Copeyhagen

Batchat 25t Ap, Tier 9 Baby Batchat

so, the tier 9 lorraine replacement has been revelaed in more detail, it deserves its own thread now.

thats dezgamez review.

im looking forward to it, 2.6 sec aim time standard, he has it down to 2.3 with equipment.

232 pen, 300 damage in a 6 shot clip with approx 45 sec drum reload...

opinions?

It is literally Batchat Jr.

Everything is just downgraded except for gun handling it seems. Having that T8 gun is going to be a problem though. I see using WG logic that you're supposed to flank with this...but in reality it's going to struggle in a T10 match...

Edited by jackquerudo

Batchat Jr was fun in the one test server game I played. Only problem I see (besides random 4th crewman) is the limited ammo capacity: just like the Bat Sr. it only gets 30 rounds, so if you can't afford all-APCR you can easily end up with partial clips. Went with 18-12 AP-APCR, didn't fire enough to run into problems in the one game I played but I can see it being a factor.

It's okay tank, looks better than Lorr.40t.

Two problems - 380m view range and loader. WG said they're gonna compensate for loader if you have Lorr.40t but I think you'll only get a guy with 100% base skill. Aaaand you're fucked if you don't own Lorr.40t already.

Also, @jackquerudo it does get 100mm gun like Lorr.40t as elite gun, so it should be fine.

I'd rather be in a 50 100 than that PoS in tier 10. You're going to end up playing more aggro than you should in that and ultimately make more mistakes than if you were in the lorry imo.

We need to see the soft stats on this. Right now the differences I can see from the lorraine:

• +5 seconds longer clip reload
  • -20 view range
  • 2° worse gun depression (only -6° instead of -8°)
  • 15% lower specific horsepower
  • Requires loader
  • Much better profile

Mobility compared to the Lorraine will depend strongly on terrain resists....let's hope they're pretty low. The gun is a clone of the Lorraine's with same aim time, accuracy, intraclip reload, but with an extra five seconds on the clip reload. Seems odd. We'll have to see what the dispersion values are to get an idea of the gun handling. The profile is a good bit better and hopefully the camo is improved.

Overall it doesn't seem any better than the Lorraine to me. Maybe the combination of some improved gun handling, good terrain resists, and the lower profile will make it better than I think.

I'm a tad confused as to why the reload is longer than it was on the Lorr.

You gain a loader out of the blue because the french govt was thinking more people in little small tank would make the reload faster after the 13 90, but he is such a lazy piece of shit that he gets fired when you upgrade to the tier 10.

Edited by rojo180
more memes
34 minutes ago, dualmaster333 said:

We need to see the soft stats on this. Right now the differences I can see from the lorraine:

• -20 view range
  • Requires loader
  • Much better profile

Mobility compared to the Lorraine will depend strongly on terrain resists....let's hope they're pretty low. The gun is a clone of the Lorraine's with same aim time, accuracy, intraclip reload, but with an extra five seconds on the clip reload. Seems odd. We'll have to see what the dispersion values are to get an idea of the gun handling. The profile is a good bit better and hopefully the camo is improved.

Overall it doesn't seem any better than the Lorraine to me. Maybe the combination of some improved gun handling, good terrain resists, and the lower profile will make it better than I think.

Now I've never played the lorry or the bat (outside of the rampage mode) and I dont know what the dispersion values on either are with the 100mm nor what the ground resistances are but I imagine the ground resistances would be fairly close to those of the bat and I imagine the gun handling would likely be worse at least compared to the bat's 100mm gun per normal when two tanks have the same gun. Assuming those values are the same or slightly worse how do you expect it would stand?

30 minutes ago, Inciatus said:

Now I've never played the lorry or the bat (outside of the rampage mode) and I dont know what the dispersion values on either are with the 100mm nor what the ground resistances are but I imagine the ground resistances would be fairly close to those of the bat and I imagine the gun handling would likely be worse at least compared to the bat's 100mm gun per normal when two tanks have the same gun. Assuming those values are the same or slightly worse how do you expect it would stand?

The Lorraine and the Batchat have the same gun bloom values and terrain resistances. If the BabyBat gets these values, it'll only have the advantage of a smaller profile over the Lorraine. Along with all the negatives listed above.

" – What about Lorraine replacement? In 9.15.1 it apparently goes like this: old tank with crew is taken away, and the new has an incomplete crew! – Is the patch out yet? Crew will be fixed; "

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/06/27/qa-27th-june-2016/

Chances are the 4th crewmember won´t make it to the live-server

(Or alternativly every other tank in the line now gets a loader which would be hilarious but unlikely)

7 hours ago, dualmaster333 said:

• -20 view range
  • Requires loader
  • Much better profile

Terrain resistance is a bit better on the baby bat than the Lorraine, plus its got a bit better turret dispersion too.  Here's a fancy pic comparing the baby bat to the Lorraine

v5Nioqw.jpg

1 hour ago, Rexxie said:

Does it get batchat armor? Thats a pretty huge deal, the Lorraine's armor is its own brand of bad.

Nope.  I'd go as far as to say the baby bat has even worse armor.  UFP is 30mm with most other relevant areas being 25mm or thinner.  It gets up to 70mm in certain places, but those are all mostly flat.

What's the difference between this bat jr and the old t9 bat, other than looks and better mm?

Worse gun but a better platform?

uh...

I kinda think that this is gonna be worse than the Lorr.

I'd like to see a comparison between this and the T50.

I played a couple of games on the ts and it is a better progression from the 13-90 to Bat but plays like a T9 13-90 with the disadvantage of being a medium.

18 minutes ago, Tichinde said:

I'd like to see a comparison between this and the T50.

I played a couple of games on the ts and it is a better progression from the 13-90 to Bat but plays like a T9 13-90 with the disadvantage of being a medium.

Can't imagine this being worse than a 13 90, that thing is just awful with the gun handling while the gun handling on this is actually good.

had a couple of matches on CT..

me gusta, it's a nice little tank that plays like a 13 90 with crappy camo rating and better fire control..

i don't mind the clip reload time, i'm used to be ammoracked in my t57 most of the times :damn:

i found it to be a way better approach at the Bat playstyle than the lorr was, due to small size and mobility

Nobody said anything about camo, but this thing must have much much better camo than the lorr, no ? 

27 minutes ago, DHP said:

Nobody said anything about camo, but this thing must have much much better camo than the lorr, no ? 

12.1% vs 8.7%.

Basically russian medium levels of camo. On the higher side for tier 9 mediums but nothing amazing. Slightly worse than Batchat.

I'd say the biggest difference between the baby Bat and the Lorr is that the Bat feels like an assassin. The smaller profile works wonders, and the mobility is still pretty solid. Maybe it's me driving something that simply looks like a Batchat, but I found it a lot easier to get into the right mindset for playing the vehicle.

17 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Does it get batchat armor? Thats a pretty huge deal, the Lorraine's armor is its own brand of bad.

actually worse than Lorraine :P 

30/25/20

Ok i have tested this baby on the TS and I have to say that this tank will play NOTHING like the lorr. This thing is trully a little B-C 25T, It is very mobile, much more nimble, much smaller you can actually do things that you would not do with the lorr due to the sheer different in size ! You can actually get to scouting location without getting spotted like a barn ! If WG fixes the 4th crew like they say they would and also rebalance the view range to 390 maybe 400 this will trully be a scoutlike tank just like the 25T is ! If they fix both of theses thing it will be a keeper for sure !