The S-tanks armor could be "rigged" a little to make it work. Tests they did showed that those horizontal slits across the front glacis increased the effective thickness of the armor by quite a lot, so you could always just make it 50 or 60 mm thick to represent that. It was a tough as nails SoB.

As for the mechanics for why they work, I imagine they snap off and slide away as rounds strike them, thus preventing a good area for the rounds to dig in and "normalize".

Also, sp15 has given some relatively recent suggestions for the lines that might be worth checking out. Keep in mind, this is only what could be, not what WG is likely to actually do.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/284927-european-tank-discussion/page__st__1400__pid__10243840#entry10243840

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/284927-european-tank-discussion/page__st__1360__pid__9944571#entry9944571

3 hours ago, Panzer_Fenris said:

The S-tanks armor could be "rigged" a little to make it work. Tests they did showed that those horizontal slits across the front glacis increased the effective thickness of the armor by quite a lot, so you could always just make it 50 or 60 mm thick to represent that. It was a tough as nails SoB.

Yep. It could work, especially with unhistorical M103 changes, etc.

As for the mechanics for why they work, I imagine they snap off and slide away as rounds strike them, thus preventing a good area for the rounds to dig in and "normalize".

Precisely

4 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

Strv74 correct me if im wrong

You are not wrong. However, its a bit harder to hit than SU101 (oh joy, OPOP)

It COULD be noted that, like AMX-30B, the Strv 103 should go as fast backwards as forwards, which could be unique. The DPM is still (390*15) according to historical RoF, so it ending up as a TD would not be surprising.

https://i.imgur.com/AgXBtDa.jpg

I would count on the line on the left happening. 100%

I still see it as medium, because:

- med line leading to tier 9/10 TD(s) would be...silly, tho we do have such cases

- by its role its still comparable to medium tank

- even if STank would be med iirc there is still possibility to make full TD line

- WG always brings med line (and sometimes HT line along with it) when new tree gets released

Im looking forward to Kranvagn alot tho. I would be happy if it happened this year.

L60, regular tier2, is on supertest bois:

13692865_1160114744059167_17313746471017

Tier: 2
HP: 180
Max speed: 45 / 20 km / h
Hull turning speed: 45 °/s
Turret turning speed: 44 °/s
View range: 280 m

Alpha Damage: 12
Penetration: 27 mm
Reload time: 5 s
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,48
Aiming time: 1,8 s

Surprised that they havent shown us yet how the branch(es) will look like... But yeah they are indeed coming this year it seems!

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/07/15/supertest-l60-preliminary-stats/

Fun fact, the L-60 is the only tier 2 that stayed in service until the 21st century; http://fuerzasmildom.blogspot.com/2006/01/landsverk-strv-m38-l-60.html

Also, one of the only tanks ever used in combat in the western hemisphere; https://warisboring.com/in-1965-u-s-and-dominican-tanks-fought-brief-violent-skirmishes-f206040e66b3#.a2ek7vqax

The most-thinly documented incident is a reported exchange of fire between a massively outgunned L-60 and a Marine Patton tank. The eight-ton L-60, armed with a 37-millimeter gun, could hardly have dented the armor of the 50-ton Patton. The same cannot be said for the Patton’s 90-millimeter cannon, which “disintegrated” the smaller vehicle.

L60 looks like a 6.5/10.  It's slightly less accurate than the more common, non-premium autocannon tanks and has great mobility like the American tanks, though not with as much speed.  The fast reload will give it the greatest DPM for an autocannon in the tier by a significant margin.  What holds it back is a significant lack of armor and penetration that's about on par if not worse than the premium tank autocannons.  Only way I see it getting much worse is if it's given a small ammo capacity.  Anything below 300 is cause for concern.

Closest comparison would be a slower American M2 without the armor, but a slightly faster reload and bigger clip.  Should play more like a T7 that doesn't have to leave the fight for half a minute during every reload.

It's certainly a good tank and fits into the meta really well, but a lack of armor and lack of penetration is going to leave it open to a lot of no-win situations.

As far as tier 2 premiums it's better than the IID so its fine. I expect the tech tree version to be called Strv m/38 and to be a bit better.

