Kazzerigian

Sale Weekend, Berlin Quartet, KV-1, KV-85, T-34, & Crews

I hope this wotlabs noob has found the right forum.

With the sales going on this weekend I can finally make some upgrades at a small discount. I would also like to purchase the Berlin Quartet while it's still available. And I'm hoping the crews could be used to optimize grinds. FWIW, *none* of my crew members have a single perk at 100% yet.

Medium: The only thing unlocked beyond my T-34 is the SU-85B which only has around 11K experience. I'm going to need to grind experience. Can the Rudy crew be used to any benefit in my T-34? I can't seem to find a resource that tells me how many of which role of crew is in which tank. The Tech Tree's useless and the Rudy doesn't even appear there.

Heavy: With my KV-1 I've unlocked the KV-2 and T-150 long ago. The sale this weekend has me ready to buy. I'd rather grind the T-150 based on what I'm reading. I also have a KV-85 with 38K experience or so, working towards the IS and KV-13. Looking forward to the IS. Again, the issue is crew.

I'm very open to advice here. But what I'd like to find - and I'm sure it exists somewhere and my Google-Fu is failing - is some kind of table that has all the tanks, their crew counts, their roles, etc. so I can plan crew changes. I don't want to move crew only to find out I could have done it much more cheaply if I'd have just purchased new at 100% and committed to grinding their first perks, etc.

Thanks!

HI Kazzerigian,

if you go to: wiki.wargaming.net

^is the wot wiki.

you can see what crew go in the tank on the right and side of the page for each tank.

The Berlin Quartet:
Cromwell: 5 crew(Commander, driver, gunner, loader, radio operator)(I'm using this crew for my future AX crew, leaving the radio operator trained in the comet)

IS-2: 4 crew(Commander, driver, gunner, loader)

ISU 122S: 5 crew(Commander, driver, gunner, loader, loader)

Rudy: 4 crew(Commander, drier, gunner, loader)

The T34 has 4 crew but an odd load out I remember there being a radio operator(and the commander is also the gunner)

I used a "normal" crew for the T34 because of the mis-match. You COULD re-train one of the rudy crew as the radio operator(but you then couldn't use it in the rudy any more) Besides, the T-34 leads to four different lines anyways, by the time you're done unlocking them all you'll have a decent crew and when you move on I paid the 500 gold to train the radio operator to a gunner.

What I did. Figure out what tanks you want to END UP at.. look at their crew requirements, and see what fits when you finally get there. A lot of the Heavy tanks and up picking up and losing crew members along the way, so I just trained in extra when I needed them and later, used them for other tanks when I wanted.

Example: Rudy crew:

Obj 140(correct crew layout for rudy) I just kept a crew in the T-34 and played my rudy with the rudy crew until I unlocked the next tank on the line.

IS7(same crew layout as ISU 122S), I just used what crew I could until the IS7 and put them back together at the end.

T62A(I used the IS2 crew here since they match)

So on so forth.. the crew layouts are kinda annoying from tier to tier, picking up an extra loader here or there.

Hope this helps.

It does help, thanks. I may need to work up a spreadsheet or something for each country/tank line/crew loadout in order to keep track!

The fact that I don't have anyone with 100% of any perk and if I move one of these premium crew I lose the BIA perk tells me I should probably just make do with other tanks and wait until I can truly take advantage of the premium tank crews with correct crew loadouts in the future. They should be well on the way to their next perk by then. And I should have some crew with 100% on the perks they've already been working on.

I'll get to studying on it. Thanks!

The BIA crews, and female crews are MOST advantageous when you are willing to use gold to train them. They start with 1 full perk at 100% with zero experience.

If you use silver, or retrain for free you still remain at zero experience AND you lose your free full perk(basically negating the reason they are so awesome.

You can always just keep them in the quartet until you have them trained with a bunch of experience and then re-train them losing some experience but you won't lose the reason why they are so nice. It seems like there is a "hidden" amount of base experience that can be lost that you can get back but takes time.

7 hours ago, Kazzerigian said:

Heavy: With my KV-1 I've unlocked the KV-2 and T-150 long ago. The sale this weekend has me ready to buy. I'd rather grind the T-150 based on what I'm reading. I also have a KV-85 with 38K experience or so, working towards the IS and KV-13. Looking forward to the IS. Again, the issue is crew.

The T-150 leads to the second USSR heavy tank line - KV-3, KV-4, ST-I, IS-4 - so it's a worthy grinder to work on. The KV-2 is a toy so it doesn't need to be ground as such, but it's still a fun place to park a couple million silver for when you want to blow off steam. (It is an effective way to jump into the SPG line, however, since it does connect to the S-51.)

What I did with my KV-1 was to just leave the crew in it and started new crews for the next tank(s) in line. I continued to chase daily doubles in the KV-1 for a few couple years which eventually grew into a spare 4-skill crew. When I got to the point of having more upper-tier tanks than I had crews for, I just transferred the KV-1 crew to where I needed it. (I used to have several of these "puppy farm" tanks that just trained extra crews using months or years of daily doubles and weekend specials.) 

2 hours ago, kreigermann said:

The BIA crews, and female crews are MOST advantageous when you are willing to use gold to train them. They start with 1 full perk at 100% with zero experience.

If you use silver, or retrain for free you still remain at zero experience AND you lose your free full perk(basically negating the reason they are so awesome.

You can always just keep them in the quartet until you have them trained with a bunch of experience and then re-train them losing some experience but you won't lose the reason why they are so nice. It seems like there is a "hidden" amount of base experience that can be lost that you can get back but takes time.

Small correction: although Berlin crews do have 0-skill BIA, they don't have any additional experience, female crews on the other hand have 0-skill BIA and a free exp to unlock one perk already on them. You wouldn't lose BIA on both types of crew whatever you do.

On 5/13/2016 at 4:29 PM, Shoop_da_whoop said:

Small correction: although Berlin crews do have 0-skill BIA, they don't have any additional experience, female crews on the other hand have 0-skill BIA and a free exp to unlock one perk already on them. You wouldn't lose BIA on both types of crew whatever you do.

You're right. I was thinking of the first "free" perk from the female crew(which I accidentally retrained one with silver) kept SOS but reduced the first 100% perk :(

Something to note, some of the BIA crew(the ones you get from missions) can be retrained from BIA to something else, which I think you CAN lose with silver(but I haven't tried) but I don't think the Quartet crew have this feature.

On 5/16/2016 at 11:23 AM, kreigermann said:

You're right. I was thinking of the first "free" perk from the female crew(which I accidentally retrained one with silver) kept SOS but reduced the first 100% perk :(

Something to note, some of the BIA crew(the ones you get from missions) can be retrained from BIA to something else, which I think you CAN lose with silver(but I haven't tried) but I don't think the Quartet crew have this feature.

Just to clarify, you cannot lose an existing perk or skill.  If you have experience on the tanker but have not selected a skill, and retrain with credits, the extra will be used to boost the tanker to 100% primary.  Generally this is considered a plus not a negative, but if you don't expect it then in would be a surprise.

Other than sixth sense I don't know if any skills are worth a reduced primary function (ie where it's better to have the skill but be at 90% primary skill).

Hm, odd.. I must be remembering it wrong(this happened when I finished my stug missions quite a while ago). I remember being really pissed off that I lost the completed perk and even put in a ticket(after spending gold to try to correct the blunder to begin with). They said they couldn't reset the crew member.