Sign in to follow this  
westybig

is my video card ded

been having some trouble with my computer lately, when i try to play games i get a message:

-failed to create a graphics device, exiting

so i tried to download the latest nvidia driver but it said it couldnt work, also when i uninstalled and reinstalled the nvidia program on my computer it says it cant find any drivers.

when nivida wanted to scan my system it wanted me to install java so i did, now some https websties are blocked even though i uninstalled java 

- its says wrong date and time but i changed date and time and they are still blocked

lastly i reset BIOS setting to default by shorting the CMOS battery on my board but while it reset my settings it has not solved any problems

should i get a new card? i dont know any others ways to fix this

RIP

Here lies westy's Video Card

:feelsbad:

all jokes aside i honestly have never heard of a case like yours, especially considering you have virtually tried all of the common steps to problem solve, maybe to much dust in ur system? i honestly don't know.

honestly i would rather just get a new card, which is what ill probably have to do anyway, i could try a reformat, not really feeling that brave yet tho

16 hours ago, westybig said:

been having some trouble with my computer lately, when i try to play games i get a message:

so i tried to download the latest nvidia driver but it said it couldnt work, also when i uninstalled and reinstalled the nvidia program on my computer it says it cant find any drivers.

when nivida wanted to scan my system it wanted me to install java so i did, now some https websties are blocked even though i uninstalled java 

- its says wrong date and time but i changed date and time and they are still blocked

lastly i reset BIOS setting to default by shorting the CMOS battery on my board but while it reset my settings it has not solved any problems

Try uninstalling and reinstalling DirectX, although I'm not sure it's such an error with multiple games. As for websites, it sounds like you got some kind of cancer with Java so run various cleaning tools and try different browsers. Unless your graphics card is really old and terrible (and thus needs an update anyway), I'd go as far as to format the hard drive to eliminate software errors. Basically, half the google results are various DirectX errors, hence why I suggest getting rid of all versions of it and trying to reinstall it.

dont get me wrong i can afford it but when my comp actually works it can run the witcher 3 at max settings 60 fps no worries

thats a good enough benchmark for me

When is the new AMD supposed to come out?   Its rumored to be @ $200 US and supposed to be a shade less in performance than a 980 ti.

good choice for the budget wary

3 minutes ago, xWulffx said:

When is the new AMD supposed to come out?   Its rumored to be @ $200 US and supposed to be a shade less in performance than a 980 ti.

I highly doubt that.

12 minutes ago, xWulffx said:

The only demo that showed anything even close to that was two of them in corssfire being barely better than a single 1080...in Ashes of the Singularity, a benchmark/game engine made specifically for AMD hardware.

47 minutes ago, Shade421 said:

The only demo that showed anything even close to that was two of them in corssfire being barely better than a single 1080...in Ashes of the Singularity, a benchmark/game engine made specifically for AMD hardware.

http://wccftech.com/amd-rx-470-rx-460-announced/

You're right I had forgotten that they were in crossfire, but heck 2 $200 AMD's are still cheaper than 1 980ti let alone a 1080.  The point being was the new AMD cards were offering decent performance at a really affordable price which is why I suggested it to him as he was budget wary. The prices were so good,  AMD's stock skyrocketed.

On 15.6.2016 at 3:47 AM, xWulffx said:

http://wccftech.com/amd-rx-470-rx-460-announced/

You're right I had forgotten that they were in crossfire, but heck 2 $200 AMD's are still cheaper than 1 980ti let alone a 1080.  The point being was the new AMD cards were offering decent performance at a really affordable price which is why I suggested it to him as he was budget wary. The prices were so good,  AMD's stock skyrocketed.

... how long are you planning on using those cards and how much problems do you guess might occur with crossfire over those years?

Add the increase for your electricity bill (for 3-4 years?) and the hazzle for stuff not properly supporting AMD and think if you wanna make the same mistake a million other people made

Single GPU > Multi GPU if the setup is comparable

1 hour ago, GoddamnMoistOwlettesTesla said:

... how long are you planning on using those cards and how much problems do you guess might occur with crossfire over those years?

Add the increase for your electricity bill (for 3-4 years?) and the hazzle for stuff not properly supporting AMD and think if you wanna make the same mistake a million other people made

Single GPU > Multi GPU if the setup is comparable

You're right, heck I run a 980ti, but the you're missing the point, the OP said he was tight with money which was why I suggested an AMD card ...

17 hours ago, xWulffx said:

You're right, heck I run a 980ti, but the you're missing the point, the OP said he was tight with money which was why I suggested an AMD card ...

Yeah thats the point, its only a short term difference and I have no clue if his financial situation changes,

On 12/06/2016 at 4:29 PM, westybig said:

What graphics card is it?

On 14/07/2016 at 0:11 AM, xWulffx said:

IIRC AMD don't have such a bang for the buck lead in Straya for some reason.

1 hour ago, woe2you said:

IIRC AMD don't have such a bang for the buck lead in Straya for some reason.

Actually, anywhere in the Southern Hemisphere...