OOPMan

A New Era in Retarded Case Designs is Coming!

Checkit:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/05/asus-avalon-specs-modular-pc/

system-closed.jpg

new-io.jpg

A little fruity but not too bad.

But wait till you see this...

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/05/msi-hp-zotac-backpack-vr-pc-details-specs-price-release-date/

backpack1-980x551.jpg

backpack3-980x551.jpg

I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't feel safe wondering around with that unlicensed nuclear particle accelerator strapped to my back ;-)

43 minutes ago, Haswell said:

Lian Li master race, aluminum cases beat steel and plastic boxes any day.

Silver and copper would beat aluminium but would also be quite a lot more expensive!! (also heavier)

Not gunna lie I really like the first 2, the first one looks like it could be a retro cd player and the end like a server bank. I think they're kinda cool. (Although that backpack one is weird af)

13 minutes ago, Spartan96 said:

carbon fiber case when?

A friend of mine has been making carbon fiber car parts for 10+ years now for pro race teams and regular car owners.  He has made me custom made parts in the past.  I wonder if I can convince him to do carbon fiber PC cases and a carbon fiber backpack PC case.  If there is actually a market for it he might do it. The only issue I see is the cost due to hours of labor to make all the mounting holes even if it was done with a jig and drill press.  I could see a mid tower ATX case costing over $1,000 due to labor costs.

I'm looking at the backpack one and telling myself "with the heat it will generate, what kind of person would strap that to his back?".

2 hours ago, Zinn said:

You're all laughing at the backpack PC now but just wait until VR really takes off :serb:

When real mobile VR becomes popular I'm gonna come up with a wireless hacking device that replaces all the McDonalds advertisement in a 1km bubble with goatse. Enjoy that on your google glasses mofos.

Also if your PC case isn't 10+ years old, made out of the cheapest, most toxic chinese mystery metal and doesn't look like it's fallen down at least 3 flights of stairs you're just a poser.

41 minutes ago, megaflex4000 said:

When real mobile VR becomes popular I'm gonna come up with a wireless hacking device that replaces all the McDonalds advertisement in a 1km bubble with goatse. Enjoy that on your google glasses mofos.

Also if your PC case isn't 10+ years old, made out of the cheapest, most toxic chinese mystery metal and doesn't look like it's fallen down at least 3 flights of stairs you're just a poser.

Mine doesn't even have a side panel, I broke it by accident when moving furniture around :dealdog:

Also, use GNAA instead.

2 hours ago, Bavor said:

A friend of mine has been making carbon fiber car parts for 10+ years now for pro race teams and regular car owners.  He has made me custom made parts in the past.  I wonder if I can convince him to do carbon fiber PC cases and a carbon fiber backpack PC case.  If there is actually a market for it he might do it. The only issue I see is the cost due to hours of labor to make all the mounting holes even if it was done with a jig and drill press.  I could see a mid tower ATX case costing over $1,000 due to labor costs.

CF is expensive as fuck, i don't think that will be long term demand for cases like that. If there is any resonable demand I think big players would already have it.

6 hours ago, rabidmonkey679 said:

Not gunna lie I really like the first 2, the first one looks like it could be a retro cd player and the end like a server bank. I think they're kinda cool. (Although that backpack one is weird af)

Technically the idea behind the ASUS design is not that bad, pretty neat. The main issue is it seems like they're going for some serious vendor lock-in which very much goes against the whole idea behind PCs.

11 hours ago, OOPMan said:

I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't feel safe wondering around with that unlicensed nuclear particle accelerator strapped to my back ;-)

That thing screams 'mug me, I have money!'

5 hours ago, StormCrowReaperManyHats said:

Is not bomb comrade. Is Clock.

You see Ivan, if carry clock with you, you will always be of knowings the time!

2 hours ago, Shackram said:

*snip*

I kind of like this one, actually.

14 hours ago, OOPMan said:

The MSI backpacks are made specifically for VR. Looks like we'll have virutal arenas soon :serb: