Sexy_Dave

How do you deal with "invisible" tanks?

So, while starting up a new account (and yes I'm aware of the irony of someone who is effectively a reroll- if not a very good one complaining) I picked up a couple T3 and T5 tanks.

And much to my surprise, there are a huge number of players -with tens of thousands of games, who apparently are working up the American TD lines. because almost every single game has at least one blue/purple rated player driving a T67. If they're on you side, great, you'll probably win.

It's when they're on the other side..I'm having issues. 

My tanks don't have the view range, speed, or crew skills to deal with "hidden" enemies. (Obviously this sucks at higher tiers as well, but most of my crews /tanks on my main account are at least close to the max view range) , these guys can out spot me by such a distance that it's kinda insane. 

There have been multiple games where the T67 driver ends up with 7-8 kills and 2kish damage , and hasn't been spotted the whole game. 

Just curious if anyone had any tips or suggestions for lower level non skilled crews in situations like this.  

Suspect every bush, go to positions where the engaging distance is within your own viewrange, don't go to positions where you can't retreat from.

+1 for subtle sarcasm

17 hours ago, Sexy_Dave said:

And much to my surprise, there are a huge number of players -with tens of thousands of games, who apparently are working up the American TD lines. because almost every single game has at least one blue/purple rated player driving a T67. If they're on you side, great, you'll probably win.

Nope. I only ever "worked up" to Hellcat. After nerf I dropped my 4 skill crew back in T67. It is better than hellcat ever was due to HUGE tier for tier dpm difference, since the HP pool simply explodes at tier 7-8, rendering Kitty hard to influence games in this meta even without nerfs (I sold Kitty a few days before nerf. It was grossly OP tank back in the day of vision meta, O-I stomp faces more than even unnerfed Kitty could today).

Not all players enjoy tier X battles (beside the obvious obsolescence of tds in high tiers). I like the best tier 4-6 gameplay. Seal clubbing? maybe. Money grind since I never bought any prem tanks and run 50% of time with standard acc? sure.

History aficionado? That is why i play this game and not AW.

In that tier best "invisible" tanks for me are T-28, T-34, T67 and Cromwell. All have the potential to be "invisible", and camo while firing is the least important part. Speed to get to best bushes (and since new physic to climb on strange places)+ optics+binos+ double bushes is how i run them all.

Take a look at my T-28 thread if you want. 445 m View range at tier 4 is what "invisible" truly means. Good knowledge of lines of fire and bushes mandatory. I have 4 skill crew in T-28 by now, so recon on top of all of it + Clutch + repairs rest. Repairs are usefull maybe once in 10 matches when you get tracked by another pew-pew 57 mm and kill him...saves you rep kit.

P.S. I strongly suggest you to read all of the  micropositioning tread here a few topics above. Most of the places are viable in tiers 7-10 just for one shot, but in lower tiers you can abuse seals use them all game long.

uh.......look at the hit indicator, line it up to where the shot came from, pick the most likely bush and blind fire it.

If that's not an option go the opposite direction of the scary tanky tank.

If THAT'S not an option, charge in close under their gun line or just get in close period.  Pray to the Great Dog God Gabe and M60 Jesus you don't die in the process.

30 minutes ago, Shifty_101st said:

If THAT'S not an option, charge in close under their gun line or just get in close period.  Pray to the Great Dog God Gabe and M60 Jesus you don't die in the process.

Ugh...you can not rly do that. It is tier 4-6...every shot is a pen, and guns on "invisible" tanks are pretty accurate. With 2-3 sec reload, padders always switch to correct ammo to pen for sure. Also, dpm vs hitpoints ratio is insane. You pulverize same tier tanks in 6-12 seconds, depending if they are paper 350 hp tds, or 640-88 hp tier 6 heavies. pew pew.

T-67 is more popular, but T-34 is even more deadly. better acc and dpm  with better gold...Also, you can not kill it with 105 mm derp, much less 75 mm one.

Well if your options are to to do that or just sit there and get shot continuously by invisible tank...but really, if you get often sniped by invisible tanks with current maps you are doing something wrong. If you don't have the view range, just don't go to one of those very few places in maps where that matters.

Three options:

Either avoid it and go to another combat area,

Go to a safe distance and blind fire his bushes to scare him,

or pick a route that can go close to him without getting in his line of fire, you might even have to take one or two shots to achieve that.

You have 2 good posts above.

Unless you are fully vision kited (400 m view range on a move, full camo, binos on top), go to other end of the map from start, if you see blues/unica in load screen in those tanks. Go in brawling area and be 2nd line support. Once your team has 3-4 tanks more, it is hard for him to chew you all in time.

One indicative thing is their damage ratio. If it is 1.8-2.0 or higher, he is going to vision kite like a boss. If it is less, maybe they just grind.

9 hours ago, Felicius said:

Ugh...you can not rly do that. It is tier 4-6...every shot is a pen, and guns on "invisible" tanks are pretty accurate. With 2-3 sec reload, padders always switch to correct ammo to pen for sure. Also, dpm vs hitpoints ratio is insane. You pulverize same tier tanks in 6-12 seconds, depending if they are paper 350 hp tds, or 640-88 hp tier 6 heavies. pew pew.

T-67 is more popular, but T-34 is even more deadly. better acc and dpm  with better gold...Also, you can not kill it with 105 mm derp, much less 75 mm one.

That is assuming you have no other option friend.  It's either bait the shot, blind the bush, or run.  If you have a last ditch option, you get in as close as possible.

And if every shot is penning you in that tier, you're doing something wrong :) 

Well, every shot at that tier IS a pen, at least if you look from my side of the barrel. I drive paper tanks (so only HE do not pen when shot at me) with 1.8-2.5 sec reload (so i can always switch gold for harder targets like KVs and O-Is without needing to fire ap that is in my barrel by default - by the time gun aims, apcr is loaded), and use as much gold as necessary(177-189 apcr). Only tank that is not auto-pen is AT-2.

P.S. i simply deny to fire at sidescraping KVs that are baiting shots in tracks. If they wanna win the match, then have to come out and move. I am perfectly happy to wait till they are last ones alive to circle them to their  deaths. It does save on ammo costs, since the circle of death can me made using regular ammo.