Jump to content
Rexxie

Elimination: Tier 9 - Skoda Victorious! (COMPLETE)

Recommended Posts

Just now, KenyanWarlord said:

because hipsters. I can't vote for the most popular tier 9 because that'll make me look to mainstream! I have to be edgy and stick out from the crowd!

I would literally take a T-54 before any of these tanks except the Skoda T50 because its OP as balls. but even in a carry situation I'd rather have a T-54.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

because hipsters. I can't vote for the most popular tier 9 because that'll make me look to mainstream! I have to be edgy and stick out from the crowd!

That's simply not true, the E50 and the M46 have been considered competitors for the throne of best tier 9 med for a long time now. The latter is straight up superior in situations where you don't need the extra HEAT pen and the armor gets penned anyway, which, really, is probably most of them. You can make an argument for your favorite tank but don't go thinking it's common sense-yeah, a lot of official pubbies claim it's number 1, but this rests largely on reputation and not an actual evaluation of stats and gameplay. The same people often claim the E100 & Tiger suck and the T95 is awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, M4A3E8sherman said:

That's simply not true, the E50 and the M46 have been considered competitors for the throne of best tier 9 med for a long time now. The latter is straight up superior in situations where you don't need the extra HEAT pen and the armor gets penned anyway, which, really, is probably most of them. You can make an argument for your favorite tank but don't go thinking it's common sense-yeah, a lot of official pubbies claim it's number 1, but this rests largely on reputation and not an actual evaluation of stats and gameplay. The same people often claim the E100 & Tiger suck and the T95 is awesome.

Stats don't lie. The T-54 is the most popular tier 9 tank. There is a reason it's the most popular tier 9 tank. Yes, majority of the people on wotlabs are 1000000x better then the shitters who play the game, but when the tank is that substantially more popular then other tanks, there's a good fucking reason for it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because for one it leads up to some of the most popular tier 10s, and as it's been said before, popularity is as much a function of the tank's successors as it is their independent effectiveness. Two, pubbie thought about game meta is not only often inaccurate, it's stuck in the past, which is why much of the populace still thinks the T-54 is OP and the M48 sucks (because, at one time, that was the case). And you have a whole lot more pubbies than good players, so you get a whole lot more of the tanks that pubbies think are the besterest evar. This doesn't change the fact that there's a very good case to be made that the top tier 9 is something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the subject of the E-50, I'd like to hear peoples opinion on it in a straight comparison with a tank I think it has many similarities with and which is still hanging in quite well, the Conqueror.

Don't get me wrong, I have it and like it rather a lot, but AP-penetration and post-HD turret armor aside, I find it weaker or equal to the E-50 in most areas.

Lower DPM, shell speed and accuracy. Gun handling in general also feels weaker, even though I run V.stab in the Conq and not in the E-50, soft stats suggest marginally better dispersion on hull movement, but worse on turret movement, which is the most important one. 10+ alpha is too minor to make much of an impact. Penetration-wise, the Conq deals better with the super-heavies, but I find 220/270 mm sufficent most of the time with the kind of accuracy you get here.

Survieability, while the turret and extra hit points are nice the hull armor is a huge liability, and the ammo-racks location crippling when you need to expose yourself.

As for mobility and vision-control, the E-50 comes out on top despite being poor for a medium at them.

 

Thoughts? Do people just value the turrer armor and pen that much or is there something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

Stats don't lie. The T-54 is the most popular tier 9 tank. There is a reason it's the most popular tier 9 tank. Yes, majority of the people on wotlabs are 1000000x better then the shitters who play the game, but when the tank is that substantially more popular then other tanks, there's a good fucking reason for it.

 

 

How are you measuring popularity? Total games played all time? Recent games played? Pre-HEAT nerf T-54 (circa 2013-2014? holy balls has it already been that long???) was one of the more OP tanks of all time, but that nerf plus turret nerf and physics brought it down to the level of very good instead of being essentially a tier 9.5 tank.

 

Ninja'd by E8. Agree. I had to play what...~450 games just to unlock both the 62 and 140? Total games as a measure of popularity needs to take that into consideration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Velvet_Ewok said:

 

How are you measuring popularity? Total games played all time? Recent games played? Pre-HEAT nerf T-54 (circa 2013-2014? holy balls has it already been that long???) was one of the more OP tanks of all time, but that nerf plus turret nerf and physics brought it down to the level of very good instead of being essentially a tier 9.5 tank.

Recent games played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KenyanWarlord said:

Recent games played.

E8's point still stands. 62 and 140 are still considered one of the more desirable tier X tanks in general and very desirable tanks for CW ergo many T-54 games played to get them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Velvet_Ewok said:

E8's point still stands. 62 and 140 are still considered one of the more desirable tier X tanks in general and very desirable tanks for CW ergo many T-54 games played to get them.

And as we learned from the dumbasses in the t10 ranking, the E50 M and M48 Patton are more desirable then both the soviet meds. So, the E 50 and M46 have no reason to be less popular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

Stats don't lie. The T-54 is the most popular tier 9 tank. There is a reason it's the most popular tier 9 tank. Yes, majority of the people on wotlabs are 1000000x better then the shitters who play the game, but when the tank is that substantially more popular then other tanks, there's a good fucking reason for it.

 

Just Sayin'

 

games played.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Velvet_Ewok said:

 

 

Just Sayin'

 

games played.jpg

Yeah, I realized that the first site I used was fairly old, but I did end up finding that one.

Still proves my point though. E 50 and M46 aren't even in the top ten. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

Yeah, I realized that the first site I used was fairly old, but I did end up finding that one.

