Sign in to follow this  
Fedaykin89

Advice needed for Tier 6 3v3 Contest with Restrictive Rules

Hello all!

There is going to be an internal WoT Tier 6 3v3 Championship at my company, but the organizer of this event decided to not c/p the WG official rules, but implement some "restrictive" ones, in order to ensure a more balanced environment - most notably:

- No more than 1 Tank Class per team (i.e.: no 2 HTs & 1 MT, 2 TDs & 1 HT, etc)
- No prem ammo

- No prem tanks

- No prem consumables

There's quite some common sense with the first 2 rules, since they cancel stronk 3 O-I teams which would have required some gold ammo to be dealt with...

I was thinking about some team compositions, but please take into consideration I'm a complete newbie in organized plays, so any advice, hint or tip would be most welcome:

- MT: Cromwell, T-34-85, E2

- HT: KV-85, T-150, M6

- LT: AMX12t, T37

- TD: Hellcat, JagdPz IV maybe?

- SPG: Bert?

Also, this will be the map roster:
1. Himmelsdorf
2. Lakeville
3. Malinovka
4. Mines
5. Prokhorovka
6. Ruinberg
7. Siegfried Line

No more than 1 Tank Class per team

Does that mean you can only bring a comp of one class, so only 3 heavies, only 3 TDs, or only 3 meds? Or do you mean that you can only bring 1 of each tank class per fight, so 1 med, 1 heavy, 1 light or 1 light, 1 td, 1 arty?

Also, if it is the first option, can you bring duplicate tanks or no?

2 minutes ago, sniper_012 said:

Does that mean only 3 heavies, only 3 TDs, or only 3 meds? Or do you mean that you can only bring 1 of each tank class, so 1 med, 1 heavy, 1 light?

He just explained in the original post - you can't have more than 1 HT, MT etc in the 3 man squad.

Well, from the sounds of it, you will need 2 different set ups due to the map rotations - as long as you are allowed 2 set ups! My choices would be:

City maps -

1 x T-150, 1 x M4 Jumbo (with stock turret and 76mm gun), 1 x T37

Open Maps -

1 x Cromwell, 1 x T37, 1 x Hellcat

For city maps, you need not only armour but also DPM. Jumbo and T-150 can reliably bounce and deal damage, while the T37 can scout and flank.

For open maps, speed and vision are king. T37 and Cromwell can scout/flank while the hellcat can passive spot or help out in an attack.

You could swap out the T-150 for an O-I, but these tanks need support due to long reload times and RNG of HE, and if they have your side, can out DPM you. Don't bother taking arty, it would just gimp you.

A43(or crom b) - A43 has 2800dpm with correct crew/food/equip, semi-bouncy. Crom/b is bread&butter t6 med

KV-85 - use 100mm, fast heavy. I'm not a fan of OI's as they usually just limit strats, esp if 3v3

AMX12t/T37 - both have ~200 APCR pen, 12t has ~810hp burst,  T37 can get max viewrange easily

All these tanks should not have a problem penning an OI, also was going to suggest a 59-16 /w autoloader but it would have problems penning anything with armor (APCR pen is 106)

4 minutes ago, Fedaykin89 said:

No prem ammo for 12t/T37, tho

And oh yeah, completely forgot about the A43!

Right, forgot. 

with no prem rounds, the T150 might be a good juggernaut 

also a british firefly has 171 pen on AP, and since its a M4 variant/chassis thing, it'll prob have good gun depression

53 minutes ago, Migizikody said:

Also a british firefly has 171 pen on AP, and since its a M4 variant/chassis thing, it'll prob have good gun depression

I love my firefly, but it's no good for this type of set up I'm afraid.

It's got really nice pen, but the 17lbs is surprisingly derpy on this tank. Also, a M4 chassis it may be, but it only has -5 gun depression due to the gun breach. It's also painfully slow (like centurion slow!) And has a middling DPM. I would take a Cromwell or A43 anytime.

57 minutes ago, Migizikody said:

With no prem rounds, the T150 might be a good juggernaut 

The reason I suggested it - all round armour and decent gun, especially if premium ammo isn't allowed. The KV-85 is rather soft and dependant on DPM and the O-I is too dependant on having a workman to cover him on reload - something you can't do in a 3 Vs 3 scenario.

As me & my team are going through various tactics on every map, we're having a hard time figuring out (out of all maps) Mines.

In theory, the Randoms tactic according to which winning the hill should still stand, especially for North spawn. In practice however, with just 3 tanks I believe they can bunker down in the town and cap us out & get us rekt if we try to engage them there (i.e.: open map team vs city map team setups)

For instance, sure you can get a fast MT, LT & TD to make sure your hill rush is a success... but what then? Especially if you're from the South spawn, it's a PITA to dig out a capping team.

Note: I forgot to mention that all matches will be Encounter ones, with a 10 min limit

12 hours ago, woe2you said:

Just read through this thread, and I'm surprised to see no mention of the T25. 330 clip with 7.5s reload is devastating, especially with only 3v3.

Without looking at the rest of the soft stats, I'd say that the gun control isn't good enough for competitive play, along with the mediocre penetration.

On a open map, it loses face completely against the Cromwell or A43. On a city map, the Jumbo Sherman has the armor (although you can argue that its gun is definitely weaker than the T25, that's not the reason you'd pick a Jumbo in the first place) while the T-34-85 is more versatile, being both more bouncy and having a gun that packs more punch (along with magic RASHA! gun control)

6 hours ago, Fedaykin89 said:

Without looking at the rest of the soft stats, I'd say that the gun control isn't good enough for competitive play, along with the mediocre penetration.

On a open map, it loses face completely against the Cromwell or A43. On a city map, the Jumbo Sherman has the armor (although you can argue that its gun is definitely weaker than the T25, that's not the reason you'd pick a Jumbo in the first place) while the T-34-85 is more versatile, being both more bouncy and having a gun that packs more punch (along with magic RASHA! gun control)

I agree the AP pen's not stellar, but the rest of the gun stats leave the Cromwell in the shade.