Assassin7

The Grand Tour - New Clarkson, Hammond and May show.

I haven't watched since Episode 8, I need to catch up. I think ill do that now actually.

tbh, the first ~5 episodes at least felt kinda forced and scripted, which I was sad about. its sorta like they were trying too hard to be themselves and it just sounded bad, its gotten better as the series progressed though. 

43 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

I haven't watched since Episode 8, I need to catch up. I think ill do that now actually.

tbh, the first ~5 episodes at least felt kinda forced and scripted, which I was sad about. its sorta like they were trying too hard to be themselves and it just sounded bad, its gotten better as the series progressed though. 

Maybe is some burden of Amazon but definitely, they have everything for good motoring show. At least for my concept. 

They do all weird, crazy stuff and having blast. I would trade places with them every fuckin day. I mean throwing Bently in old quarry is out of this world :D 

I'm @ S01E11 and I'm anxious about S02 (with one ep left).

Also, they still establishing "trademarks" like TG 911s, It's Dacia, Mr. Slow, with things like "Does That Mean He's Not Coming On Then?" and now they have way more "special episodes" to break routine. 

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:08 AM, Assassin7 said:

I had only ever watched one episode of the original Top Gear, but it worked and everyone was familiar with the pace of the show.  I agree that the first few shows, while being fun to watch, had the burden of establishing the new premise and feel of the show and were not as spontaneous - they couldn't mix the editing properly.

The two part Namib desert episodes were really different - you know inside you that they MUST have diligent support crews keeping these old men going, but the three of them made it look like they not only did all the work, but that they wanted to do the work. 

In any case, the show keeps getting funnier as Clarkson, Hammond and May grow more comfortable with the layout of the show and the production staff.  I can see how well balanced a trio of presenters they are, it's a visual feast to watch and a joy to listen to.

The analysis of when English people call Scotsman "British" versus "Scottish" on their second Loch Ness show was funny and on point and the entire Scottish audience rolled right along with it.

Yeah it got a lot better towards the end. I finished the last two episodes last night. 

From what I see, they've had a lot more freedom than they had with the BBC to do their own thing, i suppose because its on the internet and not on public TV. Their germany/austria trip through those amusing place names was pretty good, and funny. Which they probably wouldnt of been able to do with the BBC. 

I dont think it quite hits the mark of the magic that the original top gear had yet, but it comes close and if they do some more seasons i imagine they will get back with it.

Also, i dont like the celebrety brain crash thing. Its kinda just pointless. They should get rid of that IMO.

I'm kinda disappointed by Grand Tour tbh. I like it, watched the whole series and going to keep watching but there are many things I don't really like.

I had the same feeling of the dialogs being forced. The script was also kind of, not sure how to describe it... predictable? It was sort of this way in Top Gear but they knew the point where it was funny and where it was too much. Like the Namibia special, Eco Land Rovers, Maserati's.... I dunno, just not feeling it. Feels a tad too scripted for me, where Top Gear was just on the line, this crosses it. It feels like they want to use all the resources they got from Amazon and show us how great things can be. Also, multiple times they used the Edge Of Tommorow-like repeating of situations(Post Apo van, Coral Reef, Beach Buggies, the Military thing in Africa), again overused IMO. The "films" got better towards the end though, I enjoyed last 2-3 episodes much more than first 2-3.

Agree with Celebrity Brain Crash aswell. First time it was sort of funny, second time it was :oscar: and after that it was just flatout annoying. Yes, you'll introduce celebrity that's going to die and you're gonna make exactly the same joke about it. We get it. Do we really need to watch it every episode?  I saw an interesting proposal to this, make celebrities drive on a racing sim. I believe they can't have them do timed laps around real circuit because BBC rights but this could work, and would be more interesting than what they have now.

More issues I have... Eboladrome is horrible track. Both for filming (background for every interior/exterior shot are.... trees) and for laps. Just bad. Not sure if they couldn't find anything better or thought this is good, but either way it's a mistake. The American. After seeing him, I understand why Stig wasn't talking. He's boring. Same joke about every car. Get rid of him.

The tent and moving location. The tent is soulless. Old building had metal pillars everywhere, old cars were parked on big platforms, car parts were used as seats/tables. It fit the show really well. The tent is very plain and boring. Moving location should provide atmosphere but it didn't work for me, and I think travelling to a different country with the tent and doing show there is a waste of resources.

