precambrian

AMX 50 100 Appreciation Thread

3 hours ago, InconnuGlitterBoy said:

How to play this thing in randoms, which equipment? I am struggling with it like crazy.

Been a while since I touched it but you have two options
1) play a Lorraine
2) dump 3 shots at most every engagement and then clip something else before going for a reload. Never go for full clip unless you are absolutely sure you're safe, e.g. perma track/people facing wrong way.
You will want to toon and if you have no friends like me you shd be thinking not only of 'where is the HP' but also 'where are my meatshields'. 

50 100 is really off meta rn and gets murdered by boomsticks. I wish you luck.

PS equipment wise both IRM and IAU shd work really well. IRM is for bursty CQC autoloaders and IAU helps if you snipe more

5 hours ago, InconnuGlitterBoy said:

How to play this thing in randoms, which equipment? I am struggling with it like crazy.

It's pretty awful no matter how you cut it, but with new equipement I think there are more options for it now. If I were doing the grind now instead of last year when I actually did it, I would likely go Turbo (needs that extra mobility given it is huge with no armour) and stack gun handling equipment such as IRM/Vstab/EGLD/IAU as @lavawing suggested. The gun handling on the French heavy autoloaders is awful, so anything to mitigate that should help improve it's one strong point.

Thank you for the input. I'll put a 2nd gun mark on that tank and sell it, with a ~45 win rate. On EU the line is soon Top of the Tree, so want to cash it in at full price.

I find it hard to play without Optics. I went for IRM/Vstab/Optics for now.

I played it pre equip changes (literally the patch before). Would swap vents for IRM so yeah, IRM/Vstab/Optics.

Was decent. Spammed full gold in it.

Ew8YVph.png

Generally played like a medium and magdumped 2-3 shots at a time. Permatracking is hilarious in it.

7 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

I played it pre equip changes (literally the patch before). Would swap vents for IRM so yeah, IRM/Vstab/Optics.

Was decent. Spammed full gold in it.

Ew8YVph.png

Generally played like a medium and magdumped 2-3 shots at a time. Permatracking is hilarious in it.

Sounds good. I spam also full gold. Managed to bring the win rate back to 50% and also ace tanked it. Good training for playing the Somua/Lorraine.

Really good tank in my opinion. 3.8k combined/4k wn8 since my repurchase w/all AP. GLD/Vstab/IRM make the gun handling adequate. Not sure where people are struggling, but I bet its an exposure issue? If you aren't used to how odd you have to play to magdump with a tank that doesn't have armor or gun handling, I know how much of a struggle it can be.

8 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Really good tank in my opinion. 3.8k combined/4k wn8 since my repurchase w/all AP. GLD/Vstab/IRM make the gun handling adequate. Not sure where people are struggling, but I bet its an exposure issue? If you aren't used to how odd you have to play to magdump with a tank that doesn't have armor or gun handling, I know how much of a struggle it can be.

I would think that the 50 100 is now an oddly positioned tank -- it is outclassed by the Somua, which has a 5-round clip and some armor without losing much in mobility, or the Lorraine which has a 4-round clip and faster reload with more mobility. 

7 hours ago, sr360 said:

I would think that the 50 100 is now an oddly positioned tank -- it is outclassed by the Somua, which has a 5-round clip and some armor without losing much in mobility, or the Lorraine which has a 4-round clip and faster reload with more mobility. 

at this point its outclassed by almost any premium autoloader/autoreloader.

its still able to function because good pen/high clip potential/mobility. but there are many better options available 

On 10/28/2020 at 12:54 AM, sr360 said:

It's not only 5 clip and some armor. 

Somua has:

• 300 more dpm
  • 0.5s better intraclip
  • Better aim time
  • Better Soft Stats
  • Extra 1 deg of gun dep
  • Extra 2 deg of gun elevation

For that it pays with being a bit slower and having -10VR and slightly worse final acc. Somua destroys 50 100. I remember struggling witth 50 100. With Somua? 4-5k battles happen frequently and without effort.

15 hours ago, Rexxie said:

I guess I need to pick up a Somua then!

Its now on sale in EU, im really tempted to buy it, even though i dont like amx-100 at all

(and also rather not give wg anymore money for now)

23 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Its now on sale in EU, im really tempted to buy it, even though i dont like amx-100 at all

(and also rather not give wg anymore money for now)

I hated AMX 50 100. Got the Somua on Rental from Prime and jesus I loved it. U usually do 1.8-2.2k dpg in my t8 tanks. This was 2.8k for 50 battles. Don't remember since it was on my old acc. 

The lorry is a 50 100 with a more manageable clip size and more speed in exchange for pretty much the same effective armour - not much.

The somua is also a 50 100 but with a slightly more manageable clip with a fuck better reload and actual armour in exchange for a bit of speed... which helps gun handling

50 100 is just in a shit spot. It takes a while to realise you can't get away with a lot of things and there are other tanks that can do everything you can do but better.