Sign in to follow this  
HappyIittlecloud

A44 or T43

Hey I want to get down the Russian med line but am unsure which way to go.

I am used to american and british meds with good gun depression and peashooters, so what would be easier for me?

Thanks a lot :)

The A-43 branch lacks depression, and is overall wonky. The 43 is similar to the cromwell, the 44 has alpha and nothing else, and the 416 is 4 he best tier 8 td.

The T-34-85 branch is full of jack of all trades, with tanks that aren't bad at much, but don't really excel either. 

Note, if you go down the A-43 branch, you can potentially get all 3 tier 10 RU meds

Edit: and if you need help with low tiers, pick any really, they're all pretty good.

Thank you guys. I think imma go with the T43 a "normal" tank with good dpm seems more like the kind of vehicle I can make work. Since I am aiming for the 140 it does not really matter if I unlock the 430 or not.

I played both t6's and like the t 34-85 more, the a43 was more like a E8 with no gun depression and made out of ammoracks. (Literally i got oneshot ammoracked in this tank more then in all my other tanks combined.)

A-44, you don't really appreciate good tanks otherwise.

Also , if you have credits to burn and really dislike RNG: use the 57mm on A-44 and fire lots of APCR, it's ridiculously fun and is still somewhat effective.

7 minutes ago, HappyIittlecloud said:

I got my T34 for that :) Its one of my favourite tanks, just dpming the side of a Tiger and stuff. Also less gold needed.

well you are still going to spam 57mm on A-43 anyways

Good choice. no need to unlock the Object 430, it is terrible.

416 and 430 II are good, but not worth going through the A44 and like I said, the tier X is crap.

I'd recommend T43. I was quite afraid of this tank given the hate it gets from some people, but I ended up liking it very much and enjoyed the whole grind. It just clicked. Added bonus is that people tend to underestimate you and prioritise other targets, which is something you appreciate on 3+ arty teams...

The a-44 mounts a gun that hits hard but is irrelevant as you'll miss your shots anyway due to the horrid aim time and accuracy. 

It doesnt matter if the alpha was 2000, because you don't hit ANYTHING further than 20m away.

Therefore this requires a tank that is good at brawling - which the a-44 completely fails at because when you're hit the following things will happen:

- you will be tracked

- you will suffer engine damage

- you will be ammo racked

- you will catch fire

- you will lose a crew member

Or more commonly, all of the above.

It's s steaming dog-turd with no redeeming features.

20 hours ago, HappyIittlecloud said:

I got my T34 for that :) Its one of my favourite tanks, just dpming the side of a Tiger and stuff. Also less gold needed.

but how do you hit things with that excuse of a gun?

I swear my hit ratio in the T34 is better than my hit ratio in the T-34.

I took A-44 route (with a detour through the KV-13 because it's great). It was a combination of fun and frustrating. Driving it was fun, ramming things was fun, successfully baiting shots in sidescrape was fun. On the other hand, taking lots of module damage was frustrating and having the gun handling of a meth-head who just lost both thumbs was frustrating. 

No regrets, but it's far from a keeper. 

I got the T-43 and I love it. Got two acetankers,  63.16%  WR, 1723WN8 in my first 60 games. Somehow the tank just works for me. I seriously consider keeping it, since I like the combination of dpm, alpha and not getting rekked by circling Cromwells like the Panther does.

I am really surprised that the T34-85 on tier higher is becoming one of my favourite tanks and I consider making an appreciation thread.

As for to hit stuff with the T34: Pray and spray^^

On 6/2/2016 at 4:44 PM, HappyIittlecloud said:

I got the T-43 and I love it. Got two acetankers,  63.16%  WR, 1723WN8 in my first 60 games. Somehow the tank just works for me. I seriously consider keeping it, since I like the combination of dpm, alpha and not getting rekked by circling Cromwells like the Panther does.

I am really surprised that the T34-85 on tier higher is becoming one of my favourite tanks and I consider making an appreciation thread.

Did you ever end up starting the appreciation thread for the T-43?  I didn't see it.  I loved this tank.  I elited it in 107 battles with a 1726 WN8 (easily my highest so far), although my WR is a lowly 48.6%.  It's kinda similar (at least for me) to the VK30.02D - can do most things well, can hang in a brawl, good enough mobility and accuracy.  Even in higher tier battles I could usually find some way to contribute (although obviously not with enough success to get wins...).  Not sure if I'll keep it or not.  I also love that the crew layout is the same as the Rudy, unlike that for the earlier tiers.