Jump to content
FlorbFnarb

I know this is not normally a topic for this subforum, but SELL YOUR RENTALS.

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Kuroialty said:

Should anyone be concerned that this could be unintentional and considered by WG as some sort of glitch abuse that could get your account banned or funds seized?

If they start banning over this but not T-22sr rigging there will be hell to pay...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FLORB!
19,170,776 silver gained!
Bought the tier 9 Patton and the T-10 before the site went down.
Now anxiously awaiting its return to see what the future holds....

No matter what happens, thanks for sharing Florb!


Later edit:
Site is back up.
I still have my tanks and money....
Logged in for a friend who is at work and the one tank I "removed" no longer had the huge selling price.

So, it looks like those who got in on this get the silver, and those that didn't aren't going to get any...

But someone else should try as I can be totally woodenheaded sometimes.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free Money :awyeah:

Another Quote from Status Report

Quote

WG NA Community Coordinator gave the following statement:

Dear Tankers,

Thank you for pointing out the issue with the rental system where you could sell the rentals for credits after the 9.15 update.

Good news! This morning’s update has fixed this issue, and selling rental will no longer give credits in return.  For those of you that have sold your rentals for the extra credits, how do you plan to spend them?

Please create a ticket to support if you have any questions or should any issues arise. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kuroialty said:

Should anyone be concerned that this could be unintentional and considered by WG as some sort of glitch abuse that could get your account banned or funds seized?

What I quoted from Fenxis below is how I feel about it

7 hours ago, Blue Toaster said:

That is what you get for buying them all.

I feel bad for those guys but at the same time...your comment made me laugh

5 hours ago, Fenxis said:

If they start banning over this but not T-22sr rigging there will be hell to pay...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kuroialty said:

Should anyone be concerned that this could be unintentional and considered by WG as some sort of glitch abuse that could get your account banned or funds seized?

One would absolutely hope so.  But if there's one thing the T-22 event showed, it's the appalling lack of ethics in this community by quite a large group of players.

Commence with the "it's WG fault", and "It's in the game" and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jsgx3 said:

One would absolutely hope so.  But if there's one thing the T-22 event showed, it's the appalling lack of ethics in this community by quite a large group of players.

Commence with the "it's WG fault", and "It's in the game" and such.

Selling tanks in my garage is COMPLETELY different than rigging matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, NightmareMk9 said:

Selling tanks in my garage is COMPLETELY different than rigging matches.

Precisely.  Not at all the same.  Rigging matches screws the people in the match with you; selling rentals screws nobody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jsgx3 said:

One would absolutely hope so.  But if there's one thing the T-22 event showed, it's the appalling lack of ethics in this community by quite a large group of players.

Commence with the "it's WG fault", and "It's in the game" and such.

2cd3r8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jsgx3 said:

I'm sure you believe that.

It's nothing the same.  If you rig matches, you are screwing people out of a win, plain and simple.  Not to get excessively high-minded about it, but if you play a game, you're supposed to play to win, and you owe it to your teammates not to take a dive.

But selling rental tanks?  It screws nobody out of anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So getting credits by selling tanks is considered cheating by some, better not use credits to buy gold ammo anymore, might get a ban. :kwim: Anyway congrats to the players making all the extra credits who didn't remove their rentals to early, ( me ) or own all of them, (@Razavn ). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

It's nothing the same.  If you rig matches, you are screwing people out of a win, plain and simple.  Not to get excessively high-minded about it, but if you play a game, you're supposed to play to win, and you owe it to your teammates not to take a dive.

But selling rental tanks?  It screws nobody out of anything.

You do realize that game economies are tracked by the company?  That they make decisions on costs of various in game purchases, by looking at the game economy?  That artificial inflation of the in game economy affects the overall game through WG decisions on what things cost, what kind of bonuses they give out, what kind of specials they run?

I don't suspect you, or the people who support this kind of thing think about that.  You are much too busy believing yourself to be too clever. 

Don't worry in the least about getting too high minded about it, you are not in any danger of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jsgx3 said:

You do realize that game economies are tracked by the company?  That they make decisions on costs of various in game purchases, by looking at the game economy?  That artificial inflation of the in game economy affects the overall game through WG decisions on what things cost, what kind of bonuses they give out, what kind of specials they run?

I don't suspect you, or the people who support this kind of thing think about that.  You are much too busy believing yourself to be too clever. 

Don't worry in the least about getting too high minded about it, you are not in any danger of that.

I really do not believe there is anybody analyzing the economy that closely.  I just don't.  I also believe that the number of credits involved is far too few to matter as far as anything goes even if they were analyzing the economy that way.

So neither the group nor any individual is being screwed out of anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Dear Tankers,

Thank you for pointing out the issue with the rental system where you could sell the rentals for credits after the 9.15 update.

Good news! This morning’s update has fixed this issue, and selling rental will no longer give credits in return.  For those of you that have sold your rentals for the extra credits, how do you plan to spend them?

Please create a ticket to support if you have any questions or should any issues arise. 

 

 

I'm done with this game.  This is the last straw.  I've been playing for over 3 years, been putting up with WG's bullshit, their snail pace development, their shit modes, their no-answer Q&A's.  Their complete lack of knowledge regarding their own fucking game and what fans want from it.

 

And then the NA Community PR person tells everyone "Oh we fixed the credit exploit, anyone who took advantage of it ENJOY! TROLOLOLOLOLOL"

That just sends a message to me they don't give a flying fuck they just gave out $200+ worth of silver to anyone that took advantage of an exploit.  In fact, cheat and exploit as much as you want, we don't give a shit about anything.  Oh btw he's some pissy shit tank for your support all these years.

Just go fuck yourself WG, GO FUCK YOURSELF WITH A RAKE.

 

I'm out, tell me how all the "promises" they have in the pipeline go in 10 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 21Blackjack said:

 

I'm done with this game.  This is the last straw.  I've been playing for over 3 years, been putting up with WG's bullshit, their snail pace development, their shit modes, their no-answer Q&A's.  Their complete lack of knowledge regarding their own fucking game and what fans want from it.

 

And then the NA Community PR person tells everyone "Oh we fixed the credit exploit, anyone who took advantage of it ENJOY! TROLOLOLOLOLOL"

That just sends a message to me they don't give a flying fuck they just gave out $200+ worth of silver to anyone that took advantage of an exploit.  In fact, cheat and exploit as much as you want, we don't give a shit about anything.  Oh btw he's some pissy shit tank for your support all these years.

Just go fuck yourself WG, GO FUCK YOURSELF WITH A RAKE.

 

I'm out, tell me how all the "promises" they have in the pipeline go in 10 years.

He mad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone didn't get any free credits.

The only reason to be mad about this as a PLAYER, is if you didn't get to take advantage (you already sold them, you didn't earn any, you didn't play Wednesday).

We ALL know WG is a friggin joke.  This ONE time the joke is on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has a point, any time you just start creating more money supply without consent of the governed you are essentially taking wealth from each individual holder of your currency. This effectively is a tax capable of circumventing the normal channels of democratic decision making, even effectively taxing those who may not even be citizens but instead foreign holders of your currency. Ideally this should not be a power possessed by unelelected officials who cannot be held directly accountable by citizens for decisions made.

Oh wait, I'm thinking of real life, not IMAGINARY MAGICAL TANK LAND.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

He has a point, any time you just start creating more money supply without consent of the governed you are essentially taking wealth from each individual holder of your currency. This effectively is a tax capable of circumventing the normal channels of democratic decision making, even effectively taxing those who may not even be citizens but instead foreign holders of your currency. Ideally this should not be a power possessed by unelelected officials who cannot be held directly accountable by citizens for decisions made.

Oh wait, I'm thinking of real life, not IMAGINARY MAGICAL TANK LAND.

You had me for a second there. You lost it when you weren't an insufferable cunt about it like the other 2 were. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...