Pictures/memes at start of every episode. Some of them are funny, some of them are not, but again this feels forced. 

eh, I can see what you mean about the script. I would be better if it wasn't so obviously scripted like it was in a few episodes, or just plain stupid. though the nambia special was far from bad. I dont think a heap of that was scripted, some of it obviously was but it was better than normal.

my least favourite was that british army one, episode 2. that was just cringeworthy.

the eboladrome? eh, Its not terribad. I can see their issues because if you remember back to when Jeremy reviewed the Zonda R on original top gear, he said how much a private race track costs - 6 billion, thats quite a lot so they obviously dealt with what they had. however what I find from the track is how narrow and dangerous it looks to drive on if you get it wrong. 

I agree with the american, hes annoying and boring. the same joke is only funny the first two times. I think it would be better if the driver actually gave intelligent thoughts about the car. you know, "this handles really well" or stuff like that. actually giving proper opinions. sure its not "funny" but why does the whole thing have to be funny? 

11 hours ago, Marty said:

I'm kinda disappointed by Grand Tour tbh. I like it, watched the whole series and going to keep watching but there are many things I don't really like.

I had the same feeling of the dialogs being forced. The script was also kind of, not sure how to describe it... predictable? It was sort of this way in Top Gear but they knew the point where it was funny and where it was too much. Like the Namibia special, Eco Land Rovers, Maserati's.... I dunno, just not feeling it. Feels a tad too scripted for me, where Top Gear was just on the line, this crosses it. It feels like they want to use all the resources they got from Amazon and show us how great things can be. Also, multiple times they used the Edge Of Tommorow-like repeating of situations(Post Apo van, Coral Reef, Beach Buggies, the Military thing in Africa), again overused IMO. The "films" got better towards the end though, I enjoyed last 2-3 episodes much more than first 2-3.

Agree with Celebrity Brain Crash aswell. First time it was sort of funny, second time it was :oscar: and after that it was just flatout annoying. Yes, you'll introduce celebrity that's going to die and you're gonna make exactly the same joke about it. We get it. Do we really need to watch it every episode?  I saw an interesting proposal to this, make celebrities drive on a racing sim. I believe they can't have them do timed laps around real circuit because BBC rights but this could work, and would be more interesting than what they have now.

More issues I have... Eboladrome is horrible track. Both for filming (background for every interior/exterior shot are.... trees) and for laps. Just bad. Not sure if they couldn't find anything better or thought this is good, but either way it's a mistake. The American. After seeing him, I understand why Stig wasn't talking. He's boring. Same joke about every car. Get rid of him.

The tent and moving location. The tent is soulless. Old building had metal pillars everywhere, old cars were parked on big platforms, car parts were used as seats/tables. It fit the show really well. The tent is very plain and boring. Moving location should provide atmosphere but it didn't work for me, and I think travelling to a different country with the tent and doing show there is a waste of resources.

Pictures/memes at start of every episode. Some of them are funny, some of them are not, but again this feels forced. 

• Celebrity brian crash, I think it's more of show off for some celebs to get some attention to show (promoting) than real challenge. Although this may be a workaround until they figure proper challenge. I found it funny, I that predictable way :D 
  • Eboladrome I like because if crazy hairpins and semi straight that really can offset car and push for sheer handling and aero. 
  • American doing everything that redneck supposed to do, piss on everything that has less than 5.0L V8 and solid axel :D 
  • The tent is ok, because of a verity of public, attracting more audience. I would personally attend show if they bring it somewhere in Croatia

That being said I can't wait for new season 

I think they might have actually had some good plans for celebrity Brain Crash - but it may not have worked in the show format - not visually compelling enough for TV.  They tried to salvage something of it, and it became a meme on the show, I don't see it coming back either.  The little conversation street segment was actually quite good after the first one, it gave people a breather in between the more demanding segments in the show.

Mike Skinner may keep driving, but he won't be providing hick commentary - it's just flat.  I liked the track actually, it is fairly demanding though I imagine it is very punishing on the cars they test for time on wet/rainy days.  Tent is ok, and always allowed them to have a striking back drop behind the presenters, much more varied than a fixed interior.  Overall I enjoyed the show quite a bit, but more so the segments about older vehicles and their problems than some of these new super cars.

