CraBeatOff

The Saga of RenamedUser_1002554374

The below is a slightly edited (for brevity mostly) tale of my WoT name change, for posterity and for amusement :-D

Category:
WoT
Sub-category:
Penalty Appeals
I recently had my account renamed, reason unknown. I have had the same account name for the entire 4 years I've played this game, and it's integral to my identity in the game. It's clearly not that offensive, to have been used prominently for 4 years at this point, I expect that I got report flagged by some group of disgruntled players. 

And to further defend my name, crabs are a big part of the culture of Baltimore, MD, my chosen home region. My chosen nickname is a reference to the phenomena of crabs in a bucket, which are continually pulling each other down. I've managed to beat off the other crabs trying to drag me down and rise to a fairly high level in WoT, of which I am somewhat proud. There is of course a nice double entendre regarding crab feasts, sometimes called crab eat offs. 

Please rename my account to CraBeatOff as its been since June 2012. Thanks!

Dear Tanker,

Your username violates our Game Rules and EULA, and as such, we require it to be changed. Don't worry, we are happy to help you with this change free of charge!

Per Chapter 3 of the Game Rules “Names (Players and Clans), Avatars, Images, Signatures & Clan logos” --our naming policies can be found here for your reference:http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum-29/announcement-102-world-of-tanks-games-rules/

We ask that you reply with three appropriate choices for a new user name:

• Choice #1:
  • Choice #2:
  • Choice #3:

You can check whether or not the desired nickname is taken by using our Portals:http://worldoftanks.com/community/accounts/

Thank you very much for your cooperation in this matter. We look forward to working with you to restore you to the battlefield as soon as possible!

Best Regards,

RenamedUser_1002554374 

Hi Andrew, can you point me to the specific rule the name violates. As I've noted, I've used this name for 4 years now and it has not been found offensive previously. Reading over the sections, I cannot find where a reference to crabs, eating crabs, keeping other crabs from dragging me down would be in violation of the naming rules. 

Due to my cultural association with Baltimore, MD and the Chesapeake region, not allowing me to use this name is insulting, per rule

3.07 which contain insults or derogatory comments based on race, nationality, religion, culture, mental stature, sex, or sexual preference.

Andrew Walker 

Hi Tanker,

Thanks for contacting us.

Your name violates the following rules;

3.08 which have an association with sexuality, pedophilia, sexual abuse; or have an offensive connection to the human body or bodily functions. 3.09 which contain nudity, sexually explicit material or content that is otherwise deemed inappropriate.

As it may be slang in your region it too closely resembles inappropriate material and was therefore changed. Please respond back with three appropriate names.

RenamedUser_1002554374 

I'm frankly disgusted that someone would associate my nickname with anything sexual, especially involving crabs. I also have to point out that crab's gonopods https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonopod are nothing like human genitals, and there is no correlation to human sexuality. 

But because I cannot expect the degenerate, disgruntled, base minded, filth brained and dragging-me-down-just-like-real-crabs-do, report-button-mashing masses to understand the cultural importance of my name, please change it to

CrabEatOff

Thanks!

Andrew Walker 

Hey Tanker,

Thanks for getting back to us with a new name.

Unfortunately "CrabEatOff" is already taken and currently cannot be used, do you happen to have a variation on this name or another name you would like to use?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

RenamedUser_1002554374 

There is no one by the name, my old name was CraBeatOff. Account naming is insensitive to capitalization, so with my account re-named, it cannot be in use. Here you can see a name with 3 F and one for clan league winner account. 

http://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/#wot&at_search=crabeatoff

But clearly it was the capitalization that was causing the degenerates the issue, so please use the CrabEatOff spelling for clarity.

Andrew Walker 

Hi Tanker,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I do apologize, as it was your previous name it is locked for 30 days and cannot be used again.

Unfortunately we will need another name to use or if you really want that version of your name back you can contact us again in 30 days.

RenamedUser_1002554374 

I will happily wait for 30 days for the name

CrabEatOff

Thanks!

And as bonus for extra irony...(and yes I realize she doesn't work with support)

Sent: Yesterday, 09:10 AM

Hi Dance, I was out of town for a few days there. I would very much like my account distributed. 

Thanks!

-ThePlayerFormerlyAndSoonAgainToBeKnownAsCrabEatOff

Sent: Yesterday, 09:13 AM

Here is your account information. Remember, please do not share this information with anyone. Oh, and at least for the next few weeks you can be known as BraBeatOff on this account at least ;)

CraBeatOff_CL2

Sent: Yesterday, 09:15 AM

BraBeatOff is actually explicit!

But support is letting me have my name back, its just locked until June 30 :-D

Thanks pal!

Sent: Yesterday, 09:17 AM

Oh jeez :hiding::facepalm:

It's too early in the morning, but I think I need to quit spelling already.... :P

3.08 which have an association with sexuality, pedophilia, sexual abuse; or have an offensive connection to the human body or bodily functions.

3.09 which contain nudity, sexually explicit material or content that is otherwise deemed inappropriate.

How can a name 'Contain' nudity?    (.)(.)

I tried to name my City of Heroes account BooBooKitty, it took me forever to figure out why it wouldn't accept that name

12 minutes ago, Spartan96 said:

I might not have known Dance was lewd but her and jt certainly had my vote for best direct access Community managers :3

Neither are or ever were CMs :fish: