DirtyACE7

How does one not rage and contribute to a horrific team?

I guess typically I wouldn't be making a thread about something like this but today I have the most frustratingly rage-inducing day of tanking in my entire WoT career. I am honestly dumbfounded just how bad it was. No matter what I did it didn't seemed to matter one bit. Every single loss was a complete roll over with my team barely managing to destroy 3 tanks if that. And it's just feels maddening seeing this. Lately I've been quite consistent with my playing and improving rather quick but today was like a complete slap in the face with just about every single aspect of playing this game especially the teammates. Practically every game I sit there in disbelief thinking to myself "what the hell is happening?" It's just so incredibly frustrating as if so many things are out of my own control and everything is going down the toilet.

How do you guys deal with such ridiculous days?

I just dropped below 54% win rate because of complete shit teams.

I think I'm finally going to install xvm so I can see how my team is and if they are complete shitlords like this past month then I'm just going to sit back, camp and farm.

Cause if I'm not going to win at least I'm going to pad my WN8.

I tried to drown myself in my T20 on mines tonight.  True story, tier 9 game and I got to the rock at H2, 3 arty on each side.  My whole team is camping, I'm literally farthest forward at H2 . . . arty starts focusing my rock, crew gets slaughtered twice by M40/43 splashes, fuck it.  Water was not even deep enough to drown the one fucking surviving crewman.  FML

Played soccer for 15 minutes and logged out.

12 minutes ago, crapcannon said:

I just dropped below 54% win rate because of complete shit teams.

I think I'm finally going to install xvm so I can see how my team is and if they are complete shitlords like this past month then I'm just going to sit back, camp and farm.

Cause if I'm not going to win at least I'm going to pad my WN8.

And the cycle of shitlordy continues. 

Anyways, what I do is pick the flank I'm most likely to win then delete everything there as fast as possible, with one flank cleaned up you don't need to worry about being flanked and you have a better chance of being able to clutch.

21 minutes ago, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

And the cycle of shitlordy continues. 

Anyways, what I do is pick the flank I'm most likely to win then delete everything there as fast as possible, with one flank cleaned up you don't need to worry about being flanked and you have a better chance of being able to clutch.

I'm sure that bullshit works wonders when arty is on your dick the whole game or no one bothers to listen to that siren indicating that someone is stealing your base and either no one bothers to cap even though there's 3 right near it or no one bothers to go reset.

Being that my WN8 has gone up and winrate has tanked indicates that I'm not the fucking problem.

9 minutes ago, crapcannon said:

Being that my WN8 has gone up and winrate has tanked indicates that I'm not the fucking problem.

wut

I can't even

*deep breath*

If your WN8 is going up but your WR is tanking it means you're dealing damage ineffectively (i.e. in the wrong places, at the wrong time etc), i.e. you ARE at least part of the problem.

4 minutes ago, sundanceHelix said:

wut

I can't even

*deep breath*

If your WN8 is going up but your WR is tanking it means you're dealing damage ineffectively (i.e. in the wrong places, at the wrong time etc), i.e. you ARE at least part of the problem

How would you know without a replay to back your statement up?

There are 14 other players on the team. Tell me what they're doing while your at it.

1 hour ago, zapyoug said:

XksVK8F.jpg

I'm surprised you didn't get negged for this since I just took your advise and put it in my post.

What @sundanceHelix says about WR going down while WN8 going up is certainly true. The damage you need to do needs to be effective damage not just farming damage. So this means that you need to take good and vital positions during battle. However, I do completely understand where you are coming from @crapcannon. My own thinking was the same as yours not long ago but it has changed a lot over the last few months. Farming damage and effective damage are very different things and one of the things separating really good players from the rest. That's why some of them have like 65% WR or even higher. They know where and when to do their damage based on how the battle is unfolding. Just keep at it dude and don't give up, even though it can be hair-ripping ridiculously frustrating at times.

30 minutes ago, crapcannon said:

I'm sure that bullshit works wonders when arty is on your dick the whole game or no one bothers to listen to that siren indicating that someone is stealing your base and either no one bothers to cap even though there's 3 right near it or no one bothers to go reset.

indeed, with your skill you deserve at least a 65% win rate :doge:

37 minutes ago, crapcannon said:

I'm surprised you didn't get negged for this since I just took your advise and put it in my post.

The "fuck tems it nut mah fualt. ium gion 2 git xvm and reyl on it nawo" is why you are being negged becuase that is a fucking retarded mentality to play with. :ohnyes:

speaking of said post, I'm going to go neg it now. It burns my fucking eyes.