The tier 3 version of this should be a bit faster, have no more armor, but a 30mm cannon (maybe like the Luchs but single shot?) and -14 depression. Should be fun.

Also: Is there any way to get a Swedish section before the tanks go live? CZ took a while, way after the end of the test server and patch IIRC. I want to give people the glory of the Swedish tier 1. At least it's not a Renault FT again.

3 hours ago, karl0ssus1 said:

Whippet with a turret? 

Stridsvagn M/21, possibly including the M29 upgrade. It's a Swedish take on the german Leichter Kampfwagen II.

Sam speaking about the upcoming tier 6 swedish premium : 

starts at 6.30 for swedish. No more autoloader ?? 

I had a really interesting brainwave. I think the Swedish tier 8-10 heavies will be mediums.

1. We know they were only the size of T-44, at least the tier 8 one, and they have poor armor tier for tier.

2. They could fit 105mm, 120mm or 145mm autoloading guns. 105mm or 120mm would work on an autoloading medium at those tiers.

3. There has been no released premium heavy, not even the possible Kranvagn with Centurion turret. 

4. Why would they change the line completely with tier 1-7 Light / Med then tier 8-10 heavy?

1 hour ago, Stridsvagn 74 said:

I had a really interesting brainwave. I think the Swedish tier 8-10 heavies will be mediums.

1. We know they were only the size of T-44, at least the tier 8 one, and they have poor armor tier for tier.

2. They could fit 105mm, 120mm or 145mm autoloading guns. 105mm or 120mm would work on an autoloading medium at those tiers.

3. There has been no released premium heavy, not even the possible Kranvagn with Centurion turret. 

4. Why would they change the line completely with tier 1-7 Light / Med then tier 8-10 heavy?

You gotta however keep on mind that the Strv 103 is more or less confirmed to come. I honestly somewhat doubt that its going to be TD either, since no turret doesnt instantly mean its TD (by role its MBT, and from armament, armament and armor fits medium tank best), and Sweden has actual TDs that could make a line up to tier 10. Not to mention they have already said in one of their Q/As that Swedish tree will have medium and (mini) heavy line.

What im expecting is just light/med line until tier 7, which can lead to either med line (tier 8 and 9 having Strv 103 prototype/concept designs, while tier 10 has Strv 103 itself or some variant of it. The Swedish centurion could also be at tier 8 ) or heavy line (with 3 design stages of Kranvagn at tier 8, 9 and 10).

I dont think that lack of prem heavy is reason to not have heavy line. I mean, China didnt have premium heavy until almost year after release of tree, and which has been removed from the tree later on. It took 4 and half years for USA to get prem TD, and even that is not (yet) obtainable in-game tech tree.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 11:49 AM, leggasiini said:
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 11:49 AM, leggasiini said:

You gotta however keep on mind that the Strv 103 is more or less confirmed to come. I honestly somewhat doubt that its going to be TD either, since no turret doesnt instantly mean its TD

This assumes that Wargaming has a brain. You know, the same people who think AT-8 and Hellcat should be the same class and tier.

1 minute ago, no_name_cro said:

Am I the only one here who thinks for Swedish crew voices they should record voices of @Kolni, @CoolOff or some other guys from here who know Swedish? :doge: 

Nonsense. Ideal voice actor already found.

On 07/08/2016 at 7:48 PM, Stridsvagn 74 said:

145mm autoloading guns.

145mm autoloader that would be a first :drunk:

Wait no... Someone made a 155 autoloader already... :frenchy:

We all know the 145 wont happen. I hope. Just in the same way I hope we never see 14x155mm clips of Swedish nonturreted artillery raining down for 42 seconds with a 3.5 minute reload. 

2 hours ago, Kolni said:

I think this might come with regular new years patch after the campaign, farming enough gold to freeXP the entire line :kreygasm: 

There might be two lines :doge:

Am i really only one who is most hyped for Kranvagn? Basically Swedish 50B with -12 depression and much lower hull. Who doesnt want that?

1 minute ago, leggasiini said:

There might be two lines :doge:

Am i really only one who is most hyped for Kranvagn? Basically Swedish 50B with -12 depression and much lower hull. Who doesnt want that?

I'd want a 50B with all hull since it's literally the best hull in the game :minglee: