Sign in to follow this  
Zesshin

Upcoming Chinese TDs?

WG China just posted a new article on WeChat (FB equivalent) in which they claimed that according to unofficial sources the Chinese tier 10 TD will be based on the 113 chassis. The article included some stats, a few screenshots and a the vehicle description:

Description: In consideration for potential future armored vehicle threats, the Chinese Army developed a Tank Destroyer based on the 113 chassis. The plans were ultimately shelved due to the cancellation of the 113 heavy tank project.

Health: 2000

Horsepower: 750HP

Weight:47 tons

Horsepower/Ton:15.95 hp/t

Top Speed:45/15 km/h

Traverse Speed:30 deg/s

View Range:380

Armour:160/90/70

Gun:152 mm 59-152TJ

Damage:750/750/1100

Penetration:290/380/90

Shots/min:3.8

DPM:2850

Reload Time:15.7894

Accuracy:0.33

Aim Time:2.1

Depression/Elevation:-3/+15

D7TTdCu.jpg

c5plX08.jpg

FuW7NO0.jpg

If anything, this looks like a tier 10 ISU. Given that this is the Chinese server, even if it looks fake it might get implemented (just like the 59-Patton and the 121B). As you can imagine the Chinese players are very excited. At least it certainly looks interesting.

113 + ISU-152? Combining my favorite TD and one of my favorite heavies?

OMFG MUST HAVE, IF THIS THING IS COMING IM GONNA FUCKING POWER GRIND IT

Very good chance that it is fake tank (looks like one, even though it looks awesome aswell) though, but who knows, 113 itself might be very possibly be fake too (like many hightier Chinese tanks) so at this point no one cares.

This is what Object 268 should have been. Looks like its very good TD, apart from utterly garbage depression (its chinese...chinese tanks are naturally so happy that they dont have depression...). Its better than 268 on absolutely everything apart from pen and depression, so if this happens, its ultimate nail into coffin for 268. Its already one of worst tier 10s in the game, and last thing that will demolish it completely is bring tank that outclasses it completely.

15 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

113 + ISU-152? Combining my favorite TD and one of my favorite heavies?

OMFG MUST HAVE, IF THIS THING IS COMING IM GONNA FUCKING POWER GRIND IT

Very good chance that it is fake tank (looks like one, even though it looks awesome aswell) though, but who knows, 113 itself might be very possibly be fake too (like many hightier Chinese tanks) so at this point no one cares.

This is what Object 268 should have been. Looks like its very good TD, apart from utterly garbage depression (its chinese...chinese tanks are naturally so happy that they dont have depression...). Its better than 268 on absolutely everything apart from pen and depression, so if this happens, its ultimate nail into coffin for 268. Its already one of worst tier 10s in the game, and last thing that will demolish it completely is bring tank that outclasses it completely.

afaik tanks with WZ and Type in the front are okay-historical...

121 might be linked to Type-69... The heavies though... even searching in Chinese won't help any.

On 17.6.2016 at 0:53 PM, Unavailebow said:

afaik tanks with WZ and Type in the front are okay-historical...

121 might be linked to Type-69... The heavies though... even searching in Chinese won't help any.

WZ is a designation given to project-/prototype-vehicles that made it beyond paper-proposal-status (it's meaning is, very roughly translated "Armed Armored Combat Vehicle" or "Weapon Armored Combat Vehicle"). Type is the designation for projects adopted into service, designating the year of adoption. WZ-120 is the project that became the Type 59 in reality, WZ-121 (existed) became eventually the Type 69. A number of variants existed on the 121-basis, but the 121B never made it beyond basic planning phase (no WZ). 121A became the Type 69-IIA and 121D became 69-III/Type 79.

Ingame, the designation can't really be translated into whether the vehicles are historical or not. For example, the WZ-131 was adopted as the Type 62. The WZ-132 never existed (what we have in game is actually an upgrade-proposal for the Type 62, that never made it beyond paper-status - details are hard to come by, but what we know as WZ-132 is possibly the WZ-131A/Type 62A, though a 100mm gun was never fitted to any prototype afaik). Meanwhile, the 121 (no WZ, no Type, just 121) did exist as the WZ-121 and lateron Type 69 in reality. WZ-111 never happened and was only ever a paper-proposal, 113 wasn't even a paper-project, 110 was a WZ, but never adopted. Logically, that TD? 59-Patton-territory.

44 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

(snip)

110 was a WZ, but never adopted. Logically, that TD? 59-Patton-territory.

Actually, 111 is WZ, a prototype hull with a casemate survives to this day; while 110 isn't built, though some Polish IS-3 have more pronounced pikenose rather like 110 ingame.

And I'd bet that TD is fake af.

5 minutes ago, Nekommando said:

Actually, 111 is WZ, a prototype hull with a casemate survives to this day; while 110 isn't built, though some Polish IS-3 have more pronounced pikenose rather like 110 ingame.

And I'd bet that TD is fake af.

Yup, sorry, confused the two.

704 2.0, 160mm armor on the front is nice but slope doesn't seem good enough to stop most tier 9-10 shells from going through. The cheecks are probably 90mm side armor but from what I can see will be autobounce when shot frontally.

Tank is probably fake as hell, but as long as it is properly implemented it won't bother me in the slightest.

1 hour ago, Madner Kami said:

WZ is a designation given to project-/prototype-vehicles that made it beyond paper-proposal-status (it's meaning is, very roughly translated "Armed Armored Combat Vehicle" or "Weapon Armored Combat Vehicle"). Type is the designation for projects adopted into service, designating the year of adoption. WZ-120 is the project that became the Type 59 in reality, WZ-121 (existed) became eventually the Type 69. A number of variants existed on the 121-basis, but the 121B never made it beyond basic planning phase (no WZ). 121A became the Type 69-IIA and 121D became 69-III/Type 79.

Ingame, the designation can't really be translated into whether the vehicles are historical or not. For example, the WZ-131 was adopted as the Type 62. The WZ-132 never existed (what we have in game is actually an upgrade-proposal for the Type 62, that never made it beyond paper-status - details are hard to come by, but what we know as WZ-132 is possibly the WZ-131A/Type 62A, though a 100mm gun was never fitted to any prototype afaik). Meanwhile, the 121 (no WZ, no Type, just 121) did exist as the WZ-121 and lateron Type 69 in reality. WZ-111 never happened and was only ever a paper-proposal, 113 wasn't even a paper-project, 110 was a WZ, but never adopted. Logically, that TD? 59-Patton-territory.

Incorrect. WZ (Wu Zhang, 武裝), literally means, Arms.

If you remember WZ-111-5A. Not even WZ-111 exist, some sauce claimed it has 5/7 specs.

WZ-132 is WZ-132. 121 is not WZ-121.

110 and 113 I cannot find anything on it, not even searching with chinese characters.

If those are the documents given by KongZhong, I doubt the accuracy. Avoid wikipedia, anything Chinese to do with wikipedia is problematic.

17 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

Incorrect. WZ (Wu Zhang, 武裝), literally means, Arms.

If you remember WZ-111-5A. Not even WZ-111 exist, some sauce claimed it has 5 specs.

WZ-132 is WZ-132. 121 is not WZ-121.

110 and 113 I cannot find anything on it, not even searching with chinese characters.

If those are the documents given by KongZhong, I doubt the accuracy. Avoid wikipedia, anything Chinese to do with wikipedia is problematic.

WZ, Wu Zhuang alone means indeed arm/weapon, but that in turn is just an abbreviation for 武器 装甲战车, Wuqi zhuangjia zhan che. 111 had a hull built, just google for an image, though one could argue that it had a different designation, as the hull doesn't perfectly fit what we have in game, imo. 110 has plans, though one might argue that the lack of a primary source hints at a fabrication. But the project itself was mentioned in a list of a third-party site that I can't find anymore. The site was considerably older than WoT, so a tailor-made fabrication like 59-Patton seems unlikely.

7 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

WZ, Wu Zhuang alone means indeed arm/weapon, but that in turn is just an abbreviation for 武器 装甲战车, Wuqi zhuangjia zhan che.

That's why we hate Mandarin.:damn:

All hail Cantonese.

CANTONESE MASTER RACE

28 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

That's why we hate Mandarin.:damn:

All hail Cantonese.

Btw, 武装 is also an unabbreviated term in of itself, so you're not completely wrong there =]]

The fact that this might be fake doesn't bother me. The fact that it is not a confirmed fake is enough when you combine it with the reasonably believable story behind it; I.e. Destroyed in nuclear testing

13 minutes ago, Tupinambis said:

The fact that this might be fake doesn't bother me. The fact that it is not a confirmed fake is enough when you combine it with the reasonably believable story behind it; I.e. Destroyed in nuclear testing

Because our ancestors are REALLY that madly loyal enough to go suicide for da country, I mean they really did a sh*tload amount of nuclear testing.

Well actually they can "make" it real relatively easily, documents are made in China after all

It might not be real but they claimed it :serb:

至於你信不信 我反正信了
^Whether you believed it or not, I just believe it.

32 minutes ago, Tupinambis said:

The fact that this might be fake doesn't bother me.

It's perfectly reasonable to fill gaps you can't plug with real stuff with "what if"s in my book and I wouldn't be bothered either, if they wouldn't remove perfectly belieavable and not-overpowered tanks from the game, because they're fabrications. It's the double-standards at display that irks me. While russians get away with KTTS and chinese with that thing or the 59-Patton, an FV215b is not allowed to exist and Black Prince doesn't get the speed boost it would've gotten from it's top engine in reallife or the projected fitting of the Centurion-turret (seriously, look it up, it had an estimated speed of 28km/h with the Meteor engine and the turret, albeit it would be argueably weaker than the currently fitted one, would open up the 20 pounder for this T7 heavy).

4 minutes ago, Madner Kami said:

It's perfectly reasonable to fill gaps you can't plug with real stuff with "what if"s in my book and I wouldn't be bothered either, if they wouldn't remove perfectly belieavable and not-overpowered tanks from the game, because they're fabrications. It's the double-standards at display that irks me. While russians get away with KTTS and chinese with that thing or the 59-Patton, an FV215b is not allowed to exist and Black Prince doesn't get the speed boost it would've gotten from it's top engine in reallife or the projected fitting of the Centurion-turret (seriously, look it up, it had an estimated speed of 28km/h with the Meteor engine and the turret, albeit it would be argueably weaker than the currently fitted one, would open up the 20 pounder for this T7 heavy).

You can fill an entire team with KV-4 competition papers:serb:

Wanted a su 54 clone based on the 113 with the 263 gun.

You can still make that the tier 9, Chinese server. Please don't disappoint me.