Copeyhagen

Batchat 25t Ap, Tier 9 Baby Batchat

After grinding out some credits with @CraBeatOff, I picked this thing up for funsies. Wasn't expecting a whole lot, but I really like it. It's not even considerably worse than the T10 bat and it has the most frustrating part of it (gun handling) smoothed over. Also, despite it only have 380m view range I find vision/scouting to be a lot easier when every game isn't packed full of 470+ view range T10 meds.

Definitely keeping this one around.

Recently bought it back and three marked it. 

The gun handling is great for an autoloader and is kind of a mix between the T10 Bat, Skoda/TVP. Full APCR really allows this tank to shine, I wouldn't play it any other way. (Like most of the other 9's :gachi:)

068b3832b1928f3781952e4bed356274.png

I played it for a few games this week and just couldn't get excited. Module damage plus the long clip time just left me feeling weak or ineffective. I won't buy and crew one. It did have nice gun handling though.

6 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

I played it for a few games this week and just couldn't get excited. Module damage plus the long clip time just left me feeling weak or ineffective. I won't buy and crew one. It did have nice gun handling though.

It really needs a platoon for it to shine. There were a lot of games where I just couldn't get the damage out at some points. Clip time coupled with low enemy HP pools would leave me at barely 2.5k sometimes. 

I've started to get the hang of it, except for the clip time - its a huge step up from the 13-90 in every way.  I still carry some AP in it, but I don't know why - the 2 button is like a cocaine filled brownie tempting me every 43 seconds . . . 

Did the bulk of this grind with 320 ping and stability to match. So only got to really appreciate this tank for the last 60k of the grind. The clip management has taught me that my situational awareness and micro positioning are still truly awful and that food is mandatory for good times in certain vehicles. With food and a willingness to hit the 2 key I think this tank feels really powerful, even for a shitter like me. Without...? Only reaching 436m view range with vents, c/optics, and BiA sucks. Hence it's probably too expensive for me to run for it to be a keeper.

Also, I suspect the 3 MoE requirements are relatively low? I got a second mark while not doing much of anything.

The ultimate glass autoloader. If anything hits you, you lose modules AND crew, every time. So it teaches a lot of hard lessons about positioning and how to time your attack and possibly make it out. 

Definitely not a keeper. Sold the instant the almighty Batchat 25t was in the garage. 

Lol just noticed I started this thread the day before I was in a motorcycle accident that left me in hospital 4 months. 

Thinking of buying this now, but don't have a spare french crew at the moment.. 0 skill crew sounds like TORTURE. Might wait till I have a few females to use.

On 17/02/2018 at 6:28 AM, Copeyhagen said:

Lol just noticed I started this thread the day before I was in a motorcycle accident that left me in hospital 4 months. 

Thinking of buying this now, but don't have a spare french crew at the moment.. 0 skill crew sounds like TORTURE. Might wait till I have a few females to use.

4 months? Ouch. Mine was just a 10 day stay of which 3 were in ICU. Cured me of motorcycles.. almost cured me of life entirely. Play safely, my friends..

2 wheeled modes of transportation feel so good yet hurt so bad. I managed 1.5 years on crutches without a motor. Still hobbled like some gimped piece of shit over 2 years after the accident. Anyone who says mountain biking is good for you can....

One of my brothers also broke his neck in a motorbike accident. So lucky not to be dead or paralysed. But as he put it at the time: ‘if I was lucky I wouldn’t of fucking crashed in the first place.’ 

Hope your recovery is going/has gone well @Copeyhagen

Cheers I'm not too bad now, open fractures on both arms, dissintegrated wrist, open fracture of femur and broken back. Lol. Could have been worse - good Irish way of looking at it

What would be the best upgrade path? Got the medium gun first, since it is lighter, more pen, more alpha, all better.  But now comes the choice of grinding for the topgun which is nearly tripple as heavy, or the engine+tracks to increase mobility (and hopefully survivability).

Picked this tank up with a Holiday Ops discount. My crew isn't very good yet. I appreciate that the French tree is fairly incestuous and this vehicle has only one turret, so the stock grind is easy. The gun, however, manages to miss quite a lot. I think I'll enjoy the tank, but it's going to take some work before I'm any good with it. 

5 hours ago, Tarski said:

Picked this tank up with a Holiday Ops discount. My crew isn't very good yet. I appreciate that the French tree is fairly incestuous and this vehicle has only one turret, so the stock grind is easy. The gun, however, manages to miss quite a lot. I think I'll enjoy the tank, but it's going to take some work before I'm any good with it. 

I did the same thing. I'm greatly enjoying it, but I'm kind of awful in it. I do however have a three girl crew that I had set aside for this day a long time ago. I was even enjoying it somewhat stock, but that's probably because I loaded nothing but APCR with the stock gun. Now I just have the second gun researched.

On 2/14/2018 at 12:26 PM, Gryphon_ said:

The ultimate glass autoloader. If anything hits you, you lose modules AND crew, every time. So it teaches a lot of hard lessons about positioning and how to time your attack and possibly make it out. 

Definitely not a keeper. Sold the instant the almighty Batchat 25t was in the garage. 

I rebought it, having forgotten why I sold it. Dammit.... take a toolbox and repair skill to the max to preserve sanity.