Jump to content
Rexxie

Elimination: Tier 9 - Skoda Victorious! (COMPLETE)

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, blackzaru said:
  1.  It's more times, not times more, it's very different.
  2. Why wouldn't they?

 

Are you just trying to be hated or you are just that dense and abrasive?

Instead of making a point by pulling data (other than "urrr durr... It's played more often"), you go around telling people did not understand what you said, and insulting them.

So, take your guess: either most of us, if not all to this point, are retarded, or there is a problem in your argumentation.

1. If you're going to be a grammar nazi, it's, "you go around telling people they did not understand", not "you go around telling people did not understand". 

2. Because to a pubby 1 degree of gun depression or a thicker turret doesn't warrant playing a tank for 2x as long. 140 and 62 A are essentially the same tank in the hands of a pubby anyways. What's the point of having 2?

So your reasoning for hating someone is based upon whether or not you agree on things? Pretty shitty way to live your life, but to each their own. You also said a neg of my argument is insulting them, directly after insulting me. Jeez man, get yourself in order. 

I made a point by pulling data and using common sense to know that people do things for logical reasons. You take the shortest drive to work because that's the easiest and quickest way to get to work. You play a good tank because it's, believe it or not, a good tank. You don't go to the road that you know always has traffic on it, unless you like traffic, you go to the road that will get you there quickest. You don't play the least played tank expecting it to be good, you play the most played tank because it's the most played tank for a reason.

Yes, obviously there is some flaws in my argument based upon things like russian bias, historical 'coolness' etc etc but the base logic of it is there.

And I only called the guy a cunt because he was indeed being a cunt.  Don't be a grammar nazi if you don't know how do words good yourself. :)

Also, in case it wasn't obvious, the stuff underlined was intentional. 

P.S I never said people didn't understand what I said, I said I failed to explain my thought process thoroughly. The flubs have been my fault so far, not someone else misunderstanding me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

1. If you're going to be a grammar nazi, it's, "you go around telling people they did not understand", not "you go around telling people did not understand". 

Sorry, English is my third language, so yeah, sometimes I can sound funny, and I wasn't being a grammar nazi, since 1) it's syntax, not grammar, 2) I was pointing the mathematical flaw where instead of pointing out an addition, the way you phrased it meant a multiplication, which is kind of a big difference.

6 minutes ago, KenyanWarlord said:

So your reasoning for hating someone is based upon whether or not you agree on things? Pretty shitty way to live your life, but to each their own. You also said a neg of my argument is insulting them, directly after insulting me. Jeez man, get yourself in order. 

I'm not hating you, I'm just saying that instead of pulling a proper argumentation, you are throwing insults (or insinuating stuff, however you want to phrase it) and being abrasive, which, you are literally doing again. Like, literally, instead of toning it down, you go and tell me that I live my life in a pretty shitty way.

 

This is not the main forum, where every pub is dumber than the other, this is actually the forum (at least as far as I know) with the highest concentration of skilled and knowledgeable people about wot (and other games in general). So going around trying to disprove everyone with one, not very strong, argument around here is not going to really make it through. Especially if you take the path you just took the last few pages and start sperging.

Now, from this point, and until you get a little hang back over your ability to post without acting this way, please refrain from posting. so far this thread was having arguments, but at least, they were thought-out and somewhat civilized. Lets keep it that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blackzaru said:

Sorry, English is my third language, so yeah, sometimes I can sound funny, and I wasn't being a grammar nazi, since 1) it's syntax, not grammar, 2) I was pointing the mathematical flaw where instead of pointing out an addition, the way you phrased it meant a multiplication, which is kind of a big difference.

If English isn't your first language, don't correct peoples use of it. In popular culture, it's acceptable to say 'times more' or 'more times' as people are generally smart enough to understand, with context, what was meant.

2 minutes ago, blackzaru said:

I'm not hating you, I'm just saying that instead of pulling a proper argumentation, you are throwing insults (or insinuating stuff, however you want to phrase it) and being abrasive, which, you are literally doing again. Like, literally, instead of toning it down, you go and tell me that I live my life in a pretty shitty way.

I can't be bothered to read exactly what you put, but it was something along the lines of, "if you want to be hated", which would insinuate that you do indeed hate me, otherwise you'd have no reason to be the first person to mention hating me. Living a life where you hate everyone who disagrees with you is living life in a shitty way, period. You can disagree with me on many things that are based upon opinion, but this is one thing that I am indeed right about. Living a life of hate is a shitty life.

 

4 minutes ago, blackzaru said:

Now, from this point, and until you get a little hang back over your ability to post without acting this way, please refrain from posting. so far this thread was having arguments, but at least, they were thought-out and somewhat civilized. Lets keep it that way.

