The_Illusi0nist

T1 Cunningham... Worst NERF since artillery?

I have always loved the T1 Cunningham.  However when I got back online after finishing my semester of college, I find that it's been limited to only one gun!  Why is this?! (I know why... it was OP).  So I guess the real question is: What's the master tier one tank now? I've heard the lol tractor... but I never had a good experience with it...   DISCUSS!!!

Along with Mittengard, cutting down on the researchable modules was part of WG's scheme to casualize low tiers so that new players wouldn't be too confused by stuff. They really should have kept more gun options though, even if they removed everything else.

well tbh, it is sort of a good idea. low tier balance was out of proportion, you could poke out with the 20mm spam cannon on the T1 and clip them out before they could even aim at you. So even if it is a "nerf" its still better for balance. 

2 minutes ago, Masterpupil2 said:

Thinks arty was actually nerfed. 

:kjugh:

well, it was. but it didn't fix it.

There isn't really anything in tier 1 that is competitive against tier 2s anymore.  Just upgrade to something in tier 2.  There are plenty of options out there for something with the T1's playstyle.

I'd like to offer you an option if you're really that set on playing tier 1, but looking over the options again, there really isn't anything good to choose from.  The best I can suggest is that the Ltraktor has a gun that operates most like what you'd be used to using, but doesn't perform nearly so well.

Yeah, that 20mm bullshit gun was complete Ebola, especially with APCR if the guy was a total low tier clubbing prick.

On the flip side, since the T1 and T18 rebalance, low tier grinding has become chaotic, but at least enjoyable without getting spammed/derped in <2 seconds.

8 hours ago, Kitten said:

>tier 1

:kjugh:

Ey come on, everyone have their own preferences.

7 hours ago, Kuroialty said:

There isn't really anything in tier 1 that is competitive against tier 2s anymore.  Just upgrade to something in tier 2.  There are plenty of options out there for something with the T1's playstyle.

I'd like to offer you an option if you're really that set on playing tier 1, but looking over the options again, there really isn't anything good to choose from.  The best I can suggest is that the Ltraktor has a gun that operates most like what you'd be used to using, but doesn't perform nearly so well.

When it comes to low tier stuff, pretty much if Kuro says it, its right.

8 hours ago, FreddBoy said:

Yeah, that 20mm bullshit gun was complete Ebola, especially with APCR if the guy was a total low tier clubbing prick.

On the flip side, since the T1 and T18 rebalance, low tier grinding has become chaotic, but at least enjoyable without getting spammed/derped in <2 seconds.

The T1 and T18 nerfs are red herrings.  The real chaos controller was the pool of open, vision-controlled maps that allowed for keeping the autocannon menace in check by wiping them out before they could get in range.  Autocannons were always going to dominate otherwise, unless something came along with competitive DPM like the I-Go.

If I were WG I'd make Mittenguard appear for tier 1 battles only and fix about half the stupid of low tier in one small action. Right now every time I want to play a tier 2 for on track doubles it's a bunch of asswipes with 5k games in the American T2 Light blasting 100% APCR out of autocannons for -40k credits per battle padding their precious wn8 since the tank poops purple now. You can imagine how well that goes in a tier 2 British paper TD.

3 hours ago, Kuroialty said:

The T1 and T18 nerfs are red herrings.  The real chaos controller was the pool of open, vision-controlled maps that allowed for keeping the autocannon menace in check by wiping them out before they could get in range.  Autocannons were always going to dominate otherwise, unless something came along with competitive DPM like the I-Go.

Well, Pz II has both, dpm AND clip (not so huge as others like m2 light, but 110 is a sweet spot - just fine to clip someone in 2 clips at close range, considering a few misses/bounces).ž

And M2 light is simply not so good once you start spamming gold on it...from other autocanons. It traverses like a whale, too. 

P.S. age of t 2 tds are long gone. even in vision meta Cruiser 3 was better...now it can mount pom pom and stay near the top...and tds are dead meat.