How_Terrible

Illegal mods now get you sent to the brig

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/80553-illegal-mods-and-consequences/

From Nyx:

Good day, Commanders,

Please take a moment to read this message, it’s actually quite important!

We’re happy to inform you that we’ve taken another step in our struggle against unwanted exploiting of our game mechanics through client modifications and outright cheats. A group of players was banned earlier today. These players have been identified by us as using forbidden modifications, including aim assist mods.

These players have been banned for 7 days. After this punishment is over, they will be unbanned and receive amnesty. However, should a player be caught by the system a second time, the game ban applied to his/her account will be permanent.

Please don’t ask us about the details of the system’s operation – we won’t tell!

At this point, we would like to remind everyone that cheating sucks. Cheating only makes someone appear to be good at the game, it doesn't actually make them good at the game, and it lessens everyone else's enjoyment. If you’ve been using such modifications and were not caught this time, or have been considering using them, please stop now. You will end up losing your account entirely by continuing to use these.

I also want to stress that we are now and will continue to take steps to improve gameplay and fairness for everyone. I know some folks disagreed with the TK bans. I know some folks will also disagree with these bans.

BUT - The majority of our players have expressed disappointment that we have not taken action against these blatant offenses in the past. We wish to work towards improving that, and NOT disappointing our players in this manner. I don't think what we are asking is unreasonable. We're simply asking that you do not take actions that inherently cause other players to be unhappy. Everyone has the right to play a game without another player ruining their experience.

Please feel free to ask questions or give feedback in this thread. If you have been affected by this or the TK ban, and don't feel that it has adequately been explained to you, please send a support ticket. Feel free to even mark my name on it, and I will instruct the other folks in support to send them to me, if they have my name on them. Most of you know that I've been around awhile, and I think of myself as pretty fair and pretty responsive to the needs of the community. If you feel that you got the short end of the stick, I am happy to look in detail at it, to ensure it was done correctly.

Action Stations!

2 hours ago, How_Terrible said:

Everyone has the right to play a game without another player ruining their experience.

Spoiler

*artillery*

though its good they are taking action. Hey Gaijin, learn how to deal with this instead of shoving your fingers in your ears and pretending they don't exist

2 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:
  Hide contents

*artillery*

though its good they are taking action. Hey Gaijin, learn how to deal with this instead of shoving your fingers in your ears and pretending they don't exist

I'm almost certain that this thread isn't about the game you think it is.

3 hours ago, Mami_Momoe said:

Doesn't Aslain's pack include some arty mod that shows you what you're hitting in like a 2.5d perspective? Is that seriously allowed lol.

It was rated by WG RU themselves to be the best player-created mod that year (Battle Assistant IIRC)... so yeah it's allowed .-.

1 hour ago, Flametz said:

It was rated by WG RU themselves to be the best player-created mod that year (Battle Assistant IIRC)... so yeah it's allowed .-.

Battle Assistant is pretty overrated. It can be useful but it has about as many cons as it does pros.

3 hours ago, Jarkorsis said:

Battle Assistant is kind of implemented in WOWS. That is the spotter plane view. That is pretty close to the arty mod. 

i cant stand spotter plane view... i always seem to over shot. kinda useless anyways, only have it because i can equip nothing else

BTW, would not be surprise if this was done partly in response to the gaijin fuck up with the Phlydaily video which showed cheats and their fucking retarded poll

3 hours ago, Flametz said:

32 minutes ago, Jarkorsis said:

Battle Assistant is kind of implemented in WOWS. That is the spotter plane view. That is pretty close to the arty mod. 

This is the first I've heard of this mod existing since beta.  People have asked about it repeatedly on the official forums and the answer has always been "that existed in beta, but doesn't work anymore".  Do you have a source or a link showing that this is still a thing?

EDIT:  I even opened up my 2-day old download of Aslain's and don't see it in there.