On 18.02.2017 at 0:57 AM, Marty said:

I think it shows you need more than the 3 guys and Andy Willman (the main producer of Top Gear). What I miss the most was the great soundtracks. Top Gear had amazing scores.

Also I've been getting tired off bbc top gear before the split so it looks like natural progression for me anyway. I really dislike the episodes where they make something idiotic or film for the 10th time in some abandoned quarry. It's a car show, I want cars. 

Grand Tour really makes me sad /Drive on NBC is not available in Poland (can't buy it, can't pirate it, no way of getting the Japan special :( )

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

I think it shows you need more than the 3 guys and Andy Willman (the main producer of Top Gear). What I miss the most was the great soundtracks. Top Gear had amazing scores.

Also I've been getting tired off bbc top gear before the split so it looks like natural progression for me anyway. I really dislike the episodes where they make something idiotic or film for the 10th time in some abandoned quarry. It's a car show, I want cars. 

Grand Tour really makes me sad /Drive on NBC is not available in Poland (can't buy it, can't pirate it, no way of getting the Japan special :( )

Did you watch TG specials?

I know you want cars, but you don't have unlimited supercar base. If you want review of Dacia 1.5 DCi or BMW 318d this isn't show for you. I envy these guys, doing shit with cars around world. Perfect job. 

16 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

Did you watch TG specials?

I know you want cars, but you don't have unlimited supercar base. If you want review of Dacia 1.5 DCi or BMW 318d this isn't show for you. I envy these guys, doing shit with cars around world. Perfect job. 

You got me wrong. TG specials are also boring. I love trips and car culture. You don't need to focus on supercars. The car culture is much richer than we think. There are people who are building and modyfying cars for different sports, there are different car cultures all around the world, different events. There is just so fucking much to explore. /Drive makes better content than most TG/GT episodes unfortunately. I'd love to see more trips but one that focus on local culture more not 3 old men drive cars between expensive hotels or 3 old men pretend they are bear grylls.

For an example see:

sounds like Top gear isn't really you're thing then. Top gear is 3 middle aged men farting around doing funny things with a focus on cars. especially a focus on High end cars. from what I've seen, none of them really like the whole Car Ricing thing. and honestly, when the average stable of cars they test consist of Various supercars, or high end European stuff, its not surprising. I mean, who would buy a ferrarri and then try to mod it? A: that would be a waste of an expensive ass car, and B: it doesn't need any mods because its already the best it can be in the factory, thats the whole point. 

If you're more into that sort of scene, May I suggest: Mighty Car Mods. they're a bunch of Youtubers that do what you're explaining. its all about getting cars, Modifying them, making them cool. having fun around that sort of car culture. 

I mean, I can see where you're coming from. but in realistic terms, a much larger audience is more drawn to a car show showing off the newest, latest Supercars and then completely farting around in them than a couple of guys buying a beat up Silvia and Turning it in to a show car. However MCM is great. Also RegularCarReviews. @Never originally linked me to RCR. its a brilliant channel for yet another portion of car culture. 

12 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

sounds like Top gear isn't really you're thing then. Top gear is 3 middle aged men farting around doing funny things with a focus on cars. especially a focus on High end cars.

This's .

I follow few channels myself, including above mentioned /DRIVE, but watching tyre burning with wide angle isn't much of journalism for me. 

Top Gear / Grand Tour bring bizarre shit out of cars, spend fortune in process and makes fun of things about cars. And for professional opinion i rather want fat american (to do timed lap) than some pseudo driver. 

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

sounds like Top gear isn't really you're thing then. Top gear is 3 middle aged men farting around doing funny things with a focus on cars. especially a focus on High end cars. from what I've seen, none of them really like the whole Car Ricing thing. and honestly, when the average stable of cars they test consist of Various supercars, or high end European stuff, its not surprising. I mean, who would buy a ferrarri and then try to mod it? A: that would be a waste of an expensive ass car, and B: it doesn't need any mods because its already the best it can be in the factory, thats the whole point. 

If you're more into that sort of scene, May I suggest: Mighty Car Mods. they're a bunch of Youtubers that do what you're explaining. its all about getting cars, Modifying them, making them cool. having fun around that sort of car culture. 

I mean, I can see where you're coming from. but in realistic terms, a much larger audience is more drawn to a car show showing off the newest, latest Supercars and then completely farting around in them than a couple of guys buying a beat up Silvia and Turning it in to a show car. However MCM is great. Also RegularCarReviews. @Never originally linked me to RCR. its a brilliant channel for yet another portion of car culture. 

The thing is TG was my thing. The problem is I have no problem with 3 old men doing funny things but the jokes are going stale same for the formula. They are doing same thing over and over again and I'd be nice to see some new ideas from them.

Also I'm not into racing or modding I'm into INTERESTING cars and car scene. You don't need to be a factory car to be interesting. There are also many forgotten classics which are as good if not better than modern cars and I don't speak about 1960s cars but even the ones from the 80s. 

As for modding ferraris - haven't seen good ferrari mods but Rauch does amazing job with Porches. 

Also you miss the point. I don't mean garage mods but the scene for interesting cars has grown a lot. It's no longer 2 dudes building something in their garage. There are huge companies doing very interesting projects. Not to mention there are many forgotten cars worth their own show. Your post only shows you don't know this part of the car world (no offence) and maybe getting to know it would be interesting to you. Especially since some butique brands they show on top gear are often smaller operations than some tuners. Not to mention TG shows tuner cars from time to time like that insane 1900hp patrol. 

Overall I think you missed my point. I don't want them to focus on racing only, or on modding only. I want them to just be more curious and explore new parts of the car culture. The car world has changed in the last 20 years. TG/GT has gotten stale because every episode is 1. riding a car around a track (new track is worse than the TG one) 2. Lap time with a race driver 3. Some news 4. Totally non car shit where guys make a drivable iglo or something other idiotic and sometimes you get a nice road trip which is either 1-2 episodes like Namibia or half episode like the North of France though in both ways I feel like their old trips like both US trips were better. Not to mention why don't they explore car cultures in places they are? That would mean every trip is different and now every trip to remote place is 1. buy shit cars 2. mod them so they will break down 3. car breaks down. 4. car works, it's a miracle. 5. finish. It's just too formulaic. 

So i don't want sports or tuned cars or old cars for the sake of them. I want them since I believe it would bring new formats to the show and make it feel fresh again. They are also the only show with enough money to really explore them. 

1 hour ago, BlackAdder said:

This's .

I follow few channels myself, including above mentioned /DRIVE, but watching tyre burning with wide angle isn't much of journalism for me. 

Top Gear / Grand Tour bring bizarre shit out of cars, spend fortune in process and makes fun of things about cars. And for professional opinion i rather want fat american (to do timed lap) than some pseudo driver. 

Maybe it's me but after watching all the new top gear seasons and now GT watching cars drive sideways has gotten boring. Ooh look another Koenigsegg, this one goes 20kph faster and accelerates 0.1 better but has one thing that annoys someone. It's formulaic, thats the problem. 

Actually, MCM does this whole car culture thing. They are limited in resources, but they did multiple feature films, like Kei To The City, Lend Us a Ride, to a certain degree Mod Max, Roadkill episode, and others. I actually don't usually like the cars they modify or the mods themselves, but I really like the way they do things, their attitude - they're still those 2 guys that like to work around cars and explore lot of stuff. 

Petrolicious does something along the lines of what you're saying. They don't really focus on whole culture, but on people, their cars and their story.

/Drive is really boring for me. Their content is either 5 minute video that has no value or 30 minutes or 3 guys saying their opinions, which I don't care about. I guess on TV it might be different, but there's still Matt Farrah. I really dislike the guy, not sure why exactly but I do.

I don't watch too much car-related content tbh. All reviews are usually the same, no matter if they're on TV or YT, and in the end they have little informative value, since everybody is looking for something else in the car and often, reviewers are very biased. Most YT content apart from reviews is stupid clickbait with no real content, or opposite extreme, long videos with lots of information that are boring and I already know big chunk of it anyway. 

The whole car culture thing is really hard to capture anyway. It's usually displayed really superficially and polished up to look good. Discovery used to do lot of really cool car related movies/series, but that was long time ago. Also, personal opinion, but I think lot of car cultures are really opinionated, rigid and people in them kinda stupid. So often, they're not even worth capturing.

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

The thing is TG was my thing.

I struggle to find time when TG was different pattern show, and by different i mean 2002 (was it?) since they relaunched show (first 90's was more car oriented show).

