Rexxie

Elimination: Tier 9 - Skoda Victorious! (COMPLETE)

Just now, KenyanWarlord said:

So you're just dropping your lame argument of the T-54 being a 'massive credit sinkhole' or whatever you said? And, I never once said most played tanks are the best tanks. All I said is that there is a reason the most played tanks are the most played tanks.

That reason is not that it is good.

IS-7 is the most played tier 10 tanks of all, and that thing is almost regarded as a pos now.

T54 is played a lot because how famous and good it used to be, and that's pretty much it, that thing has some armor, but just not enough tier for tier.

2 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

Nobody likes a smart ass. You knew what I meant in my first post, don't be a cunt. 

Your second reason is absolute bullshit. Sure, that may encompass an extremely small amount of players, but once you've gotten to tier 9 you didn't grind for over a week just to play a 'famous tank'. And, the patton is also a 'famous tank' so that logic should work for it as well. You're really digging into the bottom of the barrel for this one. 

I'm not telepathic. If you fail to communicate your point clearly that's your fault; it's none of my responsibility to divine what you intended.

6 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

So you're just dropping your lame argument of the T-54 being a 'massive credit sinkhole' or whatever you said? 

No, and you missed my point entirely:

The T-54 was renowned to be a magic beast that anyone could make work. (even a retarded pubbie could just hull down and spam heat while bouncing everything).

All while the pubs miss the potential of the M46 and E50, because they can't make them work properly, and thus, those are just straight out credit sinkholes for them, point.

While the T-54 is a credit sinkhole, it also represented a fun tank for them, because for once, they were able to pull their hp in damage. It is not the case anymore. And this is not a listing about "how good it was for pubbies" but a listing about "how good it is for the top 5%+".

6 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

And, I never once said most played tanks are the best tanks. All I said is that there is a reason the most played tanks are the most played tanks.

Ok, and what is the reason if it's not inferring that you think that they are superior? Please, enlighten me oh dear prophet for I am too simple to understand your words.

Shitters don't just play tanks because unicums do well in them, shitters play tanks for all sorts of reasons. Tanks that are famous. Tanks that come from their country. Tanks that look cool. Tanks that other pubbies do well in. Tanks that lead to other tanks that fill these criteria. There's a dozen reasons why a tank might be popular, your reasoning is faulty in that it just takes one reason and expands it to the point where, in your mind, it's the prime determinant. The T-54 is in a popular line. The T-54 is a famous tank. The T-54 is in the most popular nation. The T-54 leads to multiple T10s. The T-54 is a good tank for any player. This is why the T-54 is popular.

1 minute ago, blackzaru said:

Ok, and what is the reason if it's not inferring that you think that they are superior? Please, enlighten me oh dear prophet for I am too simple to understand your words.

Because as a past shitter pubby, I like to think I know how they think. If a tank can draw such a HUGE amount more players then its competitors, I don't give a fuck if its the top 1% or the bottom 5%, there is OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING EXTREMELY ATTRACTIVE about the tank, whether it be armour, gun etc etc. Is the T-54 the best tier 9, if played by the best player in the game? Maybe, maybe not. It depends on a persons strengths and weaknesses. 

My reasoning for this was due to the fact that the T-54 shouldn't have been removed this early, not me saying it's the best tier 9 tank in the game. I think it is, but I can understand why other people might think otherwise. 

2 minutes ago, Velvet_Ewok said:

I'm not telepathic. If you fail to communicate your point clearly that's your fault; it's none of my responsibility to divine what you intended.

Yep, you're a cunt.

2 minutes ago, Megrin said:

That reason is not that it is good.

IS-7 is the most played tier 10 tanks of all, and that thing is almost regarded as a pos now.

T54 is played a lot because how famous and good it used to be, and that's pretty much it, that thing has some armor, but just not enough tier for tier.

But the difference between the T-54 and the IS-7 is while, in the past, they were both extremely good for their tier, the IS-7 wasn't nerfed. Other tanks were buffed and the meta changed due to that. The E5 being a good example of this. What the IS-7 had over the E5, its armour, is now basically on equal playing ground with the E5. However, pubbies are slow on the uptake of the new trends and such. I would be willing to bet by this time next year once the pubbies have had time to get their E5, we will be seeing a new most played tier 10.

The T-54 on the other hand was nerfed, other tanks weren't buffed. Yet players still play the T-54 the most out of any tier 9 medium by a longshot. It's outlasted its nerf for a reason.

5 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

Because as a past shitter pubby, I like to think I know how they think. If a tank can draw such a HUGE amount more players then its competitors, I don't give a fuck if its the top 1% or the bottom 5%, there is OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING EXTREMELY ATTRACTIVE about the tank, whether it be armour, gun etc etc. Is the T-54 the best tier 9, if played by the best player in the game? Maybe, maybe not. It depends on a persons strengths and weaknesses.

So you missed the entire point of the thread: Voting up tanks that have the highest potential, and voting down the tanks with the lowest potential.

Instead, you interpreted it as a popularity contest.

Yep, you're a cunt.

Nice way to prove that you aren't one.

So lets make this straight:

This isn't about what tank is played more and loved more by the general population. This is about what tanks, in a good player's hands, can influence a battle the most, shit on everyone the most, and basically stomp their way against anything that's thrown at them.

3 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

Shitters don't just play tanks because unicums do well in them, shitters play tanks for all sorts of reasons. Tanks that are famous. Tanks that come from their country. Tanks that look cool. Tanks that other pubbies do well in. Tanks that lead to other tanks that fill these criteria. There's a dozen reasons why a tank might be popular, your reasoning is faulty in that it just takes one reason and expands it to the point where, in your mind, it's the prime determinant. The T-54 is in a popular line. The T-54 is a famous tank. The T-54 is the most popular nation. The T-54 leads to multiple T10s. The T-54 is a good tank for any player. This is why the T-54 is popular.

While I would agree with you to some extent, if we avoid looking at tier 10 (due to the fucked up results, cause E5), in both tier 9 and tier 8 the most played tanks are the T-10 followed closely by the T-54 and at tier 8 it's the IS-3. As we can see in this post, many players on WoTLabs think the T-10 is the best tier 9 (and it will probably end up winning or getting second place). We can't really count the Skoda yet, due to the fact that your average shitter will take much longer to get to tier 9 then your average WotLabs player. So, if we look at this, the T-10, a not very historically well known tank, is both extremely popular and extremely good, if we use both the mindset of your average shitter pubby who PLAYS the thing, and your average WotLabs player who does WELL in the thing. However, the T-10 leads to a not great tier 10, unlike the T-54's two options. So, if we use your reasoning, the T-10 shouldn't be as popular as it is. 

2 hours ago, Masterpupil2 said:

I don't really know the guy, so I'm not sure if there's some Euro inside-joke that I am missing out on here.

Nah man, it's just Gehakte. :doge:

Never mind that, time to grab some popcorn, someone got their jimmies rustled.

1 hour ago, KenyanWarlord said:

And as we learned from the dumbasses in the t10 ranking, the E50 M and M48 Patton are more desirable then both the soviet meds. So, the E 50 and M46 have no reason to be less popular.

Yes,  and just like in the tier 10 thread,  multiple purples have explained in considerable detail why they think that.  As it turns out,  we don't just think these things because we're hipsters.  Stop being needlessly thick about this. 

While I would agree with you to some extent, if we avoid looking at tier 10 (due to the fucked up results, cause E5), in both tier 9 and tier 8 the most played tanks are the T-10 followed closely by the T-54 and at tier 8 it's the IS-3. As we can see in this post, many players on WoTLabs think the T-10 is the best tier 9 (and it will probably end up winning or getting second place). We can't really count the Skoda yet, due to the fact that your average shitter will take much longer to get to tier 9 then your average WotLabs player. So, if we look at this, the T-10, a not very historically well known tank, is both extremely popular and extremely good, if we use both the mindset of your average shitter pubby who PLAYS the thing, and your average WotLabs player who does WELL in the thing. However, the T-10 leads to a not great tier 10, unlike the T-54's two options. So, if we use your reasoning, the T-10 shouldn't be as popular as it is. 

The T-10 is a good tank for pubbies. The T-10 is in a popular line. The T-10 both follows and proceeds famous tanks. The T-10 looks cool. The T-10 leads to a tank that is also good for pubbies. My reasoning is sound. Yours doesn't quite work here - the T-10 has always been a popular tank, even when it was the mediocre IS-8 that hardly anyone here, unicums included, even paid attention to.

2 minutes ago, blackzaru said:

So you missed the entire point of the thread: Voting up tanks that have the highest potential, and voting down the tanks with the lowest potential.

Instead, you interpreted it as a popularity contest.

Nice way to prove that you aren't one.

Firstly, I never said I'm not a cunt. I am most definitely a huge cunt.

Secondly, you've missed the entire point of my argument as to why the T-54 has extremely high potential. I hate it have to reiterate it for the umpteenth time. However, since you've seemed to miss the point of it, I'll spit it out one more time for you.

There is a reason the T-54 is played as much as it is, much like the T-10. They can both have huge impacts on a game in the right hands, and they can both have huge impacts on a game in the wrong hands as well. 

With the exclusion of the Tiger, as I think we can all admit we enjoy a few rounds of that just because it feels cool to play a tank such as it, the most played tanks in a tier are the best tanks in their tier. If they weren't, even your average shitter pubby would eventually realize that and stop playing the things.

15 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

-snip-

Reason the T-54 is so popular

Spoiler

MZpxCLK.jpg

One tier 9, two tier 10s. It's going to be played twice as much as another tier 9 simply due to the fact people grind it twice.

Another reason is that the RU meds are CW viable tanks, so is the IS-7. ofcourse anyone that wants to get into clanwars is going to get them over somethings that are regarded as pub tanks (M48/E50M)

These lines have also been out longer then most other tanks. IS-7 was one of the original tier 10s, 54 was one of the original top tier mediums, more pubbies have had time to bot through these lines.

Warning: MATH.

Lets just pretend Player A averages 1k exp per game. He is going to grind the E-50 and T-54. Both have been free exped through their stock grinds (so top gun/engine/track etc).

The T-54 takes 406,000 exp to unlock the next tanks. The E-50 takes 183,010.

It takes him ~184 games in the E-50 to unlock the E-50m, vs 406 games in the T-54. He has played the T-54 2.2x more then the E-50.

It's not played more because of its potential its played more because IT HAS TO BE if you aren't free exping the tier 10s.

2 minutes ago, _Juris said:

Yes,  and just like in the tier 10 thread,  multiple purples have explained in considerable detail why they think that.  As it turns out,  we don't just think these things because we're hipsters.  Stop being needlessly thick about this. 

I was moreso pointing that argument to the fact that the 140 and 62 A were their own worst enemies as 140 drivers took points off the 62 A because it's not a 140, and vice versa. I feel as though the same thing has been happening in this thread, except for a different reason. People downvoted the T-54 because it 'wasn't the T-54 it used to be'. Not because it was the worst tank left on the list, but because people are still holding their angry grudge at WG for nerfing their previous favourite tier 9. 

Many purples also explained in considerable detail why they think the 62 A or the 140 were the best, or close to it, tier 10 tank.

4 minutes ago, Rexxie said:

The T-10 is a good tank for pubbies. The T-10 is in a popular line. The T-10 both follows and proceeds famous tanks. The T-10 looks cool. The T-10 leads to a tank that is also good for pubbies. My reasoning is sound. Yours doesn't quite work here - the T-10 has always been a popular tank, even when it was the mediocre IS-8 that hardly anyone here, unicums included, even paid attention to.

I'm not sure if it's different where you live, but hardly anyone knows what an IS (probably the most 'famous' tank in the line) is. Let alone an IS-3 and IS-7, which I didn't even know were a thing until I played this game. The T-10 looking cool is very much so based upon your own opinion. The T-10 being a good tank for pubbies is also based upon your own opinion. Even pubbies have their strengths and weaknesses. Some like heavies, some like lights. While often times we can group them as one, their preferences when it comes to tanks are one of the things that are different person to person.

While the T-10 was popular when it was the IS-8, it was nearly as popular as it is today. Because it was the IS-8. And, the IS-8 wasn't that bad. It simply didn't grab the attention of anyone because you got what you got from it. It didn't do anything super well, but it didn't have any huge issues either. A sort of jack of all trades. There was no reason to talk about it because it wasn't special. 

2 minutes ago, Gandaran said:

Reason the T-54 is so popular

Hide contents

MZpxCLK.jpg

One tier 9, two tier 10s. It's going to be played twice as much as another tier 9 simply due to the fact people grind it twice.

Another reason is that the RU meds are CW viable tanks, so is the IS-7. ofcourse anyone that wants to get into clanwars is going to get them over somethings that are regarded as pub tanks (M48/E50M)

These lines have also been out longer then most other tanks. IS-7 was one of the original tier 10s, 54 was one of the original top tier mediums, more pubbies have had time to bot through these lines.

If we look at the stats posted by someone a page or two back, the T-54 is played much more often then just 2x the M46 and E 50.

I'm not super familiar with the time it takes to bot to tier 9, but I think we can agree that there has been more then enough time for the botters to get to the E 50 and M46.

