How_Terrible

Illegal mods now get you sent to the brig

52 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

i cant stand spotter plane view... i always seem to over shot. kinda useless anyways, only have it because i can equip nothing else

BTW, would not be surprise if this was done partly in response to the gaijin fuck up with the Phlydaily video which showed cheats and their fucking retarded poll

I love my spotter plane on the Warspite. Citadeling broadside Fusos from 19km right after the battle started on small maps is priceless :)

Those Fusos are always first to be spotted and think they are safe :)

I even use the premium plane for less cooldown.

7 minutes ago, bathoz said:

Tanks, Mesrith. Tanks. For arty.

Aside from this being in the WoWS forum, I specifically quoted a guy referencing Ships.  There used to be an always-on Spotter Plane view mod back in beta, and assumed that's what he was talking about since that was what he said.

Sorry for the confusion.  Oh well.  In about 3 weeks there might be enough WoT topics to bump this one off of the scrolling list on the right and we can have our forum back.

Honestly, I find the spotter plane annoying, i find its much more difficult to aim. It only really helps when shooting over islands. The extra range is pretty useless, as you only get 1 good salvo after getting your lead. Personally, I would always take a fighter over a spotter.

1 hour ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

Honestly, I find the spotter plane annoying, i find its much more difficult to aim. It only really helps when shooting over islands. The extra range is pretty useless, as you only get 1 good salvo after getting your lead. Personally, I would always take a fighter over a spotter.

Which one I take, if there is an option, depends on the ship. It scout is more useful for some ships then others. For example I usually have the scout on my Amagi since it can do with the extra range, but I don't usually use the fighter on the Yamato because it already has stupidly good range.

Are CV/plane cheats a real thing?  I ran up against this shitter today: http://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1003150830-TenderFiddles/!/pvp/ships/?bestShip=wyoming

Independence vs Independence, which I do a pretty good job in.  He's got 11 battles in Indy as top tier CV, Omaha is his top tier ship.  He was multi-spec like myself with bombers, TBs and fighters.  His fighters without AA support, even with mine having AA support would kill an entire wing of my fighters, bombers, etc in roughly 3 seconds without using strafing.  My fighters couldn't even damage any of his, this with my 10 skill point captain, so it's not that and I have both fighter modules 1 & 2.  I've never seen anything like it.  I've had one elite player kill my shit almost as fast with a perfect strafing run.  This guy was fire and forget and insta-gib planes.   

Mesrith's talking about the Eye of Saruon mod (which made leading targets sailing at an angle really easy, combine with aim assist for an extreme edge).

7 hours ago, Vitellius9 said:

Are CV/plane cheats a real thing?  I ran up against this shitter today: http://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1003150830-TenderFiddles/!/pvp/ships/?bestShip=wyoming

Independence vs Independence, which I do a pretty good job in.  He's got 11 battles in Indy as top tier CV, Omaha is his top tier ship.  He was multi-spec like myself with bombers, TBs and fighters.  His fighters without AA support, even with mine having AA support would kill an entire wing of my fighters, bombers, etc in roughly 3 seconds without using strafing.  My fighters couldn't even damage any of his, this with my 10 skill point captain, so it's not that and I have both fighter modules 1 & 2.  I've never seen anything like it.  I've had one elite player kill my shit almost as fast with a perfect strafing run.  This guy was fire and forget and insta-gib planes.   

Not possible, damage done and taken is calculated server side. No cheat possible.

I am astonished to even read something like that here on WotLabs.

I assumed it was bad RNG, but I've never seen anything like it, even vs fighter spec fighting 1v2 enemy fighter wings you lose fighters over like 15-20s, a great strafe run isn't even this good.  It was quite jaw dropping, it was identical to the old days when you'd fight a tier 8 CV as a tier 6 and see planes die in seconds.  I've never seen anything like it, hence why I ask.  It wasn't normal.  I'm not some shitter making cheat accusations because someone outplayed me, something very weird happened.  

36 minutes ago, Vitellius9 said:

I assumed it was bad RNG, but I've never seen anything like it, even vs fighter spec fighting 1v2 enemy fighter wings you lose fighters over like 15-20s, a great strafe run isn't even this good.  It was quite jaw dropping, it was identical to the old days when you'd fight a tier 8 CV as a tier 6 and see planes die in seconds.  I've never seen anything like it, hence why I ask.  It wasn't normal.  I'm not some shitter making cheat accusations because someone outplayed me, something very weird happened.  

RNG works pretty well most of the time, but once in a while it completely shits the bed in some completely unpredictable fashion.