I wastch Matt Farah too, but there is no real value besides speaking of technical details and random gibberish while he cant speed to ludacris speeds. 

2 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

I struggle to find time when TG was different pattern show, and by different i mean 2002 (was it?) since they relaunched show (first 90's was more car oriented show).

I wastch Matt Farah too, but there is no real value besides speaking of technical details and random gibberish while he cant speed to ludacris speeds. 

Top gear was the same but when you see something for the first time it looks better. Also I think the cast wa more excited for some ideas and some better ones were not exploited already. That's the difference. It's a bit like with Marvel movies. I was pretty on board with the first 5 or 10 but now I'm starting to get bored even by the best ones since it's all the same formula. 

Have in mind I tend to be biased against repeating ideas in TV and Movies since I watch those for a living.

3 hours ago, Marty said:

Actually, MCM does this whole car culture thing. They are limited in resources, but they did multiple feature films, like Kei To The City, Lend Us a Ride, to a certain degree Mod Max, Roadkill episode, and others. I actually don't usually like the cars they modify or the mods themselves, but I really like the way they do things, their attitude - they're still those 2 guys that like to work around cars and explore lot of stuff. 

Petrolicious does something along the lines of what you're saying. They don't really focus on whole culture, but on people, their cars and their story.

/Drive is really boring for me. Their content is either 5 minute video that has no value or 30 minutes or 3 guys saying their opinions, which I don't care about. I guess on TV it might be different, but there's still Matt Farrah. I really dislike the guy, not sure why exactly but I do.

I don't watch too much car-related content tbh. All reviews are usually the same, no matter if they're on TV or YT, and in the end they have little informative value, since everybody is looking for something else in the car and often, reviewers are very biased. Most YT content apart from reviews is stupid clickbait with no real content, or opposite extreme, long videos with lots of information that are boring and I already know big chunk of it anyway. 

The whole car culture thing is really hard to capture anyway. It's usually displayed really superficially and polished up to look good. Discovery used to do lot of really cool car related movies/series, but that was long time ago. Also, personal opinion, but I think lot of car cultures are really opinionated, rigid and people in them kinda stupid. So often, they're not even worth capturing.

What's MCM? 

Petrolicious is boring. Their videos are nice to look at but they provide almost no info.

/Drive has it's problems. Their videos are super long and they talk too much but the ideas behind them are good plus the specials are fun. I liked Tuned on Drive with Mat Farrah. 

Don't care about reviews. What I want is STORIES. I want to see something and be "WOW I have never heard about it/seen it". And yes a ton of car culture is stupid. Most cultures where a lot of people join to show off/be macho/look better to chicks (so cars, sports, etc) have a high % of idiotic superficiality (and I say that as someone who still competes in "extreme" sports). I just really like to hear about interesting ideas. Like some crazy tuner in Japan doing Lambo tuning or old school Argentinian supercars or simply Japanese cars that were never available in Japan or how car culture looks in Africa or middle east. Ffs There is so much to explore.

39 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I just really like to hear about interesting ideas. Like some crazy tuner in Japan doing Lambo tuning or old school Argentinian supercars or simply Japanese cars that were never available in Japan or how car culture looks in Africa or middle east. Ffs There is so much to explore.

The problem is this is niche, and I think there is no commercial value. So why anyone would invest in production about anime beat off with neon Lambo or 2JZ swapped in BMW? You have dedicated channels and this is as far as you can go. Also, i don't think most people would watch series stuffed with extremes like vintage 911 and "ricer" from South Africa or drift king from Serbia. That's too extreme and wide. 

I love RCR and I follow them since day one because they have the same pattern of talking shit about regular cars. I love Chris Harris, but not so much because tire destroying but because sheer enthusiasm about every single machine (i see myself that way).

I used to watch Wheeler Dealers because I love working on cars. See that wide verity of car related stuff, and going with one is too narrow, going full wide is boring and less appealing for the general audience. So pick whatever you want, subscribe and enjoy. 

30 minutes ago, BlackAdder said:

The problem is this is niche, and I think there is no commercial value. So why anyone would invest in production about anime beat off with neon Lambo or 2JZ swapped in BMW? You have dedicated channels and this is as far as you can go. Also, i don't think most people would watch series stuffed with extremes like vintage 911 and "ricer" from South Africa or drift king from Serbia. That's too extreme and wide. 

