waga100

Upcoming map called 'The Ridge'

it looks pretty decent. Bottom theres a a city for heavies to fight in and up te top there some accually bushes and hills for meds and lights. TD's get screwed but fuck 'em.

It's probably not going to be the greatest map in the game but at least its not windstorm or stalingrad again

It's weird that WG went from designing a bunch of historical looking maps (Kharkov, Stalingrad, Pilsen) to making what looks like a miniature golf course.  I hope this isn't from one of the old map makers that they recently hired back.

27 minutes ago, boxty said:

It's weird that WG went from designing a bunch of historical looking maps (Kharkov, Stalingrad, Pilsen) to making what looks like a miniature golf course.  I hope this isn't from one of the old map makers that they recently hired back.

Can be any worse then those you listed?

47 minutes ago, Politx_Killer said:

Can be any worse then those you listed?

What's so bad about Pilsen? Why are people always dumping on it?

I feel equally fine on that map in my IS-7, Leo PTA, and BatChat, and that's saying something.

12 minutes ago, Ollie Tabooger said:

What's so bad about Pilsen? Why are people always dumping on it?

I feel equally fine on that map in my IS-7, Leo PTA, and BatChat, and that's saying something.

Still the same hurr durr brawl fest. Not one vision lane to be abused. 

52 minutes ago, Politx_Killer said:

Still the same hurr durr brawl fest. Not one vision lane to be abused. 

Try the hills off to the side, seriously. If you sit towards the back, you can do a lot of chaisniping and vision games over the hills - spot a tank which you can see and which can't see you, take a shot, and back down immediately, repeat when unspotted.

xzjpxcebdiljcfit.png

I've outlined in red the general starting areas and outlined in blue areas which you can shoot at. You can back down the other side if another side falls and run away. You almost never want to go to the edge of the hill side of the map; that's basically another brawling zone.

I love it because it means that I can repeatedly poke over in my Batchat and dump a clip into the sides of heavies looking through the center square, getting off 3 or even 4 shots before they can turn their turrets.

It's unfortunate that there are no bushes (there should be atop one of the hills in red on either side), but I can work with that.

41 minutes ago, Ollie Tabooger said:

Try the hills off to the side, seriously. If you sit towards the back, you can do a lot of chaisniping and vision games over the hills - spot a tank which you can see and which can't see you, take a shot, and back down immediately, repeat when unspotted.

xzjpxcebdiljcfit.png

I've outlined in red the general starting areas and outlined in blue areas which you can shoot at. You can back down the other side if another side falls and run away. You almost never want to go to the edge of the hill side of the map; that's basically another brawling zone.

I love it because it means that I can repeatedly poke over in my Batchat and dump a clip into the sides of heavies looking through the center square, getting off 3 or even 4 shots before they can turn their turrets.

It's unfortunate that there are no bushes (there should be atop one of the hills in red on either side), but I can work with that.

They may work 1/100 times, but generally the game is won/lost on the 1/2/3 line on ASIA at least. Vision is dead, long live the brawl

honestly i think the corridor meta is exaggerated a lot. the more open sides on pilsen are relevent enough for meds to be useleful. Lets put it this way I'd rather play a med on windstorm than an e100 on prok. 

I'm most curious about the huge bowl ridge, because the only other one that comes close (Prok) is pretty fun to play

It's worrying though how much unusable space there is, particularly the huge open fields by the spawns. How does WG's map department have it in their heads that giving designated camping spots by the base so average TDs can be useless for 2/3 of the game is a good thing? It's like they don't understand the flow of their own game and the roles of the tanks. Having a defensive group at the back = not participating and contributing to a loss.

So. three different balconies overlooking the central city (both spawns and that firing squad cliff of doom).  That looks like fun trying to survive in city.

Yeah, all the flat open field approaches, what could go wrong.

I do like the giant aquarium decoration rock in the northeast, my cichlids would totally hang out in there.

1) The TD spot at spawn can shoot straight through the town.

2) I love they are trying to give heavy's a spot to brawl in while making at as arty safe as possible.

3) Town is shit. I really don't know what that side of the map is built for?