RichardNixon

WN9 poll 2, scale + account WN9

Which numerical scale should WN9 use?  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Which numerical scale should WN9 use?

• Base 300 (unicum 420)
    • Base 320 (superunicum 500)
    • Base 450 (superunicum 700)
    • Base 650 (superunicum 1000)
  2. 2. What percentage of battles should account WN9 use?

• 50%
    • 55%
    • 60%
    • 65%
    • 70%

On 6/6/2016 at 1:59 PM, RichardNixon said:

2. Currently account WN9 caps the maximum weight (battles) of each tank, so players who only play one tank well get hit pretty hard. I'm scared to put this to a vote. It fits both the achievement metric and skill metric arguments so it's staying anyway.

rip yato and me.

1 hour ago, Megrin said:

rip yato and me.

It's not a huge effect in your case because you have other decent tanks. It's an interesting reference point though: On the base 300 scale you drop from 460 to 450 account WN9 with the weight cap, compared to 475 in the Obj 140.

When do you guys plan to introduce it officailly? 

Really appreciate what you do for the community!

Does these color limits stay stable at numbers (like 500 for sunicum) or do they slowly drift upwards over time like wn8?

5 hours ago, Acumen said:

pretty sure http://wotlabs.net/eu/player/Mr_Plinkett would argue the point.

5 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

Emu87 was playing before gold-for-silver era :doge:

1 hour ago, PsYChoP0mP said:

Mr_Plinkett toons, spams heat from his T-54 and does not really have amazing individual tanks stats. Look it up.

Yeah that Mr_Plinkett has virtually the same Skoda T 50 stats as me, and good but not amazing stats in all his other tier 9 and 10 tanks. Some are clearly below average for a superunicum, such as his T-62A stats.

He's just a reroll who has optimized tank selection to pad WN8, to a degree that no one else has before. It says a lot that his most played tank is the M46 Patton - gold spam much?

I would say in today's meta the best players around should average around 4k DPG on the good tier 9s, and 4.5k DPG on tier 10s (i.e. the X3N4s, TCAmirs of the world). Mr_Plinkett doesn't even come close.

Is there a way to scale the % used to generate Account WN9? 

Less than 10k battles, use 70%
Less than 20k, use 65%
Greater than 20k total battles, use 60%

In my case specifically, the first... oh, 10k battles I was sub 1500 recent WN8. Quickly got better, been at minimum 2700+ WN8 since.

3 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Less than 20k, use 65%

In my case specifically, the first... oh, 10k battles I was sub 1500 recent WN8. Quickly got better, been at minimum 2700+ WN8 since.

What fueled the rapid improvement? You were a Minion then, right?

5 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Less than 20k, use 65%

It's possible, but I'm not sure I like the consequences. It buffs experienced players vs rerolls, but also stagnant experienced players vs progressing newbies. It's also another two arbitrary points to choose :P

On 07/06/2016 at 1:44 AM, bjshnog said:

[1] In that case, I would vote for a lower percentage, and suggest a "pre-recent" WN9 be added to the main stat page of WoTLabs for the purpose of measuring improvement. Or maybe a second recent rating for the interval between 1000 and 2000 battles ago. If the system can handle all that.

[2] It might also be useful or interesting to calculate another "recent" WN9 on WoTLabs using the same weighting technique as the "account" WN9, but for more recent battles instead of best tanks. Then you might have a recent rating that adjusts for single-tank "padding".

[3] What kind of cap is it? Does it cap the weight based on the proportion of battles in the tank or just the raw number of battles? I would recommend the former (because some players play a lot more than others). [snip]

1. It's interesting that no WoT stat site will give you a skill progress graph (segmented recents), even though that's possible with their data. I guess it wasn't really worth doing with WN8 because it was so dependent on the tanks played. Similarly, per-class results are much more useful with WN9, so maybe they'll become more popular.

2. I considered this, although with adjustments based more strictly on stock grinds and crew skill progression. The main block is that recent calculations are already pretty complex, and the code would require additional inputs over what was used for WN8 recents.

3. I wrote it with a proportional cap initially, but switched to a flat cap. It makes more sense as an absolute grind & crew skill adjustment, and gives better results to progressing newbies. A proportional cap uses a wider selection of tanks for low battle count players, but that's not necessarily a good thing. The expectation with a flat cap is that if you've played more battles, then you should also play more tanks, which seems reasonable to me.

There's a class of low battle count rerolls that it doesn't punish, but there's already a huge padding opportunity (thx to newbie MM) in just playing tier 1 and stopping before 2500 battles. If people really want to create joke accounts with ultra-high WN9 then that's the easy option. You can also do the usual premium + strongholds to dodge any grinding penalties, which makes the weighting irrelevant.

@RichardNixon thank you for all the effort you've put in two this. It would be much apreciated if you could give me a way to make small financial token of gratitude o you personally. And now to my questions. Any idea when this will be completed and is there anything I can do to help. I have been following the development since Easter on the original thread 

On 6/6/2016 at 8:59 PM, RichardNixon said:

Sorta both. Lowest 30% of battles, but selected by tank. If you have a small number of battles in a lot of badly-played tanks, then they'll all get dumped.

How about small number of battles in tanks well-played? I mean it's not a big deal, but i.e. I have like 86 (badly played) games in AMX 12t from the time I was even more shit than now and then finished my Easy 8 in 30 games with good (for me) results. I do realize that those 30 games don't have much influence account wise anyway, just curious.

12 hours ago, Taze said:

How about small number of battles in tanks well-played? I mean it's not a big deal, but i.e. I have like 86 (badly played) games in AMX 12t from the time I was even more shit than now and then finished my Easy 8 in 30 games with good (for me) results. I do realize that those 30 games don't have much influence account wise anyway, just curious.

Well, the Easy 8 games will be included and the AMX 12t games won't. Even tanks that you aced in one battle and dumped will be included, but they won't count for much of the total.

This might be a stupid question since I only skimmed through the posts, but has wn9 been implemented yet or is it still in progress? If it is where can I go to check mine?

On 6/20/2016 at 7:38 AM, DHP said:

I think this is out of date as it is not using the 650 format. 

On 6/18/2016 at 8:47 PM, teehee555 said:

This might be a stupid question since I only skimmed through the posts, but has wn9 been implemented yet or is it still in progress? If it is where can I go to check mine?

It is still very fluid as there is no final yet as to the format. (to the best of my knowledge which is not that much)

I have little stake in the game as I am not good enough but I would cap all scores super uni scores i.e on 650 scale all super uni would score at 1000 flat.