mort_CZ

M4A3E8 - I screwed up at the end, need help

Heres a link to the replay:

http://wotreplays.com/site/2692705#stats

I know that when I was going against that KV1, I should have gone from the other side, but I was shaking and didnt think that hes gonna cross the hill. I was trying to shoot his tracks but everything bounced. Was there any way of doing it better?

Pls halp :brokenheart:

Load more APCR, and no HE... atleast 30 APCR (also auto instead of manual fire ex). You wasted too much time on the japanese brick, and you even want to load it for KVs.

Also think you might've been too aggressive when the TDs rushed you in the middle in the 2nd dip. You did well to take minimal damage though. Could've peaked over the 3 line before advancing, would've spotted the TDs and left you in a better position.

You let the ARL surprise you, with your turret going all over the place. And I wouldn't have lost vision of the KV, again lack of APCR, just load it and blast him away. Your position when spotting the KV was too much to the left side of the hill as well, leaving too much space to retreat safely.

gratz on the 3 MoE, could've been more glorious! ;)

4 hours ago, Epic said:

and you even want to load it for KVs.

Unless you just have an assload of money to burn, I really don't think this is necessary for most situations. Most of the KV series from the front is either autobounce or easily penetrable regardless.

It's kind of like firing APCR out of an M46 at a Type 59, or out of a T34 at a Ferdinand-ok, so maybe you could do it if you're chasing a mark, but for standard gameplay I think it's way excessive.

It is the difference between being blue and being purple, between 55% and 60% WR.... And Im actually pretty conservative in my premmo use... Also credits should be easy to come by with SHs and prem tanks.

28 minutes ago, Epic said:

It is the difference between being blue and being purple, between 55% and 60% WR....

Running 64,39% on mine :doit:

hehe, was more a general statement, but yes... E8 is good at winning, such a nice tank. Sadly my E8 stats are polluted as it was the first line I played, but doing ~69%/~1.3k dpg in the Fury.

1 minute ago, Epic said:

hehe, was more a general statement, but yes... E8 is good at winning, such a nice tank. Sadly my E8 stats are polluted as it was the first line I played, but doing ~69%/~1.3k dpg in the Fury.

I wasnt acting like Im some fokin unicum, I just wanted to boast a little bit. Anyways, I dont know why but e8 feels so good to me, its comfortable to play. Enough speed to get you places, awesome flexibility and gun handling and of course god-like dpm. Its a bit underrated though...

Our metas are different but here's my 2c. Important shit bolded.

• Positioning yourself at the dip is fine BUT your teammates are not in position to assist you should you potentially get yolo'd. Granted it is on the 'allied' half of the map but it's something to keep in mind. Imagine if that stuart was accompanied by an ELC and 34-85. You'd probably be half-dead if not dead.
  • Small microplay thing but when you are shooting the M5, there is no reason to drive towards him and potentially expose yourself to 9/0 line. Keep your distance and angle appropriately. He can't pen you anyways.
  • Shoot the churchill's turret. It's flat and easy to pen.
  • Once again same for the E2. You don't have to shoot the mantlet. Just shoot around the mantlet and it will pen. It is far easier to do so than the UFP and would have saved you from taking 1 or 2 shots of dmg.
  • Don't auto aim on the stug... It was autoaimed to his mantlet. You were lucky he didn't damage you.
  • Sort of seems like you were wasting APCR against the stug/su85/100y. Be aware of when you need and don't need to APCR.
  • When the OI was distracted you should have just went in and shot his side. You wasted precious seconds by sitting there and shooting what you can't pen. By the time you pushed into him in the replay, he would have been already dead had you pushed earlier.
  • Once you killed the 34-85 back the fuck out into the dip. They were obviously headed towards cap. No reason to stay and simply wait. Use your mobility/camo and come in from a different angle. This would have easily saved you the 200+ HP necessary to kill the KV1.
  • Capping was an option at the end.

14 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:
  • Sort of seems like you were wasting APCR against the stug/su85/100y. Be aware of when you need and don't need to APCR.
  • When the OI was distracted you should have just went in and shot his side. You wasted precious seconds by sitting there and shooting what you can't pen. By the time you pushed into him in the replay, he would have been already dead had you pushed earlier.
  • Once you killed the 34-85 back the fuck out into the dip. They were obviously headed towards cap. No reason to stay and simply wait. Use your mobility/camo and come in from a different angle. This would have easily saved you the 200+ HP necessary to kill the KV1.

Dude, youre totally right. Thanks for advice, its a good summary. Just one thing, I wasnt sure of OIs reload  and was scared that he would shoot me in the face by the time I can get to his side, it was a misplay, I know, dont know why I took those inaccurate shots at his tracks though.