2 hours ago, leggasiini said:

I thought that they are making full med line and then tier 7 med can branch of into either tier 8 med or minibranch of HTs, starting off at tier 8 HT?

It would be interesting if they made Strv 103s mediums. They were still MBTs afterall, and still more a medium tank than TD (like ELC was more a TD than LT but still intented to be as LT). We would get something unique along tier 10 mediums. Also i think there is still possibility of making TD branch anyway.

also links are broken

All the links work for me. I can try uploading them to imgur shortly.

As for the med line.

The tier 7 is likely to be the Lansen project, with a medium velocity 105mm with around 162 pen, lots of speed, no armor and good depression. As far as I know this lead to the tier 8 heavy. 

In theory, they could split the line at tier 8 and have both high tiers mediums and heavies, but WG seems against line splitting unless its a Russian tier 10 medium. I currently don't know what will happen either way, but I think 2 lines from the 1 line is unlikely at this point. That would be however nice as we would get 3 tier 10s. 

Strv 103 is confirmed to be a TD in old Q&As, as much as it being a defensive tank is a myth. If they can get hydraulic suspension to work I have no doubts it will be in the initial patch because it is very iconic and unique.  I think it being a TD comes down to the traverse and DPM the tank has. Not medium-esque. Just ask the Grant / Lee. 

On 5/20/2016 at 0:47 PM, Panzer_Fenris said:

sweden-s01_strv_74_a2_1.jpg?w=656

I would have guessed this to be the regular premium vehicle that is always released before a new nation, but the choice of two guns seems to contradict that. I really hope this was not selected as a regular tier 6 with the other options that are available.

A premium with gun options would actually be interesting. Just to note in WOWs I think a few of the premium TDs have different torpedo options to chose from. 

1 hour ago, rolfwar said:

So, no high tier mediums? :feelsbad:

Its unlikely, not impossible. If WG was practical it would happen. Extra tier 8-10 on a line means way more income.

Remember, I'm looking at this from a "Here are the tanks" perspective. I have no supertest knowledge. My word is therefore not 100% trustworthy. 

Lansen is such a sexy little tank. Like a T-25 that lost weight and got hot.

On 23/05/2016 at 6:06 AM, Stridsvagn 74 said:

All the links work for me. I can try uploading them to imgur shortly.

As for the med line.

The tier 7 is likely to be the Lansen project, with a medium velocity 105mm with around 162 pen, lots of speed, no armor and good depression. As far as I know this lead to the tier 8 heavy. 

In theory, they could split the line at tier 8 and have both high tiers mediums and heavies, but WG seems against line splitting unless its a Russian tier 10 medium. I currently don't know what will happen either way, but I think 2 lines from the 1 line is unlikely at this point. That would be however nice as we would get 3 tier 10s. 

Strv 103 is confirmed to be a TD in old Q&As, as much as it being a defensive tank is a myth. If they can get hydraulic suspension to work I have no doubts it will be in the initial patch because it is very iconic and unique.  I think it being a TD comes down to the traverse and DPM the tank has. Not medium-esque. Just ask the Grant / Lee. 

I didn't remember they've said anything about 103 as TD...

What I realise is 3x overmatch problems.

6 hours ago, lt_lolcat said:

Just saw this great write up of the s-tank.  It's long, but well worth the read-

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/4fj5ow/what_factors_led_to_the_design_and_deployment_of/d29mf0b

Can confirm, Ren worked with Sp15 to pull docs from the Swedish archives. You will find that it is a small world :)

6 hours ago, lt_lolcat said:

Just saw this great write up of the s-tank.  It's long, but well worth the read-

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/4fj5ow/what_factors_led_to_the_design_and_deployment_of/d29mf0b

Its actually a nice looking tank, but it might be an issue if they do choose it, as the tier 8 light is intended to be the heavier Lansen... I kinda doubt that it will happen that way. 

2 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

I didn't remember they've said anything about 103 as TD...

What I realise is 3x overmatch problems.

3x overmatch problems really are an issue, as Strv 103 could bounce 105mm APDS and HEAT like on tier 10 meds no problem. I doubt it could even with a cancelled overmatch in game (220 LoS IIRC)

I remember a quote about it as a TD but I currently have no citation. 

59 minutes ago, Stridsvagn 74 said:

Can confirm, Ren worked with Sp15 to pull docs from the Swedish archives. You will find that it is a small world :)

Its actually a nice looking tank, but it might be an issue if they do choose it, as the tier 8 light is intended to be the heavier Lansen... I kinda doubt that it will happen that way. 

3x overmatch problems really are an issue, as Strv 103 could bounce 105mm APDS and HEAT like on tier 10 meds no problem. I doubt it could even with a cancelled overmatch in game (220 LoS IIRC)

I remember a quote about it as a TD but I currently have no citation. 

