Rexxie

Elimination: Tier 8

4 hours ago, GlenoWar said:

I haven't played the JP II yet, but the weak spot in tanks.gg is pretty narrow ring around the gun which I doubt anyone could reliably hit outside of 30m range, and at long range I have to wonder how many shots would actually randomly scatter there intentionally or not. As far as HD nerfs go, it doesn't look any where near as significant as the M4 or Centurion mantlet nerfs.

It is definitely not as worse as cent's manlet goes, JPII is turretless so I guess things might be slightly different. Unless JPII has its gun facing the right way or its gun is depressed, the mantlet is quite ugly. It is more of a trollish one than a reliable one. I should mention I am not looking at the upper part of the mantlet but the left and right cheeks. Again I am not saying it is undrivable or sth, just trying to put things up and. Yes, I am quite disappointed about the mantlet.:brokenheart:

110 = 9
AMX 50 100 = 10 - 3 = 7
You almost want a refund when you miss the whole clip.

Pershing = 50 
T32 = 33
Obj 416 = 36+1 = 37
A platform for watching the world on fire, and one hand HEATing, whatever Stalin does not approve.

IS-3  =77

23 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

It is definitely not as worse as cent's manlet goes, JPII is turretless so I guess things might be slightly different. Unless JPII has its gun facing the right way or its gun is depressed, the mantlet is quite ugly. It is more of a trollish one than a reliable one. I should mention I am not looking at the upper part of the mantlet but the left and right cheeks. Again I am not saying it is undrivable or sth, just trying to put things up and. Yes, I am quite disappointed about the mantlet.:brokenheart:

Yeah that's true the mantlet looks like a pretty bad weak point for enemies the gun isn't pointed at. I just hope the tank is still fun to play when I finally shell out for it!

10 hours ago, hazzgar said:

It may seem like I'm picking on you but have you played it after buff? Pre buff it was amazing but now? Look the model up in tank.gg. The weakspot is in the worst place possible since autoaim pens you now. 

Yes, I did. Played about 200 battles in it after it was nerfed. Got penned through the mantlet more than before. But a ppart from once getting penned there by a moving IS using auto aim at 200 metres its still effective. I guess I know what Im talking about then...

110 = 6 Still doesn't have the dpm to compete.
AMX 50 100 = 8 If you miss a full clip, you're doing something wrong.
Pershing = 50 
T32 = 33
Obj 416 = 37
IS-3 = 77

Edited by zippy_the_cat
Potato abbreviating

Wait, what? You're gonna keep 416 but kick 110 and 50 100? What sorcery is this?!

What+sorcery+is+this+_786bddf0ddb733075b

110 = 7
AMX 50 100 = 8
Pershing = 50 
T32 = 33
Obj 416 = 34 
IS-3 = 77

110 - Because armor and mobility win games. Also, for folks who think only 416 has a premium round , 110 has great APCR.

It doesn't have DPM? What? How can you write such nonsense? It has more DPM than IS-3, Pershing, 50100 or T32?!

416 - Doesn't have armor, nor health points to carry games when a flank crumbles because an ally E75 drove into water. Camo sniping is easy, but is it still meta at tier 8? I don't think so. 

110 = 7
AMX 50 100 = 5 Miss. Miss. Miss. Miss. Hit. Miss. Reloaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Sorry you're just worst of the remaining. Your clip makes you quirky, but no, just no. 
Pershing = 50 
T32 = 33
Obj 416 = 34 
IS-3 = 78 <insert Stalin here>

7 hours ago, mort_CZ said:

Yes, I did. Played about 200 battles in it after it was nerfed. Got penned through the mantlet more than before. But a ppart from once getting penned there by a moving IS using auto aim at 200 metres its still effective. I guess I know what Im talking about then...

After playing the JP2 and getting penned through mantlet a number of times, I've resorted to shooting enemy JP2s in the mantlet as well if I'm forced to face them hulldown. Almost always pens. Just aim at the gun and RNG will scatter your shots into the mantlet. This is also why it's shit (at bouncing shots - it's still a damn agile TD). Shitpubs who don't know about weakspots will just aim at centre mass of your hulldown superstructure.. and pen you.

110 = 7 - 3 = 4. Inferior IS-3 clone.
AMX 50 100 = 5 + 1 = 6. Gonna try to make it top 5.
Pershing = 50 
T32 = 33
Obj 416 = 34 
IS-3 = 78 

110 = 1 the worst of the tanks left. 
AMX 50 100 = 7 better than the T32 imo
Pershing = 50 
T32 = 33
Obj 416 = 34 
IS-3 = 78 

110 = dead
AMX 50 100 = 7
Pershing = 50 
T32 = 33
Obj 416 = 34 
IS-3 = 78 + 1 = 79

Tough decision between 110 and 50 100. 110 is a fine tank that is consistently useful, but not quite as good as the IS3 in the same role. 50 100 is quirky and a one-trick pony, but that trick is great when it works. I'm going with the 50 100, and you can all yell at me.

AMX 50 100 = 8 it might be a one trick pony, but damn its trick is great!
Pershing = 47 idk, but after i unlocked more and more tanks (persh was my 3rd T8) i played it less and less untill i sold it in march after roughly 2 years in my garage. might be a good T8 med, still not a great tank.
T32 = 33
Obj 416 = 34 
IS-3 = 79

AMX 50 100 - 8
Pershing - 47
T32 - 33
Obj 416 - 31 Well, we just eliminated one tank for not having a turret, and this one has about as much gun arc as a 183.
IS-3 - 80 I really want to vote for something else, but... yeah, I cant not vote for the best

I was very torn between the 32, 416 and 50-100. From the 32's terrible gun but awesome armor profile in many situations, to the down-time of the 50-100 and horrible gun handling, I just felt like the 416 was the least flexible of the worst three in my experience.

