Sexy_Dave

Any reason to not skip the ISU 152?

Hey all, so while I'm grinding my way through the Su-152 in preparation for the upcoming on track, Checked the stats out and...

The ISU 152 and the 704 look pretty similar..except for better stats on the 704 gun. 

While I have plenty of free XP, credits are a bit short, not sure if I'll have enough to buy the ISU and the 704 , so just curious- is there anything I'm missing by skipping the ISU and just free XPing to the 704? (Other than one shotting T6 tanks?)

The ISU was a fantastic TD (I think it still is but I'm not sure since things have changed). So you're missing that. There isn't any reason to skip it honestly. Save your free xp.

BL-10 at tier 8, that's all that needs to be said. When I was grinding it I went something like 60k XP over what I needed for the 704 before I realized that I actually had enough - not because I am usually inattentive but because it's actually a fun tank that I didn't check the XP on after every match wondering how much longer until the next tank.

No reason to free exp past the ISU.

Step #1: Face enemy tank.

Step #2: Shoot them in the face.

Step #3: Laugh as you take half of tank's health away.

704 is a great tank. I know you're anxious to go for it. In the right hands a person like Kewei averaged like 4k+ damage (forgive me if his dpg was higher like 5-6k). But yeah the ISU there's nothing wrong with it. Let's just say you talked about the centurion tier 8 medium tank. Id's say fuck yeah free exp past it because the dpm and gun are so shitty. It all depends on the tank mate.

Just now, Never said:

I'd tell you to get it just to hear the death boom, but because Wargaming hates fun we can't have that anymore. Still it's a great tank. Just don't bother getting the 268, it's not worth it.

What Never said. Get the 263. Great td. 

Ok, thanks all!

Yeah I read that the 704 was where to stop, guess I'll try the ISU out.  Think most of teh credits saved are on the T10 anyway.

Gotta agree with Delta and everyone else, the tank is hilariously fun with the Bl-10. 

Another point is that its handy to train you on the playstyle required. If your can master the ISU, the 704 is better and easier to play when you do get it.

That tech tree played a part of my breakthrough into becoming an outsatnding player. Following guides by Kewei, etc showed me the greatness that is camo/view range abuse. My stats were something like ISU152: 3k dpg & 704: 3.9k dpg.

So have fun with the ISU, learn to love it, and before you expect, the 704 will be researchable.

Just play the ISU-152 i know the gun has bad handling but it will train you to get use to the BL-10 gun man, seriously its like dating man you don't skip the introduction and getting to know the person, then move in with them. 

There is no ISU grind.  At least, not after you get the gun.  You simply play the tank, and eventually realize that you have more than enough XP to unlock the 704.  Free xp should be used to skip bad tanks or pick up key modules.  Not to skip enjoyable parts of the tree...

In fact, the ISU may be the highlight of the tree.  The 704 may be a bit better in most respects, but you feel the tier difference.  You're more likely to face 10s, which means tier 10 arti.  You'll never see 100% to 0 in one shot opportunities (except against arti.)

On a personal note, I still have my ISU, but rage sold my 704.  For whatever reason, my 704 chose to be the greatest soldier in my endless war against the dirt.  It could pound the ground on a 100m distant shot, even though the gun was already fully depressed.  "Effective minimum range" was not a thing in my 704.  

ISU-152 >>> Object 704 > Object 268.

Now that i learned to play 268 i think it gets little too much hate (its still not great however). It can be frustating but i feel like i bounce more on 268 than 704, and it is significantly more mobile which is cool. Raw AP pen and HE pen is cool too. Object 704 on other hand is bit overrated imo. Same gun as ISU and similar mobility. Reload isnt that much better either. Armor is troll but never really reliable; i got penned by D-25T once from UFP. HP improvement is cool though but tank is not as fun as ISU because gun doesnt feel nearly as epic anymore. I dont think that Object 704 is "better" than Object 268 like many says. Tier for tier, ofc it is better, but at tier 10 game i still would take 268 just because better mobility, HP, more reliable armor and better pen.

ISU-152 is however by far best of these three and i am actually considering to get it back in future. Why on hell would you want to skip it?

17 hours ago, Sharingan said:

Step #1: Face enemy tank.

Step #2: Shoot them in the face.

Step #3: Cry as your shot goes nowhere near your aim

ftfy

Seriously, I hated the ISU and gave up on the 704 after a few games. The BL 10 trolled me way more than my enemies. I have no idea how anyone can make that gun work.

1 minute ago, Monkey said:

How well does the ISU-152 perform in the current meta? Lol-alpha aside.

Should do still well. It only needs to hit and pen 3 times and it already has done decently.

Thanks to this thread im now thinking to sell 268 and buy ISU back lol

Replying to multiple comments with one of the best lines I ever heard in WoT:

"BL-10 shots always troll someone.  Half the time, they troll your target.  Other half, they troll you."

I hate playing TD's and I love my ISU. I have been playing it in order to get the Personal Missions for the T55A since it is my only high-tier TD. It didn't feel like a grind at all. When the Obj. 268 on Track starts I will be buying a 704, but I will be keeping the ISU.

I regularly get 5k plus dmg, but can't seem to get a 6k game for the final mission in it because everything is dead by then. 

1 minute ago, HairlesMonkyBoy said:

I regularly get 5k plus dmg, but can't seem to get a 6k game for the final mission in it because everything is dead by then. 

I got a 6k.... but that was to complete #14...  Haven't managed to do it since.