Euchre

I R Bad@tonks in tier X!

So i got my AMX 50 B not long ago, and haven't played very many games in it yet because i feel completely inept anytime i get into it.

I struggled a bit with the 50-120, but generally did ok.  But the one problem i seemed to consistently have with the 50-120 is now even worse with the 50B.

Simply, I don't feel i can effectively get my gun in the game.

I am @ work, so i can't poast replays yet, but can later today or tonight.

The advantage of an autoloader is burst damage.  So IMO the worst thing i could possibly do is pull out from cover and trade shots with someone who has adjacent hardcover.  Them pulling back to hardcover after shooting totally nullifies my advantage of burst. Am i wrong in this?

Due to the weak turret and 30mm side armor, I get caliber overmatch trying to sidescrape from any gun on the field, so that's out.  

The tank is so friggin big that it's hard to find good sniping spots without getting instagibbed by multiple tanks.

That leaves me 2 options, that i have been trying to do, but with little success.

Option 1, terrain abuse trying to keep cover but get in some good flank shots.  I can "kinda" do this on some maps, but size of the tank and shit turret armor makes it hard to flank.

Option 2, is letting others spot for me and abusing view/draw range to not get spotted while i snipe from 450ish meters out.

Is my mistake possibly TRYING to get my gun in the game?

Should i just chill at the base for a couple min and try and find someplace to go?

Should i go help right off the bat with the main push?  

Should i complain that XVM gives us only a 75% chance of winning, claim it's hopeless and suicide into the nearest lake?(lolz).  

I want to get some replays up but can't as of yet.  I will however say that my biggest weakness is heavy type tanks...   I play mainly mediums and "invisitank" style Td's. 

Is there some major piece of the puzzle im missing here, is there an option for getting my gun in the game i didn't cover really?

Or do i have the basic ideas of how to use this thing and just suck at implementing them on this tank?  Should i work at getting a different tank to learn tier 10 in cause the 50B is gimped?

If it's me, im cool with that, i just want to improve.

The 50B is complicated, if you didn't figure out what it needs to do in the 50 100 and 50 120, it won't be any easier in the 50B, because tier 10 is straight up harder. 

There is a thread in the hall of valhalla that covers most of the points about playing the 50 100, and some further tidbits in Antonio's Q&A. Anything else you might need to know, check out Kewei's post about the T57 v 50B. 

My guess is, you didn't learn how to French Autoloader int he 50 100 or 50 120. Can you post up your results from those tanks?

(Wins, kpg, dpg, wn7 and xpg)

Moving to France. 

Option 1, terrain abuse trying to keep cover but get in some good flank shots.  I can "kinda" do this on some maps, but size of the tank and shit turret armor makes it hard to flank.

The speed of the 50B is what allows it to flank.  That's what you should use to your advantage. 

Option 2, is letting others spot for me and abusing view/draw range to not get spotted while i snipe from 450ish meters out.

No.  You don't want to sit way back and snipe with a 50B.  It functions best as a 'second line' tank. 

Is my mistake possibly TRYING to get my gun in the game? No.  You should be getting your gun into the game as much as possible.

Should i just chill at the base for a couple min and try and find someplace to go? Absolutely not.  You need to move out and stay with (behind) your friendlies.

Should i go help right off the bat with the main push?  Yes and no lol.  You never want to be in the front with a 50B.  Stay a bit behind your armored heavies and assist them.  Once you reach the late mid-game to end-game then you can be more aggressive and clip out isolated tanks or work with teammates for the finishing blow to an enemy group.

Should i complain that XVM gives us only a 75% chance of winning, claim it's hopeless and suicide into the nearest lake?(lolz).  In all seriousness please don't take the Win Chance from XVM too seriously.

Never, ever peek a boo or even attempt to side scrape with this tank.  (If you can track an enemy as he pulls out and throw your whole clip into him though, that's a different story).  You want to use the advantages of your tank which are speed and burst damage.  If you've played and had success with quick medium tanks you'll know how to do this.

My guess is, you didn't learn how to French Autoloader int he 50 100 or 50 120. Can you post up your results from those tanks?

(Wins, kpg, dpg, wn7 and xpg)

Moving to France. 

My results for AMX 50 100 are: 300 games, 60% WR, 1.61 kpg, 1850 dpg, 792 exp. per game and 40% games survived.

I played most of my games solo and without premium acc. In aprox. 2/3 of games I play really great and in the last 1/3 I fail miserably. My games are also very fast, after one clip the game is over and in the next 50 seconds of reload I watch how my team either wins or loses. Is that normal?

Gameplay: I follow the biggest blob of tanks and unload my clip on the most important target I can see.  =D

Do you guys think I'm ready for the big boys? I feel like I need to improve something. Do you think my dmg and WR would raise significantly if I started using gold shells for 1st clip?

sorry for ninjaing your thread Euchre  :verysmug: 

Honestly, what I learned in the past few weeks - the best way to learn to play tierX is to play tierX.

Yup i have decided to not play it that much as of yet.  I have been watching replays and such, taking it out occasionally and doing better with it.

Will start working on this a bit more seriously later on, i am to addicted to Russian Td alpha right now:)