3 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

I was moreso pointing that argument to the fact that the 140 and 62 A were their own worst enemies as 140 drivers took points off the 62 A because it's not a 140, and vice versa. I feel as though the same thing has been happening in this thread, except for a different reason. People downvoted the T-54 because it 'wasn't the T-54 it used to be'. Not because it was the worst tank left on the list, but because people are still holding their angry grudge at WG for nerfing their previous favourite tier 9. 

Many purples also explained in considerable detail why they think the 62 A or the 140 were the best, or close to it, tier 10 tank.

I guess I don't agree that that's what happened here (or in the tier 10 thread).  I don't dislike the t-54, and I never played it in its heyday so I have no historical bias in that regard.  I seriously doubt that people here are down voting it because it isn't as good as it used to be.  When I voted against it recently,  I considered it the weakest tank in a list of tanks that were all quite strong (and all sitting in my garage).  You are making a large mistake by assuming that most votes here are not like mine. 

Just now, _Juris said:

I guess I don't agree that that's what happened here (or in the tier 10 thread).  I don't dislike the t-54, and I never played it in its heyday so I have no historical bias in that regard.  I seriously doubt that people here are down voting it because it isn't as good as it used to be.  When I voted against it recently,  I considered it the weakest tank in a list of tanks that were all quite strong (and all sitting in my garage).  You are making a large mistake by assuming that most votes here are not like mine. 

I worded that poorly; I never meant to mean that the T-54 was only downvoted because it isn't what it was, I meant that some of the votes (as people stated) were only because it wasn't what it was. 

There is also the whole thing to do with the mob mentality, but that's a whole different can of worms that I don't really feel like opening. Essentially, though, all it takes is one of the 'popular' people on the forums to downvote a tank for (X) reason then everyone follows suit because they looove kissing ass.

9 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

If we look at the stats posted by someone a page or two back, the T-54 is played much more often then just 2x the M46 and E 50.

I'm not super familiar with the time it takes to bot to tier 9, but I think we can agree that there has been more then enough time for the botters to get to the E 50 and M46.

Vbaddict has the T-54 at 649,020 vs the E-50 at 241,630. This comes out to the T-54 being played 2.69 times more then the E-50. My exp example isn't an exact science (people might not free exp modules, and most pubbies don't get 1k+ exp per game). It's not a large enough difference to say its being played significantly more for any other reason.

My vote against the 54 was because it wasn't what it was before, and therefore the worst tank on the list of a list of strong tanks.

Opened thread to see the status on the votes. Read multiple walls of bullshit arguing over shit that hardly matters. Think Ill check back in a few days and hopefully everyones got bored after maybe realizing that everyones going to have their own opinion and probably not change it regardless of what anyone posts 

2 minutes ago, Gandaran said:

Vbaddict has the T-54 at 649,020 vs the E-50 at 241,630. This comes out to the T-54 being played 2.69 times more then the E-50. My exp example isn't an exact science (people might not free exp modules, and most pubbies don't get 1k+ exp per game). It's not a large enough difference to say its being played significantly more for any other reason.

165,760 times more is a pretty large lead. You also base that upon every player going for both the 140 and the 62 A, which we can hopefully both agree that they don't. 

44 minutes ago, Gandaran said:

Did you do a tier 10 ranking in the ranking thread yet?

Nah, i've only started playing 10s in pubs since this January in recent years(2013-now), i still have a few tanks i've yet to play that i feel might be competitive.

Tier 9s though, i've played them all.

3 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

165,760 times more is a pretty large lead. You also base that upon every player going for both the 140 and the 62 A, which we can hopefully both agree that they don't. 

1.  It's more times, not times more, it's very different.
  2. Why wouldn't they?

9 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

There is also the whole thing to do with the mob mentality, but that's a whole different can of worms that I don't really feel like opening. Essentially, though, all it takes is one of the 'popular' people on the forums to downvote a tank for (X) reason then everyone follows suit because they looove kissing ass.

Are you just trying to be hated or you are just that dense and abrasive?

Instead of making a point by pulling data (other than "urrr durr... It's played more often"), you go around telling people did not understand what you said, and insulting them.

So, take your guess: either most of us, if not all to this point, are retarded, or there is a problem in your argumentation.

4 minutes ago, CarbonWard said:

Nah, i've only started playing 10s in pubs since this January in recent years(2013-now), i still have a few tanks i've yet to play that i feel might be competitive.

Tier 9s though, i've played them all.

Well let's see your ranking of the 9s then!