Assassin7

**UPDATED** - [Experiment] how much does gold spam Actually affect your stats?

35 minutes ago, _Assad said:

I sling gold at things that dont need gold and use standard on things that need gold. Only to piss people off.

And this is why your signature says

RIP RECENT WN8

:doge:

22 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

-snip-

This challenge is bad because you cant fight E-75s with AP in the t29. So ofc APCR is going to net you better stats. Would probably do better if you found a nice Tier 9 that has a enough AP pen to fight tier 10s so you wont get biased results that come with being bottom tier. Gonna recommend Conqueror for this tbh, you can do basically everything with AP. APCR just gives shellspeed and better snapshot potential.

8 hours ago, Shackram said:

I don't think the word challenge means what you think it means.

It's not going to be a challenge if you set it up to be done the easiest way possible, by picking the tank with the best gun in tier (a known clubber in it's tier at that) and having an excuse ready to be able use gold rounds to get yourself out of tough spots.

I used experiment,  not challenge.

I will do full AP if you want. 

48 minutes ago, Gandaran said:

This challenge is bad because you cant fight E-75s with AP in the t29. So ofc APCR is going to net you better stats. Would probably do better if you found a nice Tier 9 that has a enough AP pen to fight tier 10s so you wont get biased results that come with being bottom tier. Gonna recommend Conqueror for this tbh, you can do basically everything with AP. APCR just gives shellspeed and better snapshot potential.

Im probably not the best person to do this because I refuse to solo above tier 7 and dont have any APCR tanks i would like to play for 50 games in a row at that tier. (though the earlier mentioned T-54 would probably still work because of the sheer difference in gold pen/AP pen)

7 hours ago, HabNab said:

I'm curious why you think doing the challenge in something like a Comet wouldn't give good results. If there is a difference, wouldn't it be easier to see on a tank that has a large difference between the standard and gold round? Isn't part of trying to disprove the logic that gold rounds make you purple showing that a low pen tank can be effective without them?

Comet cant fight tier 8s without gold. (also i hated that tank) 

Also im limited by whats in my garage, sort of. Im not on enough credits to rebuy, equip, and crew a new tank (and if it was the comet i would have to retrain my Action X crew for it)

TL;DR excuses

I could do it in another tank if people seriously wanted. I could use the Pershing, but the problem with running tier 8s is that at my prime time I will get nothing but tier 10 MM. The conquerer as gandy said would probably be a good idea but I havent even touched the brit heavies, same story for the E-50.

I picked the T29 because it was a tank i felt comfortable soloing in which had enough pen to decently fight tier 9 without gold ammo. I wanted to see the difference in stats so i didnt think how high the stats for each session were would matter, simply the difference between them.

I have another account i could possibly use, i think it has the E-50 so if people really want me to I can use that. (might also have the conquerer, im not sure)

so, I have another account that I could use the E-50 to do it. 

would probably give better results, but its got a fairly shitty crew (95% on second skill)

19 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

so, I have another account that I could use the E-50 to do it. 

would probably give better results, but its got a fairly shitty crew (95% on second skill)

If the crew has Sixth Sense it's plenty enough, rest makes very little difference.

2 minutes ago, Stige said:

If the crew has Sixth Sense it's plenty enough, rest makes very little difference.

of course it does

lhg4Sbg.jpg

(and its got way more credits which would make it easier lol)

fucking hell the E-50 loses its engine and its ammo rack every fucking game, I can have one or the other but not both.

If you're going to use a 2 skill crew I would recommend training repairs and camo. Your set up right now just looks painful.

Yep, i didnt set the crew so that wasnt my choice, and I dont really have gold to retrain. I would go repairs and gun handling tbh

It definitely can spike your damage up on some tanks. And I'm pretty sure that most of my really high Wn8 tanks I used generous amounts of prem (T-54, T69, T54E1). Just going off the 3 that I know I spammed prem in I'd say it is good for 500-800 on the Wn8 score for a given tank. 

Consider AMX 30 Premier Prot or Leo PTA~

Good enough pen where its totally reasonable to not shoot gold, unlike something like a T54 where obviously youre going to get a boost from 60% more pen.

Tier 9 Skoda is an option too.

It appears you may have started already.. rip

I'll try it with the skoda. I'm not going to shoot full heat though, probably going to split the ammo 9 APCR 36 HEAT and then do the opposite for the no goldspam part. That way I can't spam a certain shell but I can always switch in case of emergency.

21 minutes ago, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

I'll try it with the skoda. I'm not going to shoot full heat though, probably going to split the ammo 9 APCR 36 HEAT and then do the opposite for the no goldspam part. That way I can't spam a certain shell but I can always switch in case of emergency.

I actually used almost exclusively APCR in the tier 9 skoda when I grinded it because the HEAT had such terribad shell travel time I literally couldn't hit shit.

1 minute ago, Assassin7 said:

I actually used almost exclusively APCR in the tier 9 skoda when I grinded it because the HEAT had such terribad shell travel time I literally couldn't hit shit.

>Being far enough away from enemy tanks to notice shell speed

>Pls

Just now, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

>Being far enough away from enemy tanks to notice shell speed

>Pls

when you play on 200 ping, you notice these things, even when close up.

So my E50 stats are fairly bad but once I had the thing upgraded I shot 7 gold shells through the life of the grind.

