lazydot

Easiest FIX for entire class - Arty

I just made a post on wot forums, then found it worth making it own thread on wot gameplay forum as well as on sandbox.

The most simple way to fix the biggest issue, also making SLOW armored tanks more viable without fixing 2nd biggest issue as seen by WG, namely armor vs premium shells is adding this simple setting in WOT client preferences dialog:

uY36P7N.png

Arty players will have to wait longer in queue to be able to sh*t on players across the map, who don't like to get sh*t on? Problem fixes itself within description already.

Just make this one change to live servers for a month or two, check what are statistical data on the usage and how many players opt in for 0% and 100% and how many, who would vote for 100% are arty only players.

And there has to be a fixed limit of max 3 arty per team. No matter how many of those are queued up for games. 

After 22pm CEST (UTC+2) and/or on weekends 4-5 high tier arties per team in tier 10 games is already average for 3/4th of the games on EU, which is simple unplayable for everyone but those arty players.

So PLEASE, just make this to normal test servers and then to live for 1-2 month please, collect data and decide how to proceed from there.

Why not starting with simplest possible solutions 1st

WOT forum link.

Discuss (-:

I predict a bright future for you on the official forums:serb:

While this would be welcomed by most players, its never ever going to happen. WG will never openly admit they made a mistake and this option would clearly state that.

18 minutes ago, Pale_Horse said:

While this would be welcomed by most players, its never ever going to happen. WG will never openly admit they made a mistake and this option would clearly state that.

I got 4 warning points on official forum. All of them for anti arty related content, 75% for legitimate logically backed arguments and 25% for making a post suggesting everyone to report arty in game and this way getting this players banned => less arty in the long run, which was/is against WOT's EULA.

E: that official WOT forum is great place to farm up your BL entries up to limit of 1000 as I see from the thread aleady. Basically everyone involved so far is negative IQ clicker with not a single contribution to actual topic or even 1 single argument.

E2: There is exactly 1 contribution on topic and that's from "self called arty player". Who would ever thought?

Just now, Pale_Horse said:

afaik they 'admitted' that arty is a problem, so the company officially changed their state.

1 minute ago, Sergeant_Fgt said:

afaik they 'admitted' that arty is a problem, so the company officially changed their state.

Fair enough but the reasoning behind arty didnt change - prevents camping, contributes to dynamic gameplay and bullshit like that. What I ment was more like that option would effectively erase arty from the game and that is never going to happen, sorry for poor articulation.

It remains to be seen what the global rebalance will do to arty but knowing WG I am really sceptical.

5 minutes ago, Pale_Horse said:

Fair enough but the reasoning behind arty didnt change - prevents camping, contributes to dynamic gameplay and bullshit like that. What I ment was more like that option would effectively erase arty from the game and that is never going to happen, sorry for poor articulation.

It remains to be seen what the global rebalance will do to arty but knowing WG I am really sceptical.

According to WG the real problem is tanks getting spotted at max range 24/7 and getting focused down the second they try to move out of camping spots and then clicked on by arty... Lol.

I have never seen that ever. 

11 minutes ago, Pale_Horse said:

Even if arty does 400 dmg per hit, its still a bs mechanic, which gets even worse in combination with xvm and jealous/small minded individuals. I doubt the global re balance will change this game for the better/give good players a reason to keep playing, as the problem with arty remains, just less dramatic. 3 fappers at the end of the map still gonna fap you for 1.2k (combined) every now and then, with prolly even more accurate guns - depending on what they gonna go with to compensate for the loss in alpha dmg.

Arty on sandbox is much more bearable TBH. But there is also no XVM and thus XVM focus.

Problem with arty is not only huge alpha, but that you often lose most important crew/modules in the process. What do you have from loosing 400-800 HP in nearly full HP 215B heavy? Annoying, but somehow bearable, but getting killed commander, loader, engine, ammo rack, gun and tracks in the process, because you used your med/rep kit on previous arty splash(es) already just to name RL example, renders your tank basically dead/useless.

All sandbox changes altogether though, just unplayable at the current state of 2nd iteration.

This seems imo the best option so far. Nothing gets removed and nothing gets nerfed. So arty players dont have to scream "dont remove arty". Even just one check box, like with game modes, would do.

But also that might create increased arty count in games for those who want to play with arty. From other side, there are enough, probably, people who dont know about option to disable game modes and there still would be plenty of people "willing" to play with arty.

Anyways, if this gets implemented, I even would play WoT again.

Better solution that doesn't rely on WG.

Every third game or so, load up an HE shell and unload it into the nearest friendly artillery.

If everyone did this there would be on average four or so players on each team tking friendly arty at the beginning with no real consequences to any of their accounts.

Done.

14 minutes ago, HairlesMonkyBoy said:

Every third game or so, load up an HE shell and unload it into the nearest friendly artillery.

If everyone did this there would be on average four or so players on each team tking friendly arty at the beginning with no real consequences to any of their accounts.

Done.

Thank you for confirming, that one does not need a brain to get beyond 2k wn8.

36 minutes ago, HairlesMonkyBoy said:

Done.

This IMO valid options were discussed few times already across different forums. But sadly similar content prefers to disappear and porters getting all kind of random warnings/bans/because trying to improve game experience of majority of the players is EULA violation.

1 hour ago, HairlesMonkyBoy said:

Done.

That's not much different than what happened with War Thunder simulator battles where people were just taking bombers with lots of auto guns so the people would just start TKing people who basically just played bombers (well mostly American bombers). I don't know if anything ever came of that though.

1 minute ago, Inciatus said:

That's not much different than what happened with War Thunder simulator battles where people were just taking bombers with lots of auto guns so the people would just start TKing people who basically just played bombers (well mostly American bombers). I don't know if anything ever came of that though.

I want to say they started getting super banned. Which was ridiculous because they were totally in the right.

Just put arty from sandbox on live server, its alrdy fine, even games with 4 arty are perfect playable now, go figure ^^

ps: and i bet that when arty cant one shot ppl or deal 900 splash dmg, a large part of the players will simply quit playing arty, because ``its no more fun``...

2 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

Just put arty from sandbox on live server, its alrdy fine, even games with 4 arty are perfect playable now, go figure ^^

I'm a bit puzzled about why they're still playing arty on sandbox when it doesn't do anything :P

Maybe I missed some buffs.

5 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

I'm a bit puzzled about why they're still playing arty on sandbox when it doesn't do anything :P

Maybe I missed some buffs.

yeah, there are massive amounts of arty, 3-4 tier 10 arty every game is quite common, yet its not that bad, they simply dont deal much dmg (and perhaps no xvm also matters)

33 minutes ago, LemmingRush said:

Report arty for unsportsmanlike conduct. Its unsportsmanlike to camp behind your team & use them as meatshields.

No further explanation needed. UC is reserved for arty. Even team killers don't get UC. I simply hate arty.

2puRkRD.jpg

Griding M46, this happened by 50% / 900 guy. Even X3N4 will struggle to achieve this vs me. But this dog shit do it in one shot, without warning or any skill. 

And that's what is most retarded with arty, no matter how rebalance them. Best rebalance is remove. 

13 hours ago, HairlesMonkyBoy said:

post-58335-good-luck-were-all-counting-o

I noticed one time on Orzy stream he received many HE splashes from arty (and arty walked away) does this apply to other tanks. Like KV-2 shooting near friendly arty? 

3 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

post-58335-good-luck-were-all-counting-o

I noticed one time on Orzy stream he received many HE splashes from arty (and arty walked away) does this apply to other tanks. Like KV-2 shooting near friendly arty? 

I don't encurage TKing our dear friendly SPGs (:rngfu:), but I might just now, that you only turn blue after the 3-4 splash or after the second kill, if you don't do it very often. (Once I was pushed against a rock in my kv2 by a friendly platoon, because I am obviously a hacker. Little did they know...)

Ps: This happend a couple patches ago, so it might have changed.