I was going to make a long review about my experiences playing but I have no idea about NDA and all that bullshit, so just TL;DR: if this is what WG envisions for their game, it's been a good run but it's over, the game is for the tomatoes now. This is just the first test run and undoubtedly a lot will change, but if they really believe long range fire is still some problem then I don't even know what game they're playing-and yes, long range fire is practically useless now. The overall feel of all these changes is basically capping flexibility to the point where it finally is a fully teamwork dependent game even though none of the mongoloids in this game ever uses a shred of teamwork.

After reading Taj's post I'm somewhat stunned that after God knows how many patches that buffed HTs directly and indirectly they are still going forward with turning the game into "World of Heavy Tanks".

The changes are completely terrible, if they are kept the way WG described.

Pretty much every each of them screams "PLAY HTs".

I'm so glad I got rid of my account - before shit hit the fan...

To quote myself from half a year ago:

Incase WG dev reading, you can thank me later by putting my name in the EULA: Changes powered by GM

(same text as in link)

==================================================================

The following points are key:

1. Many players are terrible, joe avg sucks, especially in a casual game like wot, many daddys and young kids
  2. WG wants many players, especially casual`s and daddy`s

This means the game needs to be designed in suchs way that joe avg can have fun, BUT

1. There are also good players
  2. A game needs good players to which joe avg can look up to, so he has a reason to improve (like some1 said above, those lol pro`s, all 1337 wannabees want to be like them

So what WG needs to do is offer a game in which joe avg can do reasonable well (``pwn``) while it should also have depth (check) and complexity (check) to reward good players.

THE most important thing is thus that all the bads are channeled in a certain direction, in wot that means they either all play arty, TDs or heavys.

Go guess whats the best for both bads and unicums?

If all bads play:

• Arty they can pwn once in a while due to RNG, but its incredible retarded for the rest (no explanation needed)
  • TD`s, we saw that in 8.6-9.6, tier 9/10 TDs everywhere, almost as retarded as arty-party`s, except now the bads also cry, due to gold ammo and ``OP mediums`` (camo (ab)used etc)
  • Heavys, we saw that in beta and now (a bit)

If all idiots truck along in heavys, they can not:

• Suicide rush
  • Herp Derp yolo better players (or atleast, not how an T62 can fuck a purple KT, because ``purple must die``)
  • Bomb people on the other side of the map (like arty can)
  • Camping wont be reward, since no camo / relative poor gun (compared to TDs)

It does reward going forward and doing something, since standing in the base means crap game after crap game, if they all herp-derp to some random places they can do something.

It also alows them to ``pwn`` something once in a while.

Having all joe avg in heavys is for unicums also better since:

• You wont be yoloed by bat chats
  • No 5 arty every game to fk u
  • No 6 TDs defending base
  • Your team might actually do something (since all a heavy can do is crawl forward and stomp the other team head on)

So if WG wants to make wot succesfull: Heavys need to be the best class by some margin for average players!!

How? Thats something WG needs to figure out, the map changes of last year atleast made heavys good, but it made mediums frustrating, not less powerfull as class, same for TDs, give back old maps and everything is back to the old again. I think jey changes are the following:

• Remove HE penetrations, completely, and remove AP / HEAT for arty (less one-shots, good for everyone)
  • Reduce HEAT / APCR dmg with 20%
  • Rebalance tanks effected by the above, E100 more AP pen and less hitpoints, give some tanks new ammo (either to buff or to nerf them)
  • Remove certain OP gold ammo alltogether, like T54 HEAT, give it 275 APCR like M46 has and its fine
  • Undo the camo changes, so it stacks again, so a Jp-E100 in a bush has 0 camo, since 0 base camo x 25% bush camo = 0 camo

With the above changes, the game will be way better, an even bigger change could be by adding tier 11 heavy tanks, and give tier 10 TDs and tier 10 arty -1/+1 mm, so they can only figh tier 9-11 and not tier 8, tier 11 heavys might be very hard to find though + it opens crying tier 11 mediums and TDs (which we dont need...)

Heavy tanks should be dominant, so joe avg can drive around with those, if heavys are tanks are more powerfull the game is better, and anyone thinking that World of heavy tanks is worse as World of Arty of World of camping tier 10 TDs is an idiot, and NO idiots can not play mediums, so you can choose, arty, TDs, or heavys..., i know what i choose....

ps: there will always be a class ``dominant`` in terms of sheer numbers and general meta, always, and since that is a given, its for me a no-brainer which class that should be...

========================================================================

It seems like these changes will do all the above, no more arty pens, heavy becoming noob proof, mediums too hard 4 noobs, no more OP gold ammo and camping wont be rewarded anymore.

If the changes work out as i hope they will, the game will improve vastly, if wg fuck it up (like 30% pen drop on AP and a accuracy nerf???) it will just greatly change the game, and not reall improve it.

But overall having heavys as ``the best`` is good, since for my sanity, and for unicums (unicums, not gold spamming red line campers who farm purple numbers in E50): morons in heavys > morons in mediums > morons in TDs > morons in arty, we had them first in arty, after 8.6 in TDs, now in mediums and autoloaders, and hopefull in 9.16 in heavys.....

There is a difference between making HTs better for average Joe and making all other classes obsolete for players of every skill level.

Let's take lower tiers for the lulz. Remember T67, once a pretty uber tier 5 tank? Well, with the proposed changes, the T67 will struggle to hit a KV-1 at any distance other than "brawling distance" due to sigma change, and will struggle to pen it unless <100m.

Which means you're forced to brawl in a clumsy unarmored 300hp tank, asking yourself WTF are you doing. Why not play a KV-1 instead? or even better, OI-Exp? :D

Same thing can be said basically about every tank in this game that isn't a frontally tough HT. This even screws up many HTs because tanks like Tiger 1 took a hit as well.

If I were still in WoT, I'd literally sell all my non-Heavy Tanks and proceed on seal clubbing with OI-exp 24/7.

"Heavy tank" as a term is obsolete anyways. Half the tanks that are considered "heavies", are more of an uparmored medium and can't exactly fill the role of what people generally consider a "heavy tank's job". Whether their role-as-assigned will reflect this, I doubt however. I'm very much convinced, that they'd shy away from the categories, once they realize that almost all breakthrough and assault tanks are russian. Not to even consider the fact, that all their non-assault or non-breakthrough tanks are rendered useless by their set design-goal (reduce the effectivenss of ranged comat).

I would like to note, however, that while theyre nerfing the likelihood of hitting dead center, they also buffed the shit out of most vehicles accuracys on the last known release of vehicle stats. I wanna say the leo was something absurd like .14 accuracy. So in the long run even though the shell might be more likely to hit the outer rim it would still be more accurate over all since the aiming circles would be smaller. Unless they undid the accuracy values from before.

2 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Big problem is they put MBT hybrids with boxy tanks and they expect 105s to bounce WW2 tanks...

It's ironically funny at this point how Gaijin of all people are planning on adjusting their MM to split off post-war tanks from WW2 tanks after noticing the similar problem of high pen guns.

12 hours ago, tajj7 said:

On Vbaddict there are currently 61 vehicles in game that bounce over 40% of the shots fired at them, is that not enough?

Well out of over 420 vehicles released to the public...

==========

What about exploring improving armor without touching thicknesses or penetration by making normalization a positive number for at least some round types?

10 hours ago, TheSovereign said:

I would like to note, however, that while theyre nerfing the likelihood of hitting dead center, they also buffed the shit out of most vehicles accuracys on the last known release of vehicle stats. I wanna say the leo was something absurd like .14 accuracy. So in the long run even though the shell might be more likely to hit the outer rim it would still be more accurate over all since the aiming circles would be smaller. Unless they undid the accuracy values from before.

If memory serves me right, that was just for the Leo 1 and maybe a couple other tanks.  Other stuff stayed roughly the same on paper.  The reason the leo was so accurate was it gave up almost everything for speed, absurd accuracy, and absurd pen.

I'd want to double-check, but that's what I remember seeing in the first leak.  At this point, there's an NDA too, but the current stats are public right now anyway.

15 hours ago, Yuri_Yslin said:

There is a difference between making HTs better for average Joe and making all other classes obsolete for players of every skill level.

Let's take lower tiers for the lulz. Remember T67, once a pretty uber tier 5 tank? Well, with the proposed changes, the T67 will struggle to hit a KV-1 at any distance other than "brawling distance" due to sigma change, and will struggle to pen it unless <100m.

Which means you're forced to brawl in a clumsy unarmored 300hp tank, asking yourself WTF are you doing. Why not play a KV-1 instead? or even better, OI-Exp? :D

Same thing can be said basically about every tank in this game that isn't a frontally tough HT. This even screws up many HTs because tanks like Tiger 1 took a hit as well.

If I were still in WoT, I'd literally sell all my non-Heavy Tanks and proceed on seal clubbing with OI-exp 24/7.

Oh, if they really put this on live they didnt fix anything, they simply overnerfed and overbuffed everything, making whats not total crap then total OP and so on, like how gold ammo destroyed the balance the first few patches.

My guess is that WG is gonna pull negiotating trick 1.0, and that is ``how do i built 10 things of x without people goign full retard?``

• Say you built 20 things of x
  • People rage they dont want it
  • Say you listened carefull and built 10 of x
  • People are happy you listened and you got what you want

Wg is now using absurd numbers, both for testing values and to let people rage, next test they tone down a bit, more people test and it gets accepted (it was even worse before afterall)

Even if WG had nerfed all gold pen by 10mm people would either rage or complain it doesnt change anything, hence WG shouldnt listen at all to people, everyone wants their favorite class / tank to be OP and the rest shit. Howeber 95% of the people or so never visits the forum (real number, cant find quote, perhaps @Ectar knows the numbers of players / forum visitors) so what the large majority wants will never be known (unless they all leave in large numbers...)

14 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

"Heavy tank" as a term is obsolete anyways. Half the tanks that are considered "heavies", are more of an uparmored medium and can't exactly fill the role of what people generally consider a "heavy tank's job". Whether their role-as-assigned will reflect this, I doubt however. I'm very much convinced, that they'd shy away from the categories, once they realize that almost all breakthrough and assault tanks are russian. Not to even consider the fact, that all their non-assault or non-breakthrough tanks are rendered useless by their set design-goal (reduce the effectivenss of ranged comat).

Yeah, thats the real problem, only russian heavy tanks have proper armor and can attack (and some german tanks to a lesser extend)

2 hours ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

If memory serves me right, that was just for the Leo 1 and maybe a couple other tanks.  Other stuff stayed roughly the same on paper.  The reason the leo was so accurate was it gave up almost everything for speed, absurd accuracy, and absurd pen.

I'd want to double-check, but that's what I remember seeing in the first leak.  At this point, there's an NDA too, but the current stats are public right now anyway.

Imo thats good, on tier 6 or 7 there are big differences between medium tanks on tier 8-9-10 everything over time became more and more the same:

• Nobody has armor
  • All have good gun handling
  • most have a 105mm 390 dmg gun with 270 pen and 340 heat

Sure there are some outliners, STB with bad gun handling or T62 with less alpha dmg and good turret, but in return there like 4 RU med clones..

Amx 30b, Leopard, CAX, M48, E50m, STB they all are ``more or less`` the same, if you would rank them from paper to armor: Leopard, Amx 30, CAX, STB, M48, E50m, you also rated them from mobility and comfort. Sure, leopard and E50m or M48 are different, but Leopard and Amx 30? or Amx30 and STB or CAX? or CAX and M48 or E50m?

Its not E100 vs T110E5 or Maus vs IS7, totally different tanks, i myself really hope that this rebalance will make tier 9-10 mediums ``different`` again, leopard and 30B high penetration, STB dpm + alpha dmg, T62 dpm + rof M48 everything a bit, CAX less gun handling as m48, but more pen, E50m high pen, but bad dpm etc

14 hours ago, Covalent said:

It's ironically funny at this point how Gaijin of all people are planning on adjusting their MM to split off post-war tanks from WW2 tanks after noticing the similar problem of high pen guns.

