Copeyhagen

Batchat 25t Ap, Tier 9 Baby Batchat

1 minute ago, no_name_cro said:

I'm starting to think it's just different flavor of Lorr.40. It's less bulky and gun handles better and is faster, but it has considerably less ammo and reloads slower and has worse view range. Generally I'd be a lot happier if it had a bit more view range but it's alright, size matters a lot. :doge: 

Yeah the size is better...and it's a better playstyle for sure.  I've not yet played the tier 10 Sr Batchat so my guess is that this is actually a much more similar playstyle to that than the Lorr was.  So maybe that's good.

Last match I played in it was on Lakeville.  We had south spawn and I was moving for a forward spotting position but a Bulldog from the other side rushed into the city and took a position on the top road on our side of the church.  For some reason this bulldog was stopping our HTs from pushing in but their HTs had stopped to snipe the road so I looped in, clipped him out and got out only taking one shot of damage from a T110E5 that had just gotten to the church courtyard.  I think this will be where the baby bat can shine.  Swoop in, clip out, run.  But I'm a crap player so what do I really know.

1 hour ago, Grasschopper said:

Yeah the size is better...and it's a better playstyle for sure.  I've not yet played the tier 10 Sr Batchat so my guess is that this is actually a much more similar playstyle to that than the Lorr was.  So maybe that's good.

Last match I played in it was on Lakeville.  We had south spawn and I was moving for a forward spotting position but a Bulldog from the other side rushed into the city and took a position on the top road on our side of the church.  For some reason this bulldog was stopping our HTs from pushing in but their HTs had stopped to snipe the road so I looped in, clipped him out and got out only taking one shot of damage from a T110E5 that had just gotten to the church courtyard.  I think this will be where the baby bat can shine.  Swoop in, clip out, run.  But I'm a crap player so what do I really know.

Yeah they play pretty similar. Snipe or sweep are preferred choices. 

A clip reload is major issue for me also, but as long as team doesn't fuck up totally you can always get behind someone to reload. I once drove in parallel with arty so they can't hit me. :serb:

But I do like gun handling, gun feels a lot more reliable.

Welp, I love this tank and cant wait for the bat.

I prolly would have three marked it by now, but I put a crap load of tilt games on dropping the DPG from 3.1k~ to 2.5k  :drunk: 

just wondering, since i am 30k xp away, i was wondering whether to run gld or vents? (my first two choices are optics + vstabs)

or should i stuff view range altogether and go vstabs gld vents? i think i wont because anything to help the anaemic vr will be good.

Grab up the vents over the GLD, the AP has a decent aim time, and if you have BiA+food+vent stack, you get vr and aim time. Otherwise you just get aim-time with the GLD.

5 hours ago, Joyrider216 said:

Grab up the vents over the GLD, the AP has a decent aim time, and if you have BiA+food+vent stack, you get vr and aim time. Otherwise you just get aim-time with the GLD.

ty joyrider, i wasn't sure after the kv2 like bloom the 13 90 suffers- as the baby bat chat was a med i wasn't 100% sure on equipment, and my only other tier 9 med is a leopard prot

14 minutes ago, garryallen said:

ty joyrider, i wasn't sure after the kv2 like bloom the 13 90 suffers- as the baby bat chat was a med i wasn't 100% sure on equipment, and my only other tier 9 med is a leopard prot

If you can afford to stack BiA, food then definitely use vents. I use GLD since I prefer it that way, but biggest difference will be reload time. 43 or so seconds without bia, vents and food is fucked up.

11 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

If you can afford to stack BiA, food then definitely use vents. I use GLD since I prefer it that way, but biggest difference will be reload time. 43 or so seconds without bia, vents and food is fucked up.

no food- i may just play this is a platoon then so i dont piss pubs off while using them as cover. and im planning on bia, but my crew is 1.8 skills?

5 minutes ago, garryallen said:

no food- i may just play this is a platoon then so i dont piss pubs off while using them as cover. and im planning on bia, but my crew is 1.8 skills?

Then it's up to you. Do you like aim in faster when you stop or you want slight boost in every stat? I generally avoid vents unless I stack food and BiA with it.

im not sure, ill start with gld and see what happens, unless i got spare vents in depot.. I'm too poor to have tier 8 prems, and Cromwell b and su122 44, fun though they are, don't crap credits as fast as a ripper patton, so ill see what stuff i got spare.

On 7/29/2016 at 5:02 PM, no_name_cro said:

This thing should just start with damaged engine and crew member dead.

Pretty much this the first shot I take every effing game.  Trying to do a quick running pass to peak, maybe a pot shot and hit cover?  ENGINE DAMAGE!  Right now I hate this fucking thing.  I had a decent WN8 and win rate in the Lorry and I've just watched it plummet since getting this tank.

4 minutes ago, Ruestir said:

Pretty much this the first shot I take every effing game.  Trying to do a quick running pass to peak, maybe a pot shot and hit cover?  ENGINE DAMAGE!  Right now I hate this fucking thing.  I had a decent WN8 and win rate in the Lorry and I've just watched it plummet since getting this tank.

Engine, turret ring, ammo rack, gun and gunner die a lot.

Somehow I hoped it would perform better than the Lorr since it's a lot smaller = better camo and less of a skypig target. I really want to like it, but the module damage, lack of depression and typical French autoloader RNG kill it for me.

I find this an absolute joy to play,

I run 12 AP 18 ACPR and I tend to use my AP first and then switch to apcr which really helps with credits. I honestly dont think going full APCR would make much difference at all even though the shell velocity would be nice but dont feel like wasting 30-50k per game!

I Only have a 2 skilled crew so no BIA on it yet but vents/optics/vstab and food and this really feels like a mini bat.

The only Issue I have is every fucking game I have to use my rep kit for the engine, might as well just run a small rep kit from now on since I will use it on the engine within the first minute anyway :kappa: 

5 hours ago, Caomhanach said:

What about just BIA and vents, no food? I'm poor.

Solution, Stop being poor 

but to answer your question its fine, just dont try to snap to much, unless you are circling someone let it aim for a bit,

once you have played 10+ games in a row you will get a feel for the gun anyway.

8 minutes ago, Saffee said:

Solution, Stop being poor 

but to answer your question its fine, just dont try to snap to much, unless you are circling someone let it aim for a bit,

once you have played 10+ games in a row you will get a feel for the gun anyway.

Why didn't I think of that before? Its all so clear now!

Thanks. Yea, I've played with the gun on the Lorr for about 50 games, but apparently I sucked with it. The slightly better gun handling plus being 70% through the third skill set with Snap Shot and Smooth Ride should make it fine to drop the GLD. Or so I hope.

After having played it for a bit, I already enjoy it more than the Lorr.  Maybe it's something to do with not being the size of a fucking barn, or maybe the gun handling is significantly better and I just don't remember (because I stopped playing the Lorr the moment I heard it was being replaced with this).

Agree on the module damage though, on my most recent match with it, I died to a 13 90 because he broke my turret on his first shot and I had already used my rep kit on my ammorack.  The hull traverse alone wasn't enough to catch him.

Then he broke my ammorack again with the third shot and killed me with his 5th.