Sign in to follow this  
Madner Kami

New Premium AC4

So, stats are there in Tanks.gg. It looks a lot like a Firefly with better gun control but less DPM and less mobility, despite better top speed. I personally think it's a bit superfluous as a T6 medium. Imo they should make it a T6 TD instead. The turreted british TD-line still needs a crew-trainer and both Firefly and this tank are going to be a lot more of a TD than they are mediums.

Meh, the British turreted TD line is a bit of a stinker line IMO, with only the tier 8 Charioteer and the tier 9 Conway being the least meh of a very meh line.

TBH, I don't expect a premium to come out for this line specifically at all, as it isn't played much. It makes more sense to keep the AC4 'Thunderbolt' as it's IRL designation as a medium, because there's more of a market that way.

Anyway, I'd imagine this thing being nice to use. Excellent depression makes it much more comfy than the Firefly, due to it also being lower height wise. The armour is also better and the gun stats pretty decent. It won't feel gimped as the 17lbs gun has a dank gold round and decent base pen, meaning it can fight back when bottom tier, albeit with low alpha.

2 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

So, stats are there in Tanks.gg. It looks a lot like a Firefly with better gun control but less DPM and less mobility, despite better top speed. I personally think it's a bit superfluous as a T6 medium. Imo they should make it a T6 TD instead. The turreted british TD-line still needs a crew-trainer and both Firefly and this tank are going to be a lot more of a TD than they are mediums.

just train your all your british crews with crom b in stronks, then spend 100k credits to swap them over. ezz. i got a 4 skill british heavy crew from crom b

I would expect that if they put it in as a TD, itd come out to close to the challenger... cuz, you know, TDs arent allowed to utilize mobility to its fullest extent. (i.e. shit gun handling and turret traverse).

6 hours ago, Sgtturret17 said:

I would expect that if they put it in as a TD, itd come out to close to the challenger... cuz, you know, TDs arent allowed to utilize mobility to its fullest extent. (i.e. shit gun handling and turret traverse).

I didn't mind the challenger lol, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, its a very good MT :P

36 minutes ago, The English German said:

I didn't mind the challenger lol, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, its a very good MT :P

Except you can't mention one thing where it's better than Comet for example.

So, I bought this thing. I'm just too much a fan of the 17 Pounder to skip it. It basically behaves like a Firefly with improved gun-depression, although the mobility is a bit worse as expected. The better top-speed does come into play once or twice a session, but most of the time you'll drive about at 30 to 40 max. Gun is snappy at shorter ranges, a bit temperamental when it comes to peek-a-booming at longer ranges, but as long as you can go hulldown, the turret is surprisingly sturdy (though not reliable) so you can aim in a second or two and with the gun being mounted pretty high in the turret and the cupola barely being a target, it's a tough thing to aim at from range as well. This is pretty much the Premium-"Firefly" I was hoping it would be. I like and recommend it.

4 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

From what I've seen, either tank isn't stellar or the players who bought it.

The biggest flaw is lack of mobility. It's slow to pick up speed and you'll not reach top speed unless you are driving along flat roads for an extended amount of time or down a hill, limiting the carry-potential a lot. Just as the Firefly, it's more of a tank-destroyer than a medium tank, imo, as your abilities are naturally inclining you to be a background-damage-supporter for your team, instead of someone who puts pressure onto the enemy by flanking. As such, it obviously stands or falls with the teams you get.

The speed is a massive hit to the tank. 60kph top end, but the acceleration is so bad you never reach it. Bleh.

Otherwise, very fun tank to play. The Bromwell is better as a T6 prem, but isn't terrible.

Oh and it has a forward mounted penis

3 hours ago, RiflemanUSMC said:

What is the recommended equipment setup on this?  Vents? GLD? rammer?

If you have a halfway decent crew, I recommend optics instead of vents. The problem with this gun isnt the aimtime but the bad bloom coupled with the blisteringly fast turret traverse speed which means your reticle is bigger than a Japanese heavy every time you turn your turret. GLD does little to mitigate that.

On 6/26/2016 at 10:24 PM, Madner Kami said:

The biggest flaw is lack of mobility. It's slow to pick up speed and you'll not reach top speed unless you are driving along flat roads for an extended amount of time or down a hill, limiting the carry-potential a lot. Just as the Firefly, it's more of a tank-destroyer than a medium tank, imo, as your abilities are naturally inclining you to be a background-damage-supporter for your team, instead of someone who puts pressure onto the enemy by flanking. As such, it obviously stands or falls with the teams you get.

I agree. More than that, this tank is the only tank in which I expect to get hit bu stuff like FV304s and penned. The HP/T isn't the only issue IMO with the mobility, The mediocre terrain resistances unlike the Firefly and the Chi-To means that you cannot evade arty effectively. The agility means that even poking up ridges to do what hulldown tanks like this is supposed to do takes forever, and increases your exposure time quite a lot.All this means that it's better off as a TD but the shitty accuracy, low DPM, and unimpressive shell velocity makes that difficult at times.

As a turreted TD I feel like the VK3601 with the konisch/waffe gun does the job far better: it has similar agility and top speed, but with 200 more HP, armour that lets you bully and hulldown reasonably, much better snapshot ability, much better at redline sniping, higher viewrange and better DPM.

I expected this tank to be some kind of cross between the Firefly and the Chi-To. While the extra pen is nice, I cannot help but feel that the Chi-To is better in most roles.

Krugg won't shut up about it. He's like "omgomgomg dude buy this tank it's so easy to average insane dpgs for t6 in" but it doesn't look like my cup of tea.

Just got this from tankrewards, seems better than I expected. Mostly because the mobility isn't as hurting as I feared, it moves about like any average medium when I expected it to be sluggish. Gun is legit; pen is awesome with solid handling and DPM, good shell velocity, solid alpha. The extreme pen means accuracy isn't that important either, and 171 AP means it's cheap to run. Gun depression with a small turret is nice, view range is adequate, camo is solid, doesn't present a big target in general. It's basically a turreted TD like a wolverine or Jackson. It's not much of a pushing tank since it has no armor but it's basically a TD that can do non TD stuff too since it has a turret and some HPs.

I also got for tankrewards and I like it but that sluggishness drives me nuts. Want to be as slow as a tog (maybe slower) just drive  up a small bump. The terrain resistances are just stupid well played WG. http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:cromwell-b.c:cromwell.c:ac-4-exp

First Ace http://wotreplays.com/site/3003004#siegfried_line-acumen-ac_4_experimental

the very next game 2nd Ace http://wotreplays.com/site/3003031#serene_coast-acumen-ac_4_experimental

On 07/10/2016 at 4:34 PM, Acumen said:

Incidentally anyone know what the wn8 values are for this tank? I can do 1200 damage and still only get green/teal?

Same here, I've played for 100 games and no Mastery Badge yet, and my average xp per game is near my Cromwell B which is 2 MoE.  Which is weird because this thing is a Achillies with more depression, and hitpoints, but it gives up everything else the Achillies has, so I'd expect it to have a WN8 on the low side.  So only the most unicum of unicum must be driving this thing.