We don't need fragmentation here but that's is problem with phat boxy tanks, they are ineffective with new MBTs. 

So instead of reinventing the wheel, they need adjust pen and that's about it. As i see now, problem HTs facing is high SPG dmg, Maus is still stronk for example when you face them, but it's slow and gets shit on. Same goes with all slow tanks. 

They have big Hp and all around well armor.

23 hours ago, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

Youre right, now that I look up the info back off like page 3. Most tanks did get their accuracy buffed but only slightly. Not enough to notice even on most. Some got nerfs as well.

Still wondering what is going through their minds...Buff armor sure I get that. Make lights faster and nerf everything elses VR? Yep I get that too since T8 lights are pointless vs T10 meds.. but accuracy is not an issue, at least too much accuracy anyway. It pisses me off much more when my shell goes into space than when it just bounces.

Would I get in trouble for posting a Past Broadcast of mine that is an hour and a half of Sandbox Server streaming? Did it before I found out there was an NDA active, plus if no one reports me I should be fine.

As soon as I knew WG was gonna randomly invite people to this sandbox I knew it's gonna be fucked up again. Good multiplayer games have to be balanced around top level competition, the rest is gonna sort itself out anyway because lower level players don't use (or some would say abuse) the mechanics to their full potential. Take CS:GO for instance. I don't like the game but it's working because they gathered feedback from the top players/clans in a constructive environment in order to balance the game out.

Wargaming kind of wants to do it the opposite way, same with supertest. But how are you going to balance a game when 95% of the feedback you get is from guys who don't even fully understand your game in it's present state?

1 hour ago, X3N4 said:

Wargaming kind of wants to do it the opposite way, same with supertest. But how are you going to balance a game when 95% of the feedback you get is from guys who don't even fully understand your game in it's present state?

Can we expect gold buff then :serb:

On 2016. 06. 18. at 10:26 AM, TheMostComfortableTanker said:

It had 45 kph IIRC...

@GehakteMolen, I don't quite agree with you that all mediums are kinda the same in tier 10. While 30B and Leopard is definitely very similar, WG made a great job with theese hidden stats which make tanks different IMHO. Sure, it could use some tweaking but I don't think that the situation is that bad. On a sidenote: almost every T10 med uses the L7 gun (or one of it's licensed version), so having massively different penetration would be quite an odd thing. If we don't take that into account however, than it could be an other balancing parameter.

====================================================================================================

This is kinda a response to your comment GehakteMolen as well, but this is what I was thinking about how they should rebalance the game. I fully agree with you that they should make heavy tanks as the top dogs.

First they should rebalance the maps. It is no secret that the current corridor maps are meant to favourize HT's but it is no secret either that it made the gameplay of other classes bad and "inconvinient". Maps should have more playable area than three chokepoints, there should be areas with vision controll, there should be brawling area with possible flanking routes as well. This way every class could find its role in the game.

Rebalance arty. DUH... Decreasing the pen and the damage is a good start, but this stun thing is plain stupid. If they implement like this, it will make the arty less and more cancer at the same time. They should totally scrap this idea IMHO. What they could do is make arties less RNG dependant so it is not like rolling a dice while you play with them and make hitting moving tartgets a lot harder.

The average penetration of classes (and their main characteristics) should look like this:

• Tank destroyers: They have the highest penetration and high alpha damage, but they sacrifice lone survivability. They have lower view range than other classes and decreased hitpoints, so they are kinda team depandent. There could exist assault TD's and "defender" TD's as well.
  • Heavy tanks: They should have the second highest penetration so they would be each others main enemy. They have armor, punchy guns, but not best in tier DPM and decent view range.
  • Medium tanks: On tier 10 they should have penetration around 240 on average. Some might get more to perform kinda like a sniper, but thoose should sacrifice DPM, which would be the main feature of this class. With this penetration angled HT's could be able to bounce shots but poorly played heavies could still suffer.
  • Light tanks: This is not even about penetration or so, because every LT's rola and playstyle is kinda the same. They should have the best view range and camo and I have an idea how to make spotting with lights easier as well. More on that a couple of rows later.

