but i always go for bigger (i had first 20", than 24" than 27" now it's time for 40")

23 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Not for me, i mean it's ok, but i always go for bigger (i had first 20", than 24" than 27" now it's time for 40")

Resolution doesnt get bigger :serb: 

Sitting at 30" 2560x1600 now, was trying to decide between dropping back to 27" 144Hz 2560x1440 or up to 4K. Need a new card either way, would be great if we can get closer to 4K 60Hz with a single card.

I kept saying that the next gen graphic cards are going to be a bigger jump in performance due to the transistors in the GPUs actually getting smaller this time.

19 minutes ago, MajorStewie said:

I kept saying that the next gen graphic cards are going to be a bigger jump in performance due to the transistors in the GPUs actually getting smaller this time.

@Folterknecht is on life support :D 

LOL, we've been on 28nm GPU's since, what, 2011? I think this might be the first generation jump in performance a lot of younger people on here have seen. These kind of improvements used to come every 12 to 18 months.

Good show, Nvidia, good show.

On 5/7/2016 at 7:54 PM, TaylorSwift said:

Holy shit 4k is runnable bois!

Wait for AMD's conference at Computex. Shit's liable to shake up the market even more so than NVidia considering they're going to release a new card with 980ti performance for >$300

On 5/7/2016 at 11:07 AM, bolagnaise said:

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

That's only $813.13 AUD minus GST. Amazing pricing,

bs...

AUD for GTX990 worth for $1500

1 hour ago, _Assad said:

Wait for AMD's conference at Computex. Shit's liable to shake up the market even more so than NVidia considering they're going to release a new card with 980ti performance for >$300

And TDP of nuclear generator :D 

22 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

@Bavor

i didn't find any info on the site, but could you tell me what kind of power these things would need? i know that the Titan X was famous for its consumption of power, especially when running 2 or more. so i figure that if the prices really are that low for the 80/70 then the required/minimum power supply's needed for one card will be high, and more so for dual or higher.

As the original post says, "180 Watts power draw."  It uses one 8 pin connector.

I'm amazed that people are still able to get away with selling used factory overclocked GTX 980 ti graphics cards on eBay for $650-$750 after the announcement on friday.  One of them I was watching on eBay sold for $745 this weekend.

When I see a eBay listing with "Make Offer" I've been offering $250 and telling them to look up the GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 info.  Right now I wouldn't pay any more than $300 for a GTX 980 ti considering the GTX 1070's MSRP and that the GTX 1070 has a warranty.