49 minutes ago, crapcannon said:

You and your shitty defeatist attitude is part of the problem.  The difference between your damage farm and zaps is he isn't a shitty wannabe be chai sniper like you. You giving up gimps your team even more  than they already were. Also, the fact that you value wn8 over winning is fucking stupid. Congratulations you're worse than the pubbies that piss you off.

44 minutes ago, DirtyACE7 said:

What @sundanceHelix says about WR going down while WN8 going up is certainly true. The damage you need to do needs to be effective damage not just farming damage. So this means that you need to take good and vital positions during battle. However, I do completely understand where you are coming from @crapcannon. My own thinking was the same as yours not long ago but it has changed a lot over the last few months. Farming damage and effective damage are very different things and one of the things separating really good players from the rest. That's why some of them have like 65% WR or even higher. They know where and when to do their damage based on how the battle is unfolding. Just keep at it dude and don't give up, even though it can be hair-ripping ridiculously frustrating at times.

Thanks for the positive, mature advise. I'm guessing I'll have to start posting replays.

4 minutes ago, crapcannon said:

Thanks for the positive, mature advise. I'm guessing I'll have to start posting replays.

just a tip! , Fixing your (its not my fault, its always the teams fault) would be a good start to. 

17 minutes ago, crapcannon said:

No offence but unless your are doing a significant amount every game and still fucking losing you have no excuse. Even when I complain I realize this and vent for the sake of venting.

In your case you are barely doing your HPs worth (judging by DPGs in recent sessions) and then leaving it up to a dice roll for the rest of the team on whether or not you win/lose.

If you want to know what you're doing wrong go platoon with someone who's better then you so they can let you know what you are shit at instead of pretending to be who you are not.

As for the OP, just try and win the areas your team has an overmatch in. Think of yourself as the ring leader in a circus that has to lead/coerce his/her circus animals to do what they need to do. Or just get someone better than you to platoon with you and go over what was done poorly and could be improved.

3 hours ago, crapcannon said:

You did get positive mature advice. And then you took a shit on it cuz theres no way you are the problem. What did you even want to hear? Do this that and that and suddenly your pubbies will start to win for you?

Whos gameplay did you come here to improve?

5 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

As for the OP, just try and win the areas your team has an overmatch in. Think of yourself as the ring leader in a circus that has to lead/coerce his/her circus animals to do what they need to do. Or just get someone better than you to platoon with you and go over what was done poorly and could be improved.

In the back of my mind I knew this already but nevertheless thank you @Fulcrous :) My main frustration was just doing everything possible, being on front line, doing heaps of damage (more than your entire team combined) but still coming out on the losing end. I guess I actually needed to post this more to just vent than anything else. I managed to turn things around though and my last 5-8 games were actually quite good and I was able to finish a 65% WR for the night.

2 hours ago, crapcannon said:

Sorry @DirtyACE7 that your topic got hijacked and it's only gonna get worse.

No worries. I hope this thread helps out some people but if not, then oh well.

For you though, I would suggest to start watching replays and streams of really good players if you haven't done this already. This is what helped me tremendously to improve over the last 2-3 months.

6 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

This seems to be the biggest and most critical issue with the current meta IMO. The maps have defined areas that are somewhat isolated from each other. What I'm finding is that most games are a steam roll win. A lot of it comes down to which team sends the most well suited tanks to a battle area in a larger number then the enemy. It used to be that you could divide up your team in 1/2 or 1/3's and spread out, firing into 2 or 3 fighting areas. I find now that it's the team that blobs together on a flank can crush it and then roll onto the next fight and the pubbies know it.

Many games now I can predict the outcome in the first few minutes based on distribution. If our weaker force runs into their stronger force it's over and vice versa. If however the distribution seems to be evenly matched things start to get interesting. It's not a defeatist approach, just observing a trend, you still need to try.

My only advice is two fold: Try to win your fight, that's all you can really influence, and take a small victory in that even in a loss. The other key tactic I'm trying to work on is running away if the odds are overwhelming, retreating to a safer spot to continue to do damage. For me I tend to leave it to late and get stuck in, the games I manage to pull back early I tend to see a slight increase in wins and more damage done to the main force.  That being said I go from top damage and exp in one game to potato camper the next. Good luck.

I try to focus on is go to where most of allies are and try to win as fast as possible but without losing any or very little HP. Then find a good spot for whatever tank you are playing and try to single out opponents and generaly do your best. You will be suprised how much that helps with winning aspect as well as not going on a tilt.