Rexxie

Elimination: Tier 9 - Skoda Victorious! (COMPLETE)

2 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

it deserves it. fuck both the tier 9 and 10.

tbh, theres not much on either of those tanks that you could nerf without them becoming completely useless. its sort of a waffle E100 situation they got themselves into

If your opponent has stooped as low as rolling the dice against your E-50's turret, you've already won.

It's an RNG turret face on a medium with Patton-level gun handling. The vast majority of opponents just have no answer to it - if you're in a lower tier, either it's too thick to pen or you don't have the gun handling to compete with a rocking, snapshotting E-50 turret. If you're in a higher tier you probably have no qualms instapenning any T9 meds' turret face. The only time the E-50's turret is a serious liability is against 330+ pen HEAT rounds since the sides are no longer autobounce.

Of all the E-50's problems, the turret being thin is the least relevant to me. The fact it's fat and sluggish are far more detrimental.

14 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

tbh, theres not much on either of those tanks that you could nerf without them becoming completely useless. its sort of a waffle E100 situation they got themselves into

nerfing the interclip while buffing gun handling by even 2-5% would be massive. 

8 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

If your opponent has stooped as low as rolling the dice against your E-50's turret, you've already won.

It's an RNG turret face on a medium with Patton-level gun handling. The vast majority of opponents just have no answer to it - if you're in a lower tier, either it's too thick to pen or you don't have the gun handling to compete with a rocking, snapshotting E-50 turret. If you're in a higher tier you probably have no qualms instapenning any T9 meds' turret face. The only time the E-50's turret is a serious liability is against 330+ pen HEAT rounds since the sides are no longer autobounce.

Of all the E-50's problems, the turret being thin is the least relevant to me. The fact it's fat and sluggish are far more detrimental.

I never have any problems penning an E-50s turret, even with T-54 AP. I shoot its turret more often than its Lower plate nowadays. 

6 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

I never have any problems penning an E-50s turret, even with T-54 AP. I shoot its turret more often than its Lower plate nowadays. 

You shoot 200 pen AP rounds into 190mm of armor flanked by autobounce sides, a 300mm UFP, and an autobounce mantlet? That takes serious balls. Even if you hit you have less than a 60% chance of penning.

2 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

You shoot 200 pen AP rounds into 190mm of armor flanked by autobounce sides, a 300mm UFP, and an autobounce mantlet? That takes serious balls.

well I've never had a problem with penning its turret like, ever. 

This thread makes me want to try the 430 v2, sounds fun. Also lol the T54 is good but is completely outclassed by the T-10 atm... The only thing the T54 has over it is a little bit of speed and dpm that requires heat to be truly effective. I like both tanks but the M46 is more comfy and the T-10 is a straight up upgrade.

Just now, _Assad said:

same

Don't worry I learned that the ST-I and E75 are considered top tier heavies by people :^)

13 minutes ago, Kitten said:

Don't worry I learned that the ST-I and E75 are considered top tier heavies by people :^)

Jag is a top tier heavy for me...T-10 is a med that eat too much chicken raised on hormones:dealdog:

4 minutes ago, Kolni said:

TIL slow tanks = good for winning :drunk: 

They're good at winning because they're last to the fight :serb:

33 minutes ago, Kitten said:

16 minutes ago, Kolni said:

You've been presented with evidence both anecdotal and statistical, what else do you want?

24 minutes ago, Kolni said:

Slow tanks ARE good for winning. They ARE NOT good for getting amazing DPG stats, as you can't farm damage in 15:3 wins or in 3:15 losses.

And that's why most unicums around here just hate slow tanks (which showed in both tier 10 and tier 9 eliminations). When unicums say "My medium can flex", they actually mean "If my flank falls, I can run away and farm additional 2k damage when enemies rush the cap" or "If we are steamrolling them I can farm additional 2k damage due to my 'flexing ability' ".

2 minutes ago, KurtaMurta said:

Slow tanks ARE good for winning. They ARE NOT good for getting amazing DPG stats, as you can't farm damage in 15:3 wins or in 3:15 losses.

And that's why most unicums around here just hate slow tanks (which showed in both tier 10 and tier 9 eliminations). When unicums say "My medium can flex", they actually mean "If my flank falls, I can run away and farm additional 2k damage when enemies rush the cap" or "If we are steamrolling them I can farm additional 2k damage due to my 'flexing ability' ".

My own experiences beg to differ. All my highest WR tanks are pseudoarmoured FAST tanks, the Conq and T32 being the sole exception to it because well, they're OP.

T-10/WZ/110/IS-3/T-55/T-54/E-50/113 are tanks that I avg above 65 solo consistently in, with others being more session dependent and usually ends up lower. 

Armour matters, but mobility does too and that's why the ST-I is worse than a fuckload of tanks here. 

26 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

You've been presented with evidence both anecdotal and statistical, what else do you want?

But they are not the statistically best tanks at winning in tier 9. And this is the guy who loves the ehundo. That's my problem with the argument that these tanks are considered <<the best>>. Anecdotal evidence though Crab, cmon :doge: 

WZ-111 1-4: 31
Skoda T-50: 41
E 50: 19
Conqueror : 31
M46 Patton: 38
T-54: 9 Was not fun even before the HD nerf, I can't imagine it'd be good now.
Object 430 II: 22
T-10: 44 Needs no explanation. The 1111111111-4 might be better, but I have no experience with it beyond playing the T8 prem version. The T-10 is still a better hull IMO.

Skoda T-50: 42
T-54: 6 I could play a Tier 9 heavium for better success because Turret armor is only good against Tier 8 tanks that have horribad pen.
Object 430 II: 19
T-10: 45 Oh look the Heavium to have better success compared against the T 54. with danker turret armor, some Dank speed, and the best handling 122mm gun with a turret, and DPM only beaten by the Conq for heavy tanks.

Edited by rojo180
GOD DAMNIT WHY AM I BLUE!!!???

2 hours ago, Kitten said:

But they are not the statistically best tanks at winning in tier 9. And this is the guy who loves the ehundo. That's my problem with the argument that these tanks are considered <<the best>>. Anecdotal evidence though Crab, cmon :doge: 

Well I agree with those qualifications. They aren't the very best. Just better than the population here thinks. I've not actually seen RN's data on 9s. And the anecdotes were my anecdotes, which are better than everyone elses. :disco::disco::disco::disco::disco:

E 50: 16
T-54:6 
Object 430 II: 20
T-10: 45

Out of the things left that I've played in their current state I think the E 50 is the worst and least enjoyable of the lot.

4 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Well I agree with those qualifications. They aren't the very best. Just better than the population here thinks. I've not actually seen RN's data on 9s. And the anecdotes were my anecdotes, which are better than everyone elses. :disco::disco::disco::disco::disco:

They're not terrible, in fact better than average, but yeah shouldn't be in the conversation for the best :P 

wow you're regressing to pubbie :serb: 

25 minutes ago, Roku said:

E 50: 16
T-54: 9 
Object 430 II: 20
T-10: 45

Out of the things left that I've played in their current state I think the E 50 is the worst and least enjoyable of the lot.

41 minutes ago, rojo180 said:

T-54: 9 I could play a Tier 9 heavium for better success because Turret armor is only good against Tier 8 tanks that have horribad pen.
Object 430 II: 19
T-10: 45 Oh look the Heavium to have better success compared against the T 54. with danker turret armor, some Dank speed, and the best handling 122mm gun with a turret, and DPM only beaten by the Conq for heavy tanks.

@rojo180 forgot to remove 3 from the T-54.