kreigermann

VK45.03 Tier 7 Heavy Premium

26 minutes ago, Tarski said:

Module hitpoints are not the same as tank hitpoints, and module damage per shell is not the same as damage per shell. 

I get that module damage is separate, since some can partially restore etc. separate hp pools. 

so are you saying shells have a separate characteristic for module damage amount(based on caliber) different than the avg damage characteristic. I thought that modules have separate pools to be damaged but all based on the same damage characteristics.

(For example 240 dmg shells hit tracks for 240 and empty the hp of that module until repaired)

29 minutes ago, kreigermann said:

I get that module damage is separate, since some can partially restore etc. separate hp pools. 

so are you saying shells have a separate characteristic for module damage amount(based on caliber) different than the avg damage characteristic. I thought that modules have separate pools to be damaged but all based on the same damage characteristics.

(For example 240 dmg shells hit tracks for 240 and empty the hp of that module until repaired)

We've answered this question twice already, but here goes try number three: 

The amount of damage that a shell does to modules is not the same as the amount of damage that a shell does to tanks. A shell's listed average damage and that same shell's module damage values are two different numbers. When you shoot an enemy tank's module, the damage you deal to that module is based not on the listed average damage of the shell but on the module damage of the shell, which--again--is a separate value distinct from the listed average damage of the shell.

OK, well thanks for the clarification.  Declaring something twice without explanation is different from answering and explaining twice. Which is why I asked again for clarification.

Thanks for c/p.

The turret troll bounces a lot of stuff due to the shape. When using gun depression, the top part of the turret face will bounce lots of stuff.

3 minutes ago, Hally said:

The turret troll bounces a lot of stuff due to the shape. When using gun depression, the top part of the turret face will bounce lots of stuff.

I just now learned this by bouncing a 140mm shell off of one. :cri:

5 hours ago, kreigermann said:

I thought I read that module damage have hit points. Higher caliber hits harder in general, sure but I think damaging tracks/modules is a hit point based calculation rather than a caliber, match,(like overmatch compares thickness to caliber) no?

It's a good rule of thumbs tough. So what you said is only half wrong. 

I got weak and bought one before it was gone from the shops. I'm pleasently surprised. It's basically much like the Panther 88, just a tier lower. comfortable to play, sidescraping works, though you need to be careful with the turret-front when doing so and baiting shots. As top tier it's surprisingly powerful, even though it lacks the Tiger I's overwhelming DPS. Once not top tier, it suffers more than the Tiger does, imo. Interestingly enough, you can go and pretend to be a heavium when not top tier, as the tank isn't exactly agile, but builds speed well in a longer run.

I really think it's best described as a T7 Panther 88.

On June 30, 2016 at 10:21 AM, kreigermann said:

OK, well thanks for the clarification.  Declaring something twice without explanation is different from answering and explaining twice. Which is why I asked again for clarification.

Thanks for c/p.

Module damage is based on caliber, and unrelated to shell damage.

3 minutes ago, Cloud_1 said:

On 10/1/2016 at 9:41 AM, YesThatWasAPCR said:

A slower Panther 88 that gets pref mm and sees tier 7? Not a shitgift.

Am I missing something here? Doesn't it get t7-t9 MM?

Respectfully asking thinking of getting to train my Tiger I crew 

59 minutes ago, Cloud_1 said:

Am I missing something here? Doesn't it get t7-t9 MM?

Respectfully asking thinking of getting to train my Tiger I crew 

The VK has regular T7 MM (T5-T9), which is like pref T8 MM (T6-T9) with the added bonus of also seeing T5.

My two cents regarding this tank,  my only gripe is the inflated cost for a T7, might be better worth getting a T8 Prem med (that isn't the also inflated T-34-3) for a little more.

I had a go in a rental VK4503, blessed as I am with a dank Tiger II crew

it's....alright. the mobility was something surprising and welcome for a German heavy tank, i've been able to react and respond to certain situations that remind me of my Panther II

the gun handling is wunderbar. i had a game in El Halluf where I had to hold that NW corner by myself against 3 tier VI heavy tanks (O-I, T-150, KV-85) but I managed to hold my ground and whittle all 3 down before I was eventually flanked from behind (because my team was crap)

it struggles against higher tier opponents, but it's balanced, not Russian

14 hours ago, arthurwellsley said:

The vk4503 now about to be sold as a captured USA version

thats not the vk45

its a captured tiger 2 at tier 7

its also apparently coming via the twitch prime loot that we get every month for free