I feel like my stats wouldve been better with more gold (penning cent axs and RU meds with less aiming etc) but that playing it with little to no gold actually brought my ability as a player up. So Ya, it couldve been a crutch. That being said

I think youll do better with the E50 APCR enough to an extent that be sorta surprised. VS the AP, but that the AP is nothing to be a slouch over. All in all a player of your ability? Very conservative DPGs IMO would be 2k-2400dpg with just AP

2300-2600 with normal loadouts

2700+ with APCR

But that I also feel that your a different case your smart enough to flank, bait and play smart vs your average teal recent shitlord (i.e. me) and simply I found if i had pressed 2 more often, Id have done maybe a short more in half the games, so id maybe have hit 2k or 2100 dpg if i shot more gold.

that being said i also rarely felt the need to, I mean the E50 felt very comfortable for me.

11 hours ago, Gandaran said:

Isn't that the point? Why play stuff like the Conq/AMX 30/PT A/whatever if the point of the challenge is to see how much gold affects your stats? Playing a tank that can "do basically everything with AP" defeats the purpose.

12 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Isn't that the point? Why play stuff like the Conq/AMX 30/PT A/whatever if the point of the challenge is to see how much gold affects your stats? Playing a tank that can "do basically everything with AP" defeats the purpose.

because playing a tank that is bottom tier in a very hard tier scaling (7 vs 9) is obviously going to get skewed results. We want to see if gold has a legitimate difference, pick something that can do everything with AP. see how much APCR benefits you.

ITs the same concept as why the T-54 is such an awful tank for this, the difference between the AP and HEAT shell are so massive there is never a reason to not shoot heat.

2 minutes ago, Gandaran said:

because playing a tank that is bottom tier in a very hard tier scaling (7 vs 9) is obviously going to get skewed results. We want to see if gold has a legitimate difference, pick something that can do everything with AP. see how much APCR benefits you.

ITs the same concept as why the T-54 is such an awful tank for this, the difference between the AP and HEAT shell are so massive there is never a reason to not shoot heat.

That's just skewing results in the opposite fashion. The T-54 might make gold rounds looks especially good, but something that can already do everything with AP will make gold rounds look especially bad. If you want true results you need to play a tank that has absolute average pen/goldpen/handling, not something biased to one side or the other.

12 hours ago, Rexxie said:

That's just skewing results in the exact opposite fashion. The T-54 might make gold rounds looks especially good, but something that can already do everything with AP will make gold rounds look especially bad. If you want true results you need to play a tank that has absolute average pen/goldpen/handling, not something biased to one side or the other.

not really, we are looking to see how much of an impact gold will have on your stats. So in theory it should boost a tank with workable AP pen enough to count as a significant difference, If it can not then there is no argument behind it.

basically what rexxie said is why I figured the E-50 is best. its AP pen is enough to not be terribad, but not good enough to not need APCR to work. while its gold is a significant enough upgrade to give some sort of result when firing it.

heres my first session lol:

gDXKnsb.png

I decided to quit after those last few games. 

This is me learning how2E-50. something im not very good at apparently. im VERY Unitato with it.  also the 1100 damage 798 WN8 game I had on abby about 2/3 of the way down I had something IRL pop up that forced me away from the PC so I basically killed myself as it was urgent

14 minutes ago, Gandaran said:

not really, we are looking to see how much of an impact gold will have on your stats. So in theory it should boost a tank with workable AP pen enough to count as a significant difference, If it can not then there is no argument behind it.

If you want to see how much of an impact gold has on your stats on average, you have to play a tank that benefits from gold at an average level. I kind of think you're trying to imply that you'd eliminate a variable and leave only gold rounds' influence by playing a tank with great AP, but that's not really how it works. The "variable" in this case isn't actually being eliminated, you're just fudging the numbers to make gold rounds look less useful than they actually are. All you'd get by playing a tank with abnormally good AP rounds is data only pertinent to other tanks with abnormally good AP rounds.

To be honest, I'm with Rexxie on this one. You really need some tanks that show how gold ammo benefits you. Perfect tanks would be something like E-100, IS-7, T20, T-54, T-34(Russian one) or even scouts and some lower tiers. You should be able to see the difference in stats almost immediately, since being bottom tier in T20 with 160 or 240 penetration makes a huge difference. And that's basically no.1 argument for gold ammo - how effective you are when being bottom tier. I know I bitched about IS-3s and Type 59 swarms when I was grinding T6 before gold ammo for credits, because some tanks are just flat out impenetrable. No.2 argument is how fast it gets you out of sticky situations, getting into a brawl zone(where every shot counts + if you have low DPM) with E-100 or IS7 just to bounce shots is how you destroy your win chance and damage per game.

The only time I tried something similar, was when I played several days only firing standard ammo on a variety of tanks then several days firing nothing but premium ammo on a variety of tanks.  I played tier 6 through tier 10 on those days and played the same tanks with and without premium ammo.  I'm interested in seeing your results.  It ended up being somewhere between 120 and 150 battles total. When I tried it my recent WN8 was between 2200 and 2300.  The days I fired nothing but premium ammo, my WN8 for those days was 3,000+.  However, I didn't play the same number of battles in every tank on the different days.  So, I may have played more battles in the tanks that would benefit from premium ammo just by chance.