No thanks dad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

tumblr_mz18v0g8ga1rflq7lo1_250.gif

 

 

Now, to go back on an interesting subject:

T10 vs WZ:

Is the T10 that good? I had sold my IS-8 without ever thinking about it twice, and I am thinking about buying the T10, but I already have the WZ. Is it a huge improvement or just some slightly better stuff here and there that makes for a better tank overall?

 

 

Also: the list, so people don't have to look for it.

 

WZ 111 1-4: 30

Skoda T 50 : 49

Conqueror 25

M46 Patton: 34

T-10: 48

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blackzaru said:

Now, to go back on an interesting subject:

T10 vs WZ:

Is the T10 that good? I had sold my IS-8 without ever thinking about it twice, and I am thinking about buying the T10, but I already have the WZ. Is it a huge improvement or just some slightly better stuff here and there that makes for a better tank overall?

The mobility may be slightly better with the T-10, but only marginally so. Turret of WZ is slightly better, hull of T-10 is a little better as well as narrower, so T-10 is more resistant to arty and a little harder to hit/pen.

The most significant difference is the gun. The T-10 has a good AP round, more dpm, better aim time, accuracy and better turret dispersion in exchange for alpha. Its not a huge difference, but its significant.

Whether those differences are enough to make it the better tank... I couldn't say for sure. But they're certainly comparable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cunicularius said:

Yup... cause that's a *big* deal... 6_6

We are splitting hairs here...you started first:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Look, I think the T-54 is the best. But not because Of popularity, my opinion is based on actual performance.

 

i will say this though: I have not played the M46 patton (I have it researched and will buy it at some point) and I have only played the E-50 on other accounts, not my own. So, I will adnit my opinion could change as to which is best. i also will not deny that all 3 of them are really good tanks.

So, the reason I think the T-54 is the best is versatility. Being able to do everything you need it to, the M46 patton doesnt have enough armour, and the E50 doesnt have enough camo,  and is huge, and is sluggish.

The T-54 can do everything you need it to. You can camo snipe, you can Brawl, you can scout, you can out DPM enemies, you support. You can play agressive, you can fight heavies, you can bully lights, you can hull down.

The E-50 and Patton can do a number of all those things each, but neither of them can do ALL of them well. The T-54 can. The patton cant brawl (I cant remember how much its accuracy was buffed but if it wasnt much its not great at sniping either) the E-50 can't camo snipe properly. neither the E50 or Patton can hull down well because both their turrets are terrible.

Imagine, if you were randonly put into a 7-10 carry situation, on say 1/3hp on a random, undefined map (where thw game was still perfectly winnable) Which tabk would you want to choose out of the 3? The T-54 would be my choice because of its versatility.

Anyway, thats my personal opinion. Obviously others are different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

So, the reason I think the T-54 is the best is versatility. Being able to do everything you need it to, the M46 patton doesnt have enough armour, and the E50 doesnt have enough camo,  and is huge, and is sluggish DOESN'T HAVE HEAT.

fixd

Link to post
Share on other sites

330 HEAT> 270 APCR for sniping. After 300 m you are left with a very bad penetration...Best usage of APCR in E 50 is for brawling/mid range and hitting weakspots...Could have use a standard round except for velocity. Tracks fuck up heat, and is slower, but no pen drop is a big deal, and 330 gives you a good chance against Super heavies. Also, HEAT trajectory lands on IS-7 pike a little better.:awyeah:

. E 50 has that crazy acc...but patton has low pen APCR and worse final acc...not a Chai tank...

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, blackzaru said:

T10 vs WZ:

Is the T10 that good? I had sold my IS-8 without ever thinking about it twice, and I am thinking about buying the T10, but I already have the WZ. Is it a huge improvement or just some slightly better stuff here and there that makes for a better tank overall?

The latter, I think. The WZ's gun is a little derpier and the mobility fractionally worse. The T-10's armour is a bit better in practice: They're dead level on VBaddict's armour efficiency table but the T-10 has much worse players.

The turrets are both very good and there's not much to choose between the UFPs. Main differences would be lower plate (T-10's is much better) and side armour (T-10 has a much lower proportion of flat 80mm).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RichardNixon said:

The latter, I think. The WZ's gun is a little derpier and the mobility fractionally worse. The T-10's armour is a bit better in practice: They're dead level on VBaddict's armour efficiency table but the T-10 has much worse players.

The turrets are both very good and there's not much to choose between the UFPs. Main differences would be lower plate (T-10's is much better) and side armour (T-10 has a much lower proportion of flat 80mm).

Basically coming down to a straight upgrade regarding almost everything minus 50 alpha if you were to go for the T-10 instead of the WZ I'm assuming. 