AMX 50 100 - 8-3 = 5 I love French tanks and the autoloader concept to bits. However, the only way to play this tank is in a platoon with meatshields and fight at knife range... and then it's frustrating to have such a terrible bloom and watch your rounds fly all over the place--even at close range.
Pershing - 47+1 = 48 Pretty good Tier 8.5 medium if I may say so myself.
T32 - 33
Obj 416 - 31
IS-3 - 80

Is IS-3's armor really that good? On tanks.gg the UFP is only 180-220, mostly being 200 when viewed from another IS3's perspective, that bumber will go further down if you are in a taller tank. 

22 hours ago, GlenoWar said:

I haven't played the JP II yet, but the weak spot in tanks.gg is pretty narrow ring around the gun which I doubt anyone could reliably hit outside of 30m range, and at long range I have to wonder how many shots would actually randomly scatter there intentionally or not. As far as HD nerfs go, it doesn't look any where near as significant as the M4 or Centurion mantlet nerfs.

The weakspot in tanks.gg seems smaller than it really is. I played it right as it waas nerfed and I played a short while but the difference is very noticeable. Wiggling still works but given it has a narrow gun traverse it fucks up your aim and lowers your effective dpm. It's still good but the weakspot makes the tank more annoying which is a big thing given that it's already a turretless TD.

27 minutes ago, Nekommando said:

Is IS-3's armor really that good? On tanks.gg the UFP is only 180-220, mostly being 200 when viewed from another IS3's perspective, that bumber will go further down if you are in a taller tank. 

IS-3s will bounce tier 10 medium guns on the side 1 shot in 3, The tank is 3 parts stalinium and 2 parts bullshitium. It honestly has no place in tier 8. Without a doubt the trolliest armour scheme in the entire game.

AMX 50 100 - 2 You don't deserve to be in the top 5 with your worst in tier gun handling, begone you unreliable sack of merde
Pershing - 48
T32 - 33
Obj 416 - 31
IS-3 - 81 -

AMX 50 100 - 2

Pershing - 45 Low alpha. APCR is great, but other med have better gun in any way, DPM - reloads way faster for 320 instead of pathetic 240, Alpha, even base acc the same, but FAR better gun handling! Not sure where does "laser gun" came from, that ppl never played Obj obviously. And 330 HEAT is way better than Pershing APCR. And too slow for my taste.
T32 - 33
Obj 416 - 32 Platform is awkward, so it forces you to use brain more than any other tank in game. I would not trade that obscene camo for gun depression - and a taller tank. It is just so easy to hide the tank behind slight irregularities in the terrain. Managed to get into hull down in Ruinberg, on the road from northern base to cap.

Small dip was enough, not even a shallow crater required. Get unspotted. Get out unspotted. Fire to reset, and move 2 m in front into "tank down" position. Used to do it only with ELC. Fast tank on any terrain, very agile, too. Can make circles around E 50, and sidehug it, too. Smart players can throw you off by using hard cover, but your dpm can kill them much faster than they can find a house or a rock nearby.  

IS-3 - 81 Gonna win. When top tier it smashes faces, when in tier 9 you can still be top by dmg sometimes.

But Obj is so comfy to play in any matchmaking, on any map. The tank itself is not comfy, but if you play it not like a generic medium, but TD&facehugger&sidehugger, close support (sometimes 50 m from front, you can hide behind everybody, and snap heat even through 3 seconds reload windows) this is such a blast. Performance against higher tiers is staggering, so good that if the maps were just a little bit more open, this would win more than IS-3.

Maybe I am too passive player to get most of IS-3. Maybe I hate tanks with long aim time. Or gold that is not tier X level. But parking in front of E 100&Type and blasting them to death never gets boring. Sidehugging almost everybody. 

That tank just prints WN8. And credit bleed is not so bad as pershing/T-54, 200 base penn is more then enough against most targets in tier, and reload short enough that you do not need to pre-load gold.

AMX 50 100 -  -1 The gun handling is awful. The 6 shot clip can be great when you just want to get rid of someone, but not when you have to reload for 50+ seconds and 3 enemy tanks are waiting around the next corner.
Pershing - 46
T32 - 33
Obj 416 - 31
IS-3 - 81

On 6/8/2016 at 0:06 PM, sr360 said:

110 - 12
AMX 50 100 - 13
Pershing - 52
T32 - 36 - 3 = 33
Obj 416 - 36  
IS-3 -  74+1=75, Yes.Go for 100.

We have finally arrived at a point where I own 75% of the tanks remaining. 
I'm still not going to vote. Cause I'm not very good at tanks after all.
You are welcome.

Pershing - 46+1=  47 Extremely comfy and good for winning
T32 - 33
Obj 416 - 28-3=25 I recognize its an astoundingly good tank, but its not as comfy
IS-3 - 82

Pershing - 47 
T32 - 33
Obj 416 - 25-3=22  The least flexible tank here, though it is capable of outstanding things
IS-3 - 82+1=83. 17 to go

Pershing - 47 
T32 - 33 - 3 = 30 I really dislike this tank mainly because of the gun. Why WG has not buff the AP pen after all these years?
Obj 416 -16 
IS-3 - 85 + 1 = 86 I brought this tank for the 3rd time and I really really starting to like it.