Sign in to follow this  
__Croc

Help me with equipment on the Pz III

Hello! I am a new player that has been reading your tips. It is going really well for me. I have ~55 % win rate so it has really helped me!

I want to know what equipment I should use on the Panzer III which is a mobile medium tank at tier 4. You can skip the text below if you don't want to read it.

I can now afford to buy my first tier 4 tank. I am going to get the Panzer III which looks like a very good medium with nice armor, good mobility and good 5cm gun.

I like to play in a platoon with 2 comrades of mine and we all play the German nation with the same tech-tree. We are aiming to all get the Panzer III to be able to play as an effective medium platoon.

I have been playing more than my friends so I am a little bit ahead and ready to buy the tank with 75 % crew right now.

I will probably spend a lot of time in this tank and I want to upgrade as much as I can (no matter the cost) but I am not sure what equipment I should get.

Some people recommend using:

- Vents

- Gun Laying Drive (GLD)

- Gun Rammer 

But would it not be better to use Coated Optics instead of GLD because view-range is so crucial? People recommend to play this tank as a mobile flanker. The GLD only affects tanks that are stationary...

People recommend GLD because the tank shoot fast (24 rounds/min) but has slow (2.3 seconds) aiming time.

I have a hard time choosing. I want this tank to be as good as it possibly can be and I think that you can probably give me better advice than other internet people. So please tell me what you would use on a tank like the Panzer III with good mobility and high rate of fire!

Thank you very much for all guides and help! And thank you for your reply!

Hardly casual purple question. Moved to normal German vehicles section.

In general low tier tanks are not worth spending much money on. If you have a spare rammer and want to spend the gold to remove it soon afterwards, go ahead. If not, these are the tanks where you can work with Toolbox, Binocs, camo net and cheap vents, unless you are planning to make it a keeper and playing hundreds of battles in.

13 minutes ago, Private_Miros said:

Hardly casual purple question. Moved to normal German vehicles section.

In general low tier tanks are not worth spending much money on. If you have a spare rammer and want to spend the gold to remove it soon afterwards, go ahead. If not, these are the tanks where you can work with Toolbox, Binocs, camo net and cheap vents, unless you are planning to make it a keeper and playing hundreds of battles in.

Sorry for posting in the wrong section.

I do not have a premium account and need a tank to earn money. I think that I can use the Panzer III for that. I should probably buy the tank and start to play it and see how much I like it before asking these questions. Thanks for the advice!

1 hour ago, __Croc said:

Sorry for posting in the wrong section.

I do not have a premium account and need a tank to earn money. I think that I can use the Panzer III for that. I should probably buy the tank and start to play it and see how much I like it before asking these questions. Thanks for the advice!

You wont earn significant amounts of credits in any regular t4 tank, and that's beside the fact that t4 in general is the worst part of the game. You get put into matches with t5 and t6 tanks. Especially the later ones outclass you so much - it's horrible to play against them.

That aside - I find rammer pointless with a 2.5sec reload. It doesnt realy matter if you reload in 2.5 or 2.3 seconds. Therefore - if you re hellbent on suffering t4 tanks, and the PIII can be fun sometimes - waste your credits on Optics, GLD and Vents.

Really if you want to make credits and don't want to spend money on a premium tank a tier 5 that doesn't need much gold ammo to be effective is basically as good as it gets. The Pz III isn't going to work very well for credits, tier 4 sees higher tiers a lot and the paltry 67 pen means you either won't pen squat or will be forced to use a lot of gold ammo. Pz IV with the 105mm gun shooting HE is a solid tank if you want to actually make credits. Other solid choices might be the KV-1 or Wolverine if you'd rather play heavies or TDs.

Pz III is GLD, vents, optics in my book. Rammer on guns with bad aim and fast RoF tends to just throw shells everywhere which defeats the purpose anyway. At tier 4 optics or binocs is very useful too, still a lot of vision games being played unlike higher tiers.

#fuck credits

VEETZ4o.jpg

imo, if you want to drop something for optics, drop vents, the aim time is fucking abysmal on this thing and the close range dpm people down ability with the rammer was something I thought was worthwhile 

Just buy Hetzer and derp ppl for money. Pz. 3 is not a keeper unless 75%+ gold loadout. Even the, hetz has a better gold (more alpha, cheaper per dmg done) round if you select your targets. Even hetz with 7.5 cm is a nice tank. It also has much better armor than Pz. 3, which can troll just some tier 3s...hetz armor works against all non derp/non td/not gold rounds of same tier, which is about 80%. Tier 5 about 30-50 % bounces, tier 6 and you are food in every tier 4.

T-28 is one of the tanks that can work without a single gold shell fired, and it trains 6 crew, lol.. Pz. 4 without an occasional HEAT is missing all the fun, but earns good money.

Since I played a ton of battles in tiers 4-6, I can tell you with 100% security:

Tier 4 is bad for money making. In tier 5 you get about 15-20% more money FOR THE SAME DMG! And if you do just 20-30% more dmg, basically your increase in hitpoints, you get 50-60% more.

T-34 is great, but 112 pen will let you down. A serious tank to win games is you have prem acc and shoot just 20% gold, makes profit.

KV-1 is a great tank for new players, I recommend 85 mm or derp, try both guns and see which one fits your playstyle better. Best to mix them both in a platoon.

Camo, binos, repair kit.

because you can swap them amongst your tanks without penalty.

unless the tank is a keeper, I wouldn't recommend equipment on anything below a tier 6.

The others are steering you right.  Some pieces of equipment can run up to half a million credits, more than the cost of a Tier 4 tank, so only put regular equipment on it if (1) you're certain it's a keeper or (2) you're willing to burn a little money (a very little) to use gold to pull it off.  It only takes ten gold per removal of one item, but if you aren't spending money yet then you aren't spending money yet.

Otherwise, you can just put binos, camo net, and toolbox on it until you decide.

What everyone else said. The Pz III isn't a credit earner, and the APCR is a much better use of limited credits than equipment if you're trying to play through it with decent stats. I have >3k WN8 from playing it with ~50% APCR, 75% crew and free equipment.

If you really want a tier 4 credit tank then Felicius' suggestion of the T-28 is solid, but he's probably right about tier 5 being more profitable. Tier 5 certainly gets much nicer MM, especially if you play in platoons.

14 hours ago, Strigonx said:

50mm

Optics over GLD for being able to spot things on your own

Vents

Rammer

100% APCR because fuck you

Amen. With the way MM treats these tiers, it doesn't do any good to hold anything back.

(I bought back a whole passel of III's and IV's that still need their Ace badges. I don't remember matchmaking being this bad the first time through the line.)

I have realized that the Pz IV H is far superior at earning credits than the Pz III so I will aim at getting get the Pz IV H first. :) I have already prepared a crew for Pz III (when it was on sale) but it was probably worth it anyways because I still want to play the tank.

I can use the Pz III as fun tank to play on one tier lower. Depending on how much I like it I might consider how much money I should invest in it. If I want to upgrade it fully then vents, gld and optics seems like a solid option.

Thanks very much for all the replies! Happy tanking!