As for premium ammo: right now APCR is just a better AP ammo while HEAT is the only one which has some downsides. What I think could be an other decent solution:

• APCR: It should have reduced damage compared to AP by ~10%, maybe even 15%, but I think 20% would be too much.
  • HEAT: It should have the same damage as the standard ammunition, but because of its low muzzle velocity, it could be affected more by the "natural elements" (wind) more, so it should loose accuracy over the standard ammo next to the mechanic WoT uses already (spaced armor defeats this shell type). Not to make it flat out better shell, it should loose like 0,03-0,05 accuracy.
  • HESH: This is a shell type which is very poorly modelled in WoT. According to Wikipedia (much source :doge: ) it was designed to scatter little pieces off the inner side of the armour to injure/kill the crew. This could be quite an unique shell in WoT, which would sort of work like a regular HE shell, but it would deal massive critical damage to the enemy.

And for the spot thing I mentioned by light tanks: obviously the spot system needs a fix as well, but an other good balancing parameter they could implement is the refresh rate of "ticks" while checking for spots. Right now the system checks for spots really rarely on long distances which is pretty bad IMO. What they could do is make light tanks check for spots much more frequently on long distances and they could even implement for how long the spots are lit with different kind of classes.

This is what I thought of. I don't know how well it would work, but it would fix quite some problems in my opinion.

2 hours ago, X3N4 said:

But how are you going to balance a game when 95% of the feedback you get is from guys who don't even fully understand your game in it's present state?

This.

45% shitters that never, ever tried to understand the basic mechanics will have a chance to change this game, while people that fully understand (and abuse) how this game works will just sit and watch while this game turns into a steaming pile of shit..

21 minutes ago, Dodge94HUN said:

HESH: This is a shell type which is very poorly modelled in WoT. According to Wikipedia (much source :doge: ) it was designed to scatter little pieces off the inner side of the armour to injure/kill the crew. This could be quite an unique shell in WoT, which would sort of work like a regular HE shell, but it would deal massive critical damage to the enemy.

I think that HESH should get super normalization like 30 degrees but with balanced dmg and penetration.

3 hours ago, X3N4 said:

As soon as I knew WG was gonna randomly invite people to this sandbox I knew it's gonna be fucked up again. Good multiplayer games have to be balanced around top level competition, the rest is gonna sort itself out anyway because lower level players don't use (or some would say abuse) the mechanics to their full potential. Take CS:GO for instance. I don't like the game but it's working because they gathered feedback from the top players/clans in a constructive environment in order to balance the game out.

This post needs to be spammed all over so the devs somehow gets to read it.

They are talking all high and fancy about mechanics they want to introduce or improve, and then invite testers that don't even know how spotting mechanics work. It's like asking a blind to comment on your painting.

That being said, I realise why they would not want to just invite unicas, as it would turn in to a massive shitstorm amongst the plebs. The plebs are a massive group of whales and activity, it can be fatal for the company if they don't let them in on things. But there are certainly ways to filter the feedback, and WG really really should. 

Edit: My quick-fixes would be;

- No more bullshittium alpha like JPE100 and 183 + arties. No more insta-deaths.

- Damage-rolls and pen-rolls should not have +/- 25% RNG, reduce it to topps 15%. No more bullshit pens, no more heartbreaking low-rolls. Make this game less of a laughingstock of e-sports.

- Lowering alpha of all tanks should make the games last longer and be more interesting.

- Max 1 scout + 1 arty every game. I'd take queue-time over shitty 3 arta+3 light games any day. It creates too small HP pools and short games.

- Arty should be re-invented. Shoot an area to light up all the tanks in that area/square and keep them lit for 10 sec, change ammo and shoot a tank to remove all crew skills for 10 sec, change to another ammo to de-track an area of tanks for their full repair speed. Reduce reload-times for arties by a lot after these changes, and make them a more active part of the games. Keep airstrikes in competetive play as it is today.

33 minutes ago, WhatTheSkara said:

This.

