Nicarasu

Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. K

The 3/4 was a lot of fun after i went back and had a half a clue how to play (it was my first tier 5). 3Krap would be a true shitgift

yay more defenseless victims for my balanced O-I Exp

Oh it has 600 HP? BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA its like tier 4 but with stock tier 5 heavy HP

*drools*

Prices: leave me scratching my head...

$12.99 USD for tank alone.. okay..

$24.99 USD for tank +1600g + equipment(optics/vent/rammer) + "free" garage slot

(1600g(if you don't count the bonus garage slot for another 300) is 8.46 if bought alone).. that makes $16.53 for tank($12.99) + equip~1M credits ish? ($3.54)(2 to 3 hours of credit grind)

I don't see the discount here.... am I missing something?

$49.99 USD for tank + 3000g + 3M cred + same equipment + garage slot

(3K + 3M pack... well that's not available that I could see.. but the 2k+2M is $31.29, and the 4K+4< is $59.39, taking the mean a 3K+3M value is roughly $45.34 give or take their scaling with package increase)

$4.65 for tank + equip... IF you are considering a gold/cred package that's not terrible...for a low tier ta.. oh never mind.

If you use the same value (which seems flawed) for the equipment $3.54(is optics/rammer/vents which is what.. about a million credits? which is about a couple hours of time spent grinding credits).. that's a buck-eleven for the tank. IF you want the gold/cred.

24 minutes ago, kreigermann said:

Prices: leave me scratching my head...

Lots of head-scratching with the Panzer bundles. The middle bundle looks to cost more than buying the pieces individually.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/504494-july-4th-bundle-economics/

1 minute ago, Necrophore said:

Lots of head-scratching with the Panzer bundles. The middle bundle looks to cost more than buying the pieces individually.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/504494-july-4th-bundle-economics/

That's what left me thinking "wha..?" The middle bundle looks awful, the expensive bundle is only OK if the gold/cred is something you happen to be after and the tank is "oh.. for a couple bucks I'll do that, sure"

I'm certainly guilty of looking at bigger bundles for the higher tier tanks to self-justify but for THIS thing?

So, yet another bad German premium.  Not surprised.

The obvious comparison, to me, is with the other tier 5 German med, the Pz T25 and to me, the merely OK T25 looks way better than this.

So once again WG brings out an irrelevant t5 german medium......why would anyone want a T14( t5 tank w/t4 gun) without pref mm?

Firing 139 APCR in a t7 battle will get everything laughing at you 

4 hours ago, Cloud_1 said:

So once again WG brings out an irrelevant t5 german medium......why would anyone want a T14( t5 tank w/t4 gun) without pref mm?

Firing 139 APCR in a t7 battle will get everything laughing at you 

Plus the T14 actually has armor.

On June 29, 2016 at 3:58 AM, zapyoug said:

MOE on tanks nobody plays can actually be kinda hard because you can end up competing with yourself for MOE requirements 

and nooooo

I dont like to gimp myself any further than wot the tank already does to me 

the goal is torture, not suicide :fat:

I think the key is to get your moving average into the right range, then stop playing and let your games clear out.  Then play it try hard the last bit before they refresh again. I think it's a weekly reset?

5 hours ago, stagnate said:

I think the key is to get your moving average into the right range, then stop playing and let your games clear out.  Then play it try hard the last bit before they refresh again. I think it's a weekly reset?

MOE didn't get backed up on this tank during my MOE quest. The rental made sure of that. (it also only took 68 games) 

6 hours ago, stagnate said:

The claimed range is two weeks, so that's probably a safe waiting period. You'd have to burn through the last bit before it updated again. I'm not sure how often it updates.

Competing with yourself is obviously more of a problem for unpopular tanks. The marks appear to be server-specific, so the two-week wait would be more useful on NA than EU due to the server population.

I played 51 games (because of the contest) in it during my one day rental and I can definitely say that I will never buy this thing.  The mobility is ok but it has no armor and the gun handling is horrible.  It can't shoot on the move worth a damn so brawling is out of the question.  It's best played as a sniper and poking ridge lines with its good gun depression.  I ran it with a gld, vents, and binocs.  With this setup I was able to ace a couple of games and one mark it.

Wargaming, why must you make the cute box tanks shitty? :cri:

I want to buy it because it's adorable, but I don't want to give WG a pass for terribly balanced tonks.

Why would you pair a gun this mediocre with the gun-handling of the post-nerf Hellcat? This thing has significantly worse fire control than the BDR G1B, and at least that thing has some alpha and pen.

As a Panzer IV Hydro and T25 owner, all the III K does better is theoretical dpm (you know, before you take into account that the Hydro is more accurate, a vastly more stable platform for its gun, and has better pen), 50 hitpoints and 20m view range.

On the other hand the Hydro's 550 hitpoints are still sort of beefy and, most importantly, it has pref-MM. The T25 premium has regular MM and very, very slightly worse gun handling than your average tier5 medium, but it has a sack of hitpoints, and while turning poorly, actually goes kinda fast, and the gun is decent.

I can see no reason why you couldn't give the III K the sort of gun handling you see on nearly every other tier5 medium - not good (ok, Panzer IV and M7 have stable tracks) but not total garbage. Hell, the BDR G1B used to be the clunkiest tank in tier and the difference in track bloom between the III K and the BDR is bigger than between the BDR and the T25, what the actual fuck.

Wouldn't just having a bad gun compared to every other tier5 German medium be enough to make this a regular MM premium? The Chi-Nu Kai basically only loses 4 degrees of gun depression compared to the Chi-Nu and gains a tiny mantlet, and voila, a kind of crap medium premium.

With the absence of any armor and its 40kph speed limit, the Panzer III K is just a worse version of the Chi-Nu, and I didn't think that was possible, or, indeed, necessary. At least the Chi-Nu has usable gun handling and better alpha, accuracy and pen.