Still proves my point though. E 50 and M46 aren't even in the top ten. 

The reason they are not in the top 10 is pretty simple if you think about it for like half a second:

Pubbies can't spam apcr in them, because they miss a lot more shots, and it costs them to much, whereas purples/deep purples can afford to do it given they will hit more shots, and will also spam tier 6 sh afterwards for mad creds.

So pubbies do not keep them, and play them, because they are massive sinkholes for creds for them. (or they try to fire that filthy base ammo and get lol-bounced way too often)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WZ 111 1-4: 30

Skoda T 50 : 49

Conqueror 25

M46 Patton: 34 Garbage turret.
T-10: 48 Good at everything.

Just now, blackzaru said:

The reason they are not in the top 10 is pretty simple if you think about it for like half a second:

Pubbies can't spam apcr in them, because they miss a lot more shots, and it costs them to much, whereas purples/deep purples can afford to do it given they will hit more shots, and will also spam tier 6 sh afterwards for mad creds.

So pubbies do not keep them, and play them, because they are massive sinkholes for creds for them. (or they try to fire that filthy base ammo and get lol-bounced way too often)

lolwut? e50 and m46 base ammo is better then the T-54. So your point makes no sense. sorry fam. the T-54 is the tank you'd expect pubbies to 'get rid of cause they're massive credit sinkholes'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

Yeah, I realized that the first site I used was fairly old, but I did end up finding that one.

Still proves my point though. E 50 and M46 aren't even in the top ten. 

Your original point was that the 54 was the most popular tank. That's false.

Secondly RE: E50 and M46.

Vehicles popular among Wotlabbers (tiny fraction of a percent vs total NA server pop/Global server pop) generally represent tanks min-max minded players find the most powerful at any given time. That's hardly representative of server or global server trends.

Secondly as one of the more famous/infamous tanks in history, the T-54's popularity is definitely affected by the thrill of playing a famous tank. There are many other possible ways to interpret data other than popularity being indicative of in-game usefulness.

 

Edited by Velvet_Ewok
formatting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

WZ 111 1-4: 30

Skoda T 50 : 49

Conqueror 25

M46 Patton: 34 Garbage turret.
T-10: 48 Good at everything.

lolwut? e50 and m46 base ammo is better then the T-54. So your point makes no sense. sorry fam. the T-54 is the tank you'd expect pubbies to 'get rid of cause they're massive credit sinkholes'. 

Your entire point relies on one thing: "Most played tanks are the best tanks".

Well, no. This isn't about what pubs play, this is about what we play. And lets get it straight: the T-54 is not what it used to be before the HD nerf it got. An M46 or E50 spamming apcr (given played by a decent enough player) will outright facefuck it. (and lets not even talk about the skoda)

The T-54 was gloriously famous at one point, but lets be real, who the hell goes "Oh shit, they got a T-54, better be careful." anymore. Before, even a pub could be scary in one. Now you can go through its turret without even aiming at weak points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Velvet_Ewok said:

Your original point was that the 54 was the most popular tank. That's false.

Secondly RE: E50 and M46.

Vehicles popular among Wotlabbers (tiny fraction of a percent vs total NA server pop/Global server pop) generally represent tanks min-max minded players find the most powerful at any given time. That's hardly representative of server or global server trends.

Secondly as one of the more famous/infamous tanks in history, the T-54's popularity is definitely affected by the thrill of playing a famous tank. There are many other possible ways to interpret data other than popularity being indicative of in-game usefulness.

 

Nobody likes a smart ass. You knew what I meant in my first post, don't be a cunt. 

Your second reason is absolute bullshit. Sure, that may encompass an extremely small amount of players, but once you've gotten to tier 9 you didn't grind for over a week just to play a 'famous tank'. And, the patton is also a 'famous tank' so that logic should work for it as well. You're really digging into the bottom of the barrel for this one. 

5 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

I don't understand why anyone is even entertaining the argument that popularity is equatable to power.

Because shitters play the 'OP HAXOR TENKS'. AKA the better tanks in their tier. They see a good player play the tank and think, "I can be like him!" so they play the tank, the cycle continues. 

I hate to ask, but did you even think before posting that? Popularity is extremely equatable to power because people are attracted to power, thus making a tank more popular. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

And as we learned from the dumbasses in the t10 ranking, the E50 M and M48 Patton are more desirable then both the soviet meds. So, the E 50 and M46 have no reason to be less popular.

On top of everything else, this is also false. The T62A and Object 140 combined have 4 times the number of games played compared to the E50 and 6 times as many as the M48.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blackzaru said:

Your entire point relies on one thing: "Most played tanks are the best tanks".

Well, no. This isn't about what pubs play, this is about what we play. And lets get it straight: the T-54 is not what it used to be before the HD nerf it got. An M46 or E50 spamming apcr (given played by a decent enough player) will outright facefuck it. (and lets not even talk about the skoda)

The T-54 was gloriously famous at one point, but lets be real, who the hell goes "Oh shit, they got a T-54, better be careful." anymore. Before, even a pub could be scary in one. Now you can go through its turret without even aiming at weak points.

So you're just dropping your lame argument of the T-54 being a 'massive credit sinkhole' or whatever you said? And, I never once said most played tanks are the best tanks. All I said is that there is a reason the most played tanks are the most played tanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CarbonWard said:

Well you know, the thread is about people expressing their opinions, which may or may not coincide with yours.

Because if we do this based on ePeen ya all might as well just let me rank them on page 1 and call it a day.

Did you do a tier 10 ranking in the ranking thread yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...