I cannot understand why the WZ feels so good but the T-10 does not :look: 

 

Also can someone put the crybaby on top here on a mandatory vacation? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

WZ 111 1-4: 30

Skoda T 50 : 49

Conqueror 25

M46 Patton: 34

T-10: 48

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Felicius said:

330 HEAT> 270 APCR for sniping. After 300 m you are left with a very bad penetration...

At 300m, it still has the same penetration as the Batchat from point blank range

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KenyanWarlord said:

There is a reason the T-54 is played as much as it is, much like the T-10. They can both have huge impacts on a game in the right hands, and they can both have huge impacts on a game in the wrong hands as well. 

With the exclusion of the Tiger, as I think we can all admit we enjoy a few rounds of that just because it feels cool to play a tank such as it, the most played tanks in a tier are the best tanks in their tier. If they weren't, even your average shitter pubby would eventually realize that and stop playing the things.

You are totally wrong in every single post you make, and yet you still persist. Amazing.

According to Vbaddict, IS-3 and T-10 are the only ones that match your claim. On every other tier the most played tank is not the best performing one. And IS-3 was most played even when it wasn't so obviously OP.

And what's wrong with the Tiger?  It shits on every tier 7 medium and td, wins more than Bulldog because of MM, and stomps T29 in just about everything except turret armor. It has a legitimate claim for the tier 7 crown.

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

 Look, I think the T-54 is the best. But not because Of popularity, my opinion is based on actual performance.

 

i will say this though: I have not played the M46 patton (I have it researched and will buy it at some point) and I have only played the E-50 on other accounts, not my own. So, I will adnit my opinion could change as to which is best. i also will not deny that all 3 of them are really good tanks.

So, the reason I think the T-54 is the best is versatility. Being able to do everything you need it to, the M46 patton doesnt have enough armour, and the E50 doesnt have enough camo,  and is huge, and is sluggish.

The T-54 can do everything you need it to. You can camo snipe, you can Brawl, you can scout, you can out DPM enemies, you support. You can play agressive, you can fight heavies, you can bully lights, you can hull down.

The E-50 and Patton can do a number of all those things each, but neither of them can do ALL of them well. The T-54 can. The patton cant brawl (I cant remember how much its accuracy was buffed but if it wasnt much its not great at sniping either) the E-50 can't camo snipe properly. neither the E50 or Patton can hull down well because both their turrets are terrible.

Imagine, if you were randonly put into a 7-10 carry situation, on say 1/3hp on a random, undefined map (where thw game was still perfectly winnable) Which tabk would you want to choose out of the 3? The T-54 would be my choice because of its versatility.

Anyway, thats my personal opinion. Obviously others are different.

And what's so special about that? 430v2 does it all, and does it better. It camo snipes better, brawls better, scouts better, DPMs better, supports better, can be more aggresive, can sub for heavies better, can bully better, can hull down better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bobi_Kreeg said:

And what's so special about that? 430v2 does it all, and does it better. It camo snipes better, brawls better, scouts better, DPMs better, supports better, can be more aggresive, can sub for heavies better, can bully better, can hull down better.

except its so horribly awkward to play because of its rear turret. and it can't play hills worth a damn.  not being able to play hills alone is a deal breaker for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Felicius said:

. E 50 has that crazy acc...but patton has low pen APCR and worse final acc...not a Chai tank...

1

I have to say that I snipe better in a M46, because at 300-400m a lot of times you don't really fully aim.

(and somehow i tend to hit more snapshots than fully aimed shots.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For the T-10 vs WZ debate.

The only difference is the T-10's gun is slightly less derpy in exchange for lower alpha.

Beyond that i cant find a difference beyond perhaps the T-10 getting a few more lucky bounces here and there. They are the exact same tank effectively. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

WZ 111 1-4: 30

Skoda T 50 : 49

Conqueror 22 - Good tank, but the other 4 left are great tanks.  The degree to which you are arty bait is probably the biggest reason it's held back relative to these.

M46 Patton: 34

T-10: 49 - All-around wonderful tank with more staying power for carries than the Skoda, the only real competitor IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

WZ 111 1-4: 30

Skoda T 50 : 50   I still believe it is the new king of tier 9s. At least, until it gets the nerf hammer.

Conqueror 19   Even if its gun is just about the closest thing to a laser for a heavy tank, and even though it's turret is pretty solid now, it is a situational tank, yes it can hull down and control an area, but, when moving around, it's hull is just a big "pen me anywhere" target. I hate having to neg it, but all the tanks left are just good, and I feel like it's slightly less good than the others.

M46 Patton: 34

T-10: 49

Link to post
Share on other sites

WZ 111 1-4: 30

Skoda T 50 : 50  

Conqueror: 16

T-10: 50

M46 Patton: 34

I've not played the Skoda, and the three aside from that I'd say the T10 is at the top followed by the 1-4 and Patton with the Conq bringing up the rear.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...