precambrian

AMX 50 100 Appreciation Thread

Well you're 10 battles in. Might be new tank syndrome still. I havent used mine much yet, but I'd recommend playing it unlike the T69- getting shot in a T69 is okay, you have acceptable armour and shorter inter clip loading. 50 100 is the opposite. Don't get shot at all in the first part of the game, but conserve HP in the first part of the game for use late game. Late game you get more options of 1v1 clipping, early game less so.

Thats how I play mine, and how I've heard the playstyle, but I think you've got more battles in it than me..

Man I love this tank, now that I have the tracks and 100mm gun unlocked my average damage per game is clawing its way up to normal levels, at 1650 right now. Having played the 13 90 is deffinately paying off.

Could someone post a series of replays (recent, preferable) of their 50-100 play? I will have this tank in my posession soon, would like to get off on a better foot than my first auto-loader (excluding scout tanks) the T69. My stats are terrible in that tank

Could someone post a series of replays (recent, preferable) of their 50-100 play? I will have this tank in my posession soon, would like to get off on a better foot than my first auto-loader (excluding scout tanks) the T69. My stats are terrible in that tank

3 games into it with the top gun (had lorry 40t already) but base engine and tracks so only a GLD no other equipment.  I actually like starting 'fast' second line tanks with a crap engine to generally force me to not go front line too early.  Probably hurts me at times late but for a dozen games or so it helps me get a feel for how the gun handles.

But it's been very effective.  I am surprised at how much more intimidated people are when I show up then they were in my Lorry. Much more on par with the threat the Batchat poses.  The gun handling is fantastic and I find myself being able to unload twice, fall back, unload twice, fall back whenever I'm forced to peek-a-boom.   But like most autoloaders the tank really shines later in the game when the people you're facing have sacrificed too many HPs and you're able to end them in one or two shots. 

When to reload is still the trickiest part.  Obviously best thing to do is to be with a non-autoloader like an IS3 or IS6 who can intimidate people from poking out to kill you while you reload.  Against red/orange/yellow  players I usually wait until my clip is empty before reloading.  Against greens/blues/purples I may reload earlier if I think they are counting my shells.  Seems like if I don't shoot for ~10 seconds they'll start to clue in that I might be on a reload but as long as I have some room to fall back I can make it with only taking 1 shot max once they turn on me. 

I am surprised at how much I've enjoyed it thus far.  I imagine I'll use this as my go to 7/42 or T8 cw/tourney in the future unless my 13 90 is required. 

Here you go, all those games have replays and are ordered by WN8

http://www.vbaddict.net/battlehistory.php?&tier=8&type=3&nation=5&age=7&uploader=antikondor&order=desc&sort=efficiency_wn8&

Well I am by far not an expert, but some of my games are fairly decent, that said you might learn bad habits from me.

I just acquired it. 

Not sure the best way to play it.  I have kitted it out with binocs, Gun laying drive, and vents. Crew is 100%.  I can see where this tank has the potential to really deal the hurt, I just can't figure out if I should be leading the rush, in the rush, or laying back a bit, due to the long (47.54 second) reload time on the drum. 

Any advice would be helpful.

I just can't figure out if I should be leading the rush, in the rush, or laying back a bit, due to the long (47.54 second) reload time on the drum. 

Any advice would be helpful.

Have you read the previous 3 pages?   Seriously,  it doesn't take that long and all the answers are there.

This tank, so far for me, seems to work better at range, and when one can get flanking shots. In those cases, my damage output is pretty good. However, when I am at, or near the top, I get carpy team-mates complaining about my positioning, saying I should be leading the rush, because "you have an OP auto-loader".  Well, leading the rush in this thing is not the place to be.  Yes, you can deal damage, but, when the drum is expended good luck retreating while the drum reloads.  When setting up to work from the tanks apparent advantages, I invariably find myself trying to shore up a collapsing flank, vs, supporting from range.  Doesn't help either when in a few of the games, my paltry 48% win rate is the best on the team, and the other team has a handful of green, and yellow players.. Getting stomped seemed to be the order of the day..

Still getting the hang of this thing, with only 18 games, it's still new, but I am finding the places where this thing works, and where it doesn't. 

Incredible.

Just came off of an amazing 7-0 run in the AMX 50-100.   Scored 8 kills, and had some decent damage output as well. 

It's strength is standing off, and being a support.  Trying to lead a rush is pointless, but so is staying so far back that you don't spot anyone.  The tank has decent mobility, so it can flank, and, if needed flex back to base to defend, or cover another flank that may be in trouble.   I am learning more how to play this tank, but so far, I can see what needs to be done.

This tank is maddening. I have had some personally epic games and mostly epic fails. Lowest win rate of anything I have. This site is definitely helping. I usually do not camo my heavys but I can see that that may be important on this one. I will keep plugging along! Thanks for this site!

If at all possible try to just abuse vision range, camo as a skill will help a bit, but camo values are pretty garbage. I'm still managing a over 60% WR in mine somehow.

loving the tank...dont have the credits or the crew to keep it though when I move up to the 9...will be a sad day when I sell this

loving the tank...dont have the credits or the crew to keep it though when I move up to the 9...will be a sad day when I sell this

Don't. Do it like I did - just leave it in the garage for half a year and move the crew to the 120. Once you have learned how to overcome the many difficulties of the beast called 120, put a fresh ghetto crew (100%, no skills) into the 100 and you'll see that you play the 100 now better than you did ever before.

PS: not seeing your stats atm, so f you are a unicum or close to your personal skill ceiling, this might not apply.

Bought this monster yesterday and i'm loving it, it feels like i am playing a slow lorraine with tier 8mm that doesn't get oneshotted by arty all the time.

Bought this tank earlier this week and have had two games in it. This is my best so far, I'll upload my replay when I get home from work.

pearl-river-france-amx-50-100-1250033924

Nothing special but not bad for 2nd evar game!

But wait! I have a question:

Which gun? I tried searching the forum and failed to find advice on this. I don't have the top gun researched so I've been using the 90 mm DCA 45 which appears to be very good.

Is the 100mm's extra pen and damage worth the longer reload time?

Does the longer reload time mean I won't get away with playing aggressively like I did in the above match?

AMX 50 100 is mad fun to play.

Got it last night, my first autoloader...such an adjustment to gameplay!

It's weird not being able to fire for the first 50 seconds of the battle, but it gives you plenty of time to watch the map and sort out where best to go.

I just repurchased this about a week ago.  I never did terribly well with it the first time I played through it, but I seem to have adjusted to it now.  These were a couple 5k+ damage games from the past week:

http://wotreplays.com/site/748088#northwest-dualmaster333-amx_50_100

http://wotreplays.com/site/748087#windstorm-dualmaster333-amx_50_100

http://wotreplays.com/site/748086#airfield-dualmaster333-amx_50_100

This will probably be my go to tank for tier 8 platoons from now on.

Bought this back while it was on sale as well, now just waiting on a skill reset special so I can actually run the thing -.-

This weekend special should help you out ;)