I love RCR and I follow them since day one because they have the same pattern of talking shit about regular cars. I love Chris Harris, but not so much because tire destroying but because sheer enthusiasm about every single machine (i see myself that way).

I used to watch Wheeler Dealers because I love working on cars. See that wide verity of car related stuff, and going with one is too narrow, going full wide is boring and less appealing for the general audience. So pick whatever you want, subscribe and enjoy. 

The problem is you have a very stereotypical view of the tuning car culture and concentrate it even though it's simply an example of different aspects of car culture. I get it's a big part of it but I have stated 3 times already I am not interested in a stereotypical tuner.  To use Porsche as an example. Rauh or Magnus Walker are interesting. Not some dude who did something silly with his car. Speedhunters actually have quite a few interesting projects on their site. 

You can have an amazing trip to japan, eat amazing food and meet local tuners who create amazing cars or restore unknown racing gems. This way you basically have Antony Bourdain + Top Gear (they feature old race car legends from time to time) + some knowledge. 

None of the shows you are talking about is what I have in mind. What I'm talking about is closer to Bourdains show but about cars, not about food and a bit more dynamic. 

I think the problem is, car culture is so wide and diverse it can be almost impossible to capture all of it. You have the TG style of car culture, MCM, RCR, Fast and Furious styles, the whole japanese dar culture, american style car culture. The Middle eastern Rich people car culture where everyone has a supercar, And just different cultures within cultures. E.G a lot of people in the JDM culture seem to HATE hondas, but then you have the whole Honda Culture inside that culture. And then you have the retarded people that camber the shit out of their wheels and ruin their cars for no reason who should be banned from cars for ever culture. 

But maybe thats what you want, a series that, each episode, displays a different part of the whole car culture and brings it together to show. 

16 hours ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

Regular Car Reviews isn't serious. It's built on poop jokes, voices, and the significance of cars rather than the usual specs/performance. Quite entertaining.

But they throw specs in hilarious manners and in process they shit on car culture. They are fuckin great.

hazzgar - you keep repeating that TG and GT are "formulaic" and stale to you.  I understand that, but being "formulaic" is what built the TG brand, and allowed the three men to step over from the BBC to Amazon and recreate their earlier successes. 

There is no plausible way that I would ever watch more than 10 minutes of a show dedicated to "tuning" vehicles or "car culture", I am just a guy who has been driving a car for 40 years now and I want to be entertained when I watch a show.  If there was no humor in GT, I wouldn't bother watching it AT ALL, cars are not particularly interesting to me, they are just a mode of transportation from point A to point B.  Attaching a dildo to the steering wheel of James May's car was hysterical to me, his reaction to it was priceless, truth be told I don't remember the supercars or even the luxury cars from one episode to the next, I just remember how passionately the three of them argue over their favorites.

tldr; It's a show about three grouchy old men futzing around cars and pranking each other, not a show about cars presented by three old men. It is the relationships that make the show - the cars are just pretty props.

6 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

hazzgar - you keep repeating that TG and GT are "formulaic" and stale to you.  I understand that, but being "formulaic" is what built the TG brand, and allowed the three men to step over from the BBC to Amazon and recreate their earlier successes. 

There is no plausible way that I would ever watch more than 10 minutes of a show dedicated to "tuning" vehicles or "car culture", I am just a guy who has been driving a car for 40 years now and I want to be entertained when I watch a show.  If there was no humor in GT, I wouldn't bother watching it AT ALL, cars are not particularly interesting to me, they are just a mode of transportation from point A to point B.  Attaching a dildo to the steering wheel of James May's car was hysterical to me, his reaction to it was priceless, truth be told I don't remember the supercars or even the luxury cars from one episode to the next, I just remember how passionately the three of them argue over their favorites.

tldr; It's a show about three grouchy old men futzing around cars and pranking each other, not a show about cars presented by three old men. It is the relationships that make the show - the cars are just pretty props.

couldn't of said it better myself, though I am in to cars as well

Some of the cars on that show are cool as hell, beautifully designed and well engineered, I enjoy them in the moment, I appreciate the style, I forget them a day after the show.  As I boot my three sons out of the nest and into the exciting world of adulthood, I will finally have some disposable income and interest in cars again, but my level is much more Consumers Reports than the beauties they show on GT.