lt_lolcat

American medium line being redone?

18 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

If I had to re-grind the T1 Heavy and M4 Sherman out of the Lee again today, it would not be that big of a deal, but back at the 500 game mark, that POS nearly broke me.

The Lee also used to connect to the M7/M37, which added even more fun to the grind for some of us. Whee...

15 hours ago, lazydot said:

Don't you fcking dare to touch my m48 and replace it with shitty m60!

They're not going to move the M60...

Inserting the M60A1 however...

I play the e8 now and I change my mind. This tank is shit. Unreliable as fuck. Feels like my chaffee has more pen. 

20 hours ago, hazzgar said:

I play the e8 now and I change my mind. This tank is shit. Unreliable as fuck. Feels like my chaffee has more pen. 

I ended up using the 105 on both Shermans. I won't claim it's the better choice, but I'll promise it's the most fun choice. Using as much gun depression as possible to peek shots over ridges was the most fun I could come up with. 

3 hours ago, Tarski said:

I ended up using the 105 on both Shermans. I won't claim it's the better choice, but I'll promise it's the most fun choice. Using as much gun depression as possible to peek shots over ridges was the most fun I could come up with. 

It lowers exposure but the skill celling with it is rather low. 

My easy 8 really annoys me. The pen, accuracy, speed are all not enough to stop the enemy team if they lemming into one of your flanks and they roll over. Easy8 is just not a punishing tank. It only works in prolonged battles, on medium ranges (too long and you miss, too short and you are hit).

On the other hand the top 76mm is very good if you get a slow battle when you have the time to shift positions and grind. It's horrible that I have 51% WR with total shit dpg of 690 even though I've hard 5 monster games with one pools and 2 radley walters in mine. I think I need to be more conservative as meds below trier9 rarely allow for agressive play (t20 being an exception for me)

On 6/4/2016 at 11:03 AM, hazzgar said:

It lowers exposure but the skill celling with it is rather low. 

My easy 8 really annoys me. The pen, accuracy, speed are all not enough to stop the enemy team if they lemming into one of your flanks and they roll over. Easy8 is just not a punishing tank. It only works in prolonged battles, on medium ranges (too long and you miss, too short and you are hit).

On the other hand the top 76mm is very good if you get a slow battle when you have the time to shift positions and grind. It's horrible that I have 51% WR with total shit dpg of 690 even though I've hard 5 monster games with one pools and 2 radley walters in mine. I think I need to be more conservative as meds below trier9 rarely allow for agressive play (t20 being an exception for me)

I like my E8, it really needs to support the battle and can be at the mercy of your team in a tier 8 match. However in a tier 7 or less it can really work (premium shells required for admittance). I'm running a 59% WR and 830 DMG  avg so it can work (dmg could improve for sure). It really shines at picking off the low health tanks with its RoF, late game it can swing engagements IMO.

Back on topic, I fear in their quest to make it more popular to the masses WG will destroy all the soft stats that make these so popular with the more skilled player base. All I see when people talk of lowering the M46 and Pershing down tiers is making them look decent on paper with the big flashy stats but removing all the comfort stats to make them meh. 

5 hours ago, Elbow said:

I like my E8, it really needs to support the battle and can be at the mercy of your team in a tier 8 match. However in a tier 7 or less it can really work (premium shells required for admittance). I'm running a 59% WR and 830 DMG  avg so it can work (dmg could improve for sure). It really shines at picking off the low health tanks with its RoF, late game it can swing engagements IMO.

Back on topic, I fear in their quest to make it more popular to the masses WG will destroy all the soft stats that make these so popular with the more skilled player base. All I see when people talk of lowering the M46 and Pershing down tiers is making them look decent on paper with the big flashy stats but removing all the comfort stats to make them meh. 

Jesus I used to be so good in my e8 but now I can't make it work. 51% WR and 690DPG for some idiotic reason. Rather sad given I have similar DPG in the t5 Sherman and much 790 in the slow as fuck Jumbo. Maybe it's from jumping between NA and EU on 2 accs? 

16 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Jesus I used to be so good in my e8 but now I can't make it work. 51% WR and 690DPG for some idiotic reason. Rather sad given I have similar DPG in the t5 Sherman and much 790 in the slow as fuck Jumbo. Maybe it's from jumping between NA and EU on 2 accs? 

Sometimes playing other tanks give you bad habits. I know when I play a lot of my Super Pershing I get way to aggressive and try to rely on armor in other tanks, then suffer for it. Could just be you need to re-learn it in the current Meta and un-learn some habits? Good luck.

36 minutes ago, Elbow said:

Sometimes playing other tanks give you bad habits. I know when I play a lot of my Super Pershing I get way to aggressive and try to rely on armor in other tanks, then suffer for it. Could just be you need to re-learn it in the current Meta and un-learn some habits? Good luck.

I don't know. The easy8 just isn't consistent for me. I either do 3k damage or do 10 kills (both happened with decent enemy players 10 games in between them) in mine absolutely carrying a game or I'm blasted to hell. 

Just now, hazzgar said:

I don't know. The easy8 just isn't consistent for me. I either do 3k damage or do 10 kills in mine absolutely carrying a game or I'm blasted to hell. 

Can't help you with consistency because I struggle with that too. Consistency is the secret to being purple.  

24 minutes ago, Elbow said:

Can't help you with consistency because I struggle with that too. Consistency is the secret to being purple.  

I know but the thing is it's my least consistent tank. No idea why though. Ffs I get more consistency in my TVP even if that's because the tank is shit. 

I did okay on my E8 when I ground through. The only thing that bothered me was that the transmission kept getting knocked out. I have no idea how I managed to slither through with that atrocious base pen.

That being said, there are numerous ways to approach rebalancing US meds, as long as you don't touch T7/T8 upwards. My proposal, however, is to make another US MT line branching off the E8 or something in order to revive interest in the line. I was thinking the theme would be armored (better than their counterparts) meds, with the T42 at T7, M47 at T8, T54E2/T95 at T9, and M60A1 at T10.

This all means nothing if you're stuck at the M3 Lee though haha

2 hours ago, ZXrage said:

I did okay on my E8 when I ground through. The only thing that bothered me was that the transmission kept getting knocked out. I have no idea how I managed to slither through with that atrocious base pen.

That being said, there are numerous ways to approach rebalancing US meds, as long as you don't touch T7/T8 upwards. My proposal, however, is to make another US MT line branching off the E8 or something in order to revive interest in the line. I was thinking the theme would be armored (better than their counterparts) meds, with the T42 at T7, M47 at T8, T54E2/T95 at T9, and M60A1 at T10.

This all means nothing if you're stuck at the M3 Lee though haha

This is a good idea, or even something like the t62a/obj 140 line.  The whole line leads to two tier 10s

On 6/18/2016 at 11:20 PM, Yurra said:

Gimme deez

23622781911_f12abcc0f0_b.jpg

M728_Combat_Engineer_Vehicle_(CEV).jpg

I'd love to see them branch off T49 just for lolz

What a weird looking M60A2.

m60a2_2.jpg

Same gun as the T49, although theoretically you could buff the HEAT shells for maximum kek (IIRC the HEAT had 300+mm pen)

If you really want a nice looking medium tank, you can always go for the M60A1:
m60a1.jpg

Or the T95:

T95.jpg

The 90mm on it is smoothbore, but WG made it rifled for the T95/Chieftain so who cares

When people suggest M728, they forget that its a 165mm that fires HESH. More damage than anything in-game aside from 170mm HE or 183mm HESH