45% shitters that never, ever tried to understand the basic mechanics will have a chance to change this game, while people that fully understand (and abuse) how this game works will just sit and watch while this game turns into a steaming pile of shit..

2 hours ago, X3N4 said:

1 minute ago, MissNurki said:

This post needs to be spammed all over so the devs somehow gets to read it.

They are talking all high and fancy about mechanics they want to introduce or improve, and then invite testers that don't even know how spotting mechanics work. It's like asking a blind to comment on your painting.

That being said, I realise why they would not want to just invite unicas, as it would turn in to a massive shitstorm amongst the plebs. The plebs are a massive group of whales and activity, it can be fatal for the company if they don't let them in on things. But there are certainly ways to filter the feedback, and WG really really should. 

@Above: who says WG is listening? :serb: 

All i think its just pandering so people cant rage ``we could not test this``, ``why not listen to community !1oneleven``

Higher management of wot / wg are no game devs afterall, Serb is a nuclear physic or something and so are some others (on top of beiing from the former USSR), they are not like almost all other game developers ingrained with ``we need to please the crowd``, or think commerical or do whatever the community wants, sure WG are sometimes arrogant retards, but they are not the same ``second-hand car salesman retards`` all other game developers are. Normal game devs care for their players because $$ (see battlefield 1, France as DLC, hahahahahaha, hahahaha thats like ww2 with the soviet union or USA as dlc, hahahaha) 

While WG doesnt care, they just make the game how they see it fit, and try to not piss of too many people, or did you forget those awesome serb / storm answers:

• When asked about the T57 nerf, Serb replied: “Will nerf, if needed. If not needed, I won’t nerf.”
  • Question: “Will you remove huge weak-spots from tanks?” SerB says: “Don’t play tanks with huge weak-spots”.
  • In respect to top Soviet and German HE shells being expensive, SerB says: “Don’t shoot top tier German and Soviet HE shells”.
  • Question: “Many players think that the Lorraine is under-powered, will you do something with it?” SerB says: “The opinion of ‘many players’ is very important to us.”
  • After a player complained the T2LT's MM was nerfed, Serb says: “Don’t play T2LT”.
  • Some players are complaining that when the T-50-2 crew moves to the MT-25, their Brothers in Arms skill won't work, as an additional crew member will be required. SerB says: “How terrible” and “The switch was announced a year ago, you could have chosen another.”
  • “Why do you make special missions and awards only for good players , so they gain more exp/credits, grind faster and become more stronger? Don’t you want to support low-skilled players?” SerB says: “The strong will became more advanced, while the weak will receive additional impulse to become strong. We’ll not grind nor think for the weak.”
  • Question: “Some people think that Premium tanks will be removed from the sales, because there are too many of them in battles and the balance goes to shit?” SerB says: “I would tell you what to do with your ignorant opinion… but it would be very rude to refer you to the last word of your 'question'. So I won’t do that.”
  • A player said the Foch 155 needs nerf, so SerB says: “Don’t play Foch 155. Or vice versa – play it, no one will mind.”
  • Another player suggested the T-44 needs a buff. SerB says: “Don’t play T-44.″

And the list of other troll answers is endless, if Serb is again back in charge, we dont have to worry about morons testing and complaining, WG always ignored those anyway, and trolled them if they kept whining, or since pictures say more as thousands words, WG`s opinion on player feedback and forum morons:

stradaj-pidoras.1363609295.jpg

"Hahaha. Suffer, faggot, your suffering makes us happy!"

TL:DR: i think all this testing is just to see how it works, and the whole playerfeedback gets ignored anyway, unless complains match numbers....

45 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

I think that HESH should get super normalization like 30 degrees but with balanced dmg and penetration.

Yes, that is one was to do it, since the whole idea behind HESH is that it spreads on the surface of armour before detonating but it is not supposed to "make damage" in the tank, but in the crew.

1 minute ago, MacusFlash said:

My new WoT motto.

I like the weakspot quote the most, so simple yet 100% troll

• Question: “Will you remove huge weak-spots from tanks?” SerB says: “Don’t play tanks with huge weak-spots”.

you can give that answer on any question, and its always a moron answer, 10/10