If FTR is correct the hull has 40 ? At 78 deg only has ±192mm effective thickness without normalisation. And I think HEAT auto bounce at 85 deg ? That's not good.

Similar fashion to Chieftain's UFP in the game, rely on auto bounce angle which is nice to KE but still be buttered by HEAT

5 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

If FTR is correct the hull has 40 ? At 78 deg only has ±192mm effective thickness without normalisation. And I think HEAT auto bounce at 85 deg ? That's not good.

Similar fashion to Chieftain's UFP in the game, rely on auto bounce angle which is nice to KE but still be buttered by HEAT

mh00UVB.jpg

Shells IRL have anti-normalization, in wot they have normalization. Thats why it could bounce 105mm. In-game, either they buff it like VK Auf. B (A LOT past realityt or its total trash. 

Just now, Stridsvagn 74 said:

mh00UVB.jpg

Shells IRL have anti-normalization, in wot they have normalization. Thats why it could bounce 105mm. In-game, either they buff it like VK Auf. B (A LOT past realityt or its total trash. 

If they take APDS sliding effect into account, T-54s are going to be monsters:eww:

4 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

If they take APDS sliding effect into account, T-54s are going to be monsters:eww:

The thing is, pen would also get massively buffed, so the T-54 hull would be super strong, but the turret could be penned by... about 20 Pdr- level guns in-game and above. 

I wrote an article on it. 

http://armoredtalk.com/2015/12/14/going-ballistic/

Anyways, we should get back to the topic.

I wonder if Swedish tanks will survive in this meta, as paper armored medium speed  tanks with lots of gun depression... have no place. Maps are way flatter, with no bushes and sightlines, compared to 2 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Stridsvagn 74 said:

The thing is, pen would also get massively buffed, so the T-54 hull would besuper strong, but the turret could be penned by... about 20 Pdr- level guns in-game and above. 

Time to bring APFSDS:popcorn:

Swedes will come this year, they will have a unique top tier tank;

Odd. 

"A" Unique top tier tank implies 1 tank, but maybe there is another tier 10 that is not unique? Therefore one unique one not-unique tier 10 tank?

They did mention that they are bringing MTs and HTs early on. This would basically mean that Strv 103 is tier X medium, and it would be definely very very unique for tier X medium. The Kranvagn is very much like 50b after all (major differences: -12 depression, different armaments, smaller and slightly slower i think) and while i think it would be really interesting and cool addition aswell i dont think its the "unique" tank they are mentioning. There would be no tank like Strv 103 at tier 10. Closest comparable tank i can think off is probably E-25, and even then they are quite different.

On 5/28/2016 at 2:46 PM, Stridsvagn 74 said:

Swedes will come this year, they will have a unique top tier tank;

Odd. 

"A" Unique top tier tank implies 1 tank, but maybe there is another tier 10 that is not unique? Therefore one unique one not-unique tier 10 tank?

Rita's translation has it in plural

19 hours ago, Legiondude said:

Rita's translation has it in plural

Nah, I checked the russian source. He was talking about a single branch.

Swedish tanks are reconfirmed for this year and I would wager my account and some extra gold that they are planning a Strv 103 and Kranvagn as the top tiers. It's basically certain in some circles. 

у них будет уникальный и своеобразный ТОП 

Found this on some russian page

Imo, because of  "unique and un-usual TOP" it seems that he means all of Tier 10 tanks in SWE tree.

36 minutes ago, Stridsvagn 74 said:

Well, Strv 103 is now confirmed by the museum. No great shock... but I still wonder if they are doing a TD line with a Med to Heavy line.

I still think that 103 is going to be just tier X medium. We have turretted sky cancer and TDs so why not non-turret medium?

GUYS THE TRUTH IS THAT ITS JUST THE REVENGE OF M3 LEE AT TIER 10!!!!!!!!!! 

2 hours ago, leggasiini said:

I still think that 103 is going to be just tier X medium. We have turretted sky cancer and TDs so why not non-turret medium?

GUYS THE TRUTH IS THAT ITS JUST THE REVENGE OF M3 LEE AT TIER 10!!!!!!!!!! 

All sinners repent! :no:

Why does it matter that the Strv is a TD or a medium ? We already have TD's that play like heavy's why not TD that play like medium ? For me what is important is the gameplay that you will be able to pull out of the tank. What i am also mostly interested in, is how they are going to implement the gun elevevation.

49 minutes ago, DHP said:

Why does it matter that the Strv is a TD or a medium ? We already have TD's that play like heavy's why not TD that play like medium ? For me what is important is the gameplay that you will be able to pull out of the tank. What i am also mostly interested in, is how they are going to implement the gun elevevation.

Because it has 0/0 horizontal gun arc, 40mm UFP.

Lateral aiming is done by turning the hull.:fish:
Like holding your mouse2 in a SU-101

Strv74 correct me if im wrong