Sign in to follow this  
BiggieD61

New TK punishments for Warships looks strong

This news comes in from the Armored Patrol report, not a direct statement from WG, but it is supposedly from an NA dev.

We realize that some folks need that extra “incentive” to improve their behavior. For April, we generated a list of everyone on the server who did any teamkill damage during the month. Players will now begin to receive consequences for appearing on this list. The April list showed 2,343 accounts did some amount of ally damage.

We want to be fair here, and not penalize people for making actual mistakes, or even losing their cool and turning to fire on an ally just that one time on a bad day. In order to receive some sort of consequence, you have to have played at least 10 battles for the month, and have at least 5 TK’s.

Everyone who did TK damage in less than 10% of their battles will receive a warning. Maybe you were learning how to use torpedoes, or just had several unlucky games – we’re giving you the benefit of the doubt.

If you did TK damage in 11% or more of your battles, that signals a problem. Depending on what percentage range you fall into, you will receive a 3, 7, or 14 day ban based on April’s results. Anyone who did team damage in the large majority of their battles will be permabanned, and we won’t be accepting appeals for these. There is simply no valid excuse for that much team damage.

Source

Wargaming Forum Original ( ty F22 :) )

Edit: Due to the endless parade of poop posting on the official forums, I rarely see content like this unless it is filtered by a third party.  Thanks to F22 for the original link.

Nyx's final post in that thread was quite informative:

No appeals was only in reference to folks who are team killing in the majority of their battles. The player at the top of the list had 200 games and 201 tk's in a span of 11 days. I didn't think twice about banning that account without the possibility of an appeal. There is nothing that could be said that would cause me to reopen that account. Someone else who had 11 battles and 6 tk's - yes those numbers are bad but was it a brand new player who just discovered torpedoes? Our warning messages will actually include a guide on how to use torps. 

I think what everyone should try to keep in my mind is that we're not trying to just get rid of players who make mistakes. We're talking about habitual and severe team killers being the ones who end up permabanned. I think folks are very focused on specific edge case scenarios which in the end would probably at the worst lead to being sent a warning with a guide on using torps better. Your not going to end up with the severe penalties unless you are actively trying to. Pretty sure the person with 201 tk's spent quite a bit of effort to get these. 

11 minutes ago, UglyBigD said:

As long as it doesn't punish me for righteously sinking the mofo who ran into me 3 times in 3 minutes, good.

That sounds like it will turn you pink, but is unlikely to earn a ban - they are looking for habitual offenders, not rookie errors or momentary lapses of sanity.

Btw, I am not accusing you of insanity, just a momentary lack of sanity - ;-)