RichardNixon

WN9 aesthetics poll

What numerical value should WN9 use for players who currently have ~2500 WN8?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. What numerical value should WN9 use for players who currently have ~2500 WN8?

• Around 400
    • Around 4000
  2. 2. How difficult should it be to get purple account WN9?

• More difficult than purple overall WN8
    • Same difficulty as purple overall WN8
    • Easier than purple overall WN8

What does being purple actually mean?  The top 1%?  The top .1%?  I don't think it should just be arbitrarily easier or harder.  The color ranks should represent something concrete mathematically. 

1 minute ago, lt_lolcat said:

What does being purple actually mean?  The top 1%?  The top .1%?  I don't think it should just be arbitrarily easier or harder.  The color ranks should represent something concrete mathematically. 

an asymptotic curve to X3N4

short question here: spotting damage is not available, ok. what about bounced damage? from my POV, spotting is basically as important as bouncing shots, because those shots you bounced never hit an ally.

is bounced damage meanwhile available via api?

I like the idea of normalizing to 100 as the average player, since then it's easy to tell how many "times" better than average you are.  That metadata is always embedded in these statistics somehow, but I think making it clearer will be more likely to encourage people to improve.

Regarding the individual colors, I feel like matching them to certain percentiles (as was done with the most recent WN8 color scale change) is essentially the right way to do it.  I don't see any reason to arbitrarily make some colors more difficult than others.  It's already not easy to be in the top 10/1/0.1% overall, and those are meaningful steps.  Add more lurid colors of pink if you want, and just make @CarbonWard ultraviolet and invisible or something, and call it good. :)

Voted 400 because it's cleaner with 3 digits.

And voted easier than wn8 to be unicum since right now overall wn8 is not even close to representing actual current skill level of a player. Surprised with the actual poll results for this one. Too many rerolls voting :P

Just now, kariverson said:

Voted 400 because it's cleaner with 3 digits.

And voted easier than wn8 to be unicum since right now overall wn8 is not even close to representing actual current skill level of a player. 

I am beginning to feel as wn8 is becoming more padded and not a true indicator of elite skill. To that measure it is my opinion that the measures should be more difficult to achieve. Just my two cents

3 minutes ago, Johnyblood said:

I am beginning to feel as wn8 is becoming more padded and not a true indicator of elite skill. To that measure it is my opinion that the measures should be more difficult to achieve. Just my two cents

Either way I'm still gonna pad the shit out of it either way to offset the retarded orange first 10k battles of my account and the 5k blue ones of the missions :P

2 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Agree with @Fulvin, its something new, numbers should be 'new' as well. 

Perceptive comment. If it like WN8, the numbers should probably be similar. But if it something really different, the numbers should probably be different.

I don't really see the difference, aslong as I can go on the site and look at graphs etc and see that I am improving. like right now I've kind stagnated at the 1900 ish mark recent wise.

Also I wonder about tooning, i really prefer tooning but don't do it often, but with the current EXP bonuses I may do it more often and sorta worry itll hurt me.

solo pub is cancer tho.

I'm going to kind of go off the rails and say that I'd like to see a 0-1000 scale.  It curves nicely and the SD would be easier to understand, but its broad enough to still be able to track short term progress.

Otherwise, I really DGAF, as long as I can tell which IS-6 is blue and which one is red so I'll know which team mate to shove out in traffic as a meat shield, all is well.

3 hours ago, kariverson said:

Either way I'm still gonna pad the shit out of it either way to offset the retarded orange first 10k battles of my account and the 5k blue ones of the missions :P

I think the most interesting thing it looks like it can do, is discard your worst 35% of your overall battles to give a rating, if Im reading it correctly

41 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

I think the most interesting thing it looks like it can do, is discard your worst 35% of your overall battles to give a rating, if I'm reading it correctly

Yeah I read that and I was ecstatic. That wasn't implemented in the preliminary calculator though right?

I always thought that purple was way too fuckin easy to get.

if 300 - avg tier X performance, and 350 is purple (or something like that)... well, people are pretty close to purple now, aren't they? on AVERAGE?

And the metric should reflect the hardest tier IMHO.

Purple should be the 99 percentile. If that means 500 WN9, so be it. Less "fake cums" around = good. Makes the true ones rewarded better :)