Patient0

LIMITED TIME ONLY: PATIENT0 TEACHES HOW TO PAD TANKS

Hello all,

From today to the end of May, I am offering FREE coaching to anyone. I specialize in lights, mediums, and fast heavies. I specialize in farming a shit ton of damage, tilting other good players, and public relations for warpack. Refer to WotLabs for more info.

Sessions will probably be two people at a time, if I can get that many, and last 1-2 hours.

Format:

1. Replay Review
  2. Platoons
  3. Conclusion/End Questions

What are you waiting for? PM me here or in game now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

I have realized that teaching platoons don't help much, and makes me play badly. So, I'm going to analyze replays and answer general questions. Casual platoons are fine as well.

On 2016-05-14 at 4:26 PM, Patient0 said:

I have realized that teaching platoons don't help much, and makes me play badly. So, I'm going to analyze replays and answer general questions. Casual platoons are fine as well.

Just a thought. It may help to go over theoretical engagements whilst platooning.
Call out a mistake when you see it. Explain why you are going to a certain position (i.e. what you see/don't see on the minimap, etc) then do a replay review with said player on that exact same match and go over what they could have done better in terms of micro play in a given situation.

On 15.5.2016 at 1:26 AM, Patient0 said:

I think that platooning with good players helps the most. You don't have to explain anything, just do your thing and let your "students" watch.

A while back I was frequently playing late night platoons with two unicum friends of mine. They didn't teach me, but I listened to their conversations in TS and analyzed their behavior. If I had a question they would obviously answer it too. Furthermore I wanted to play as good as possible, so I had a motivation to focus and play well. While platooning I learned a lot and started playing almost as good as them.

Most people that do something well can't explain how though. When you play WoT you do most things intuitively and it's hard to put your finger on what you do exactly. Letting someone watch and follow you is a win win situation for both. He does whatever you say (as opposed to your usual teammate) and takes a hit for you if necessary and you help him get good.