Exasmic

Maptactics Series by Exo & o7 Gaming [updated visuals of the page]

Hello friends,

I've finally completed my Maptactics the maps. Any suggestions to add, change or remove certain spots and positions would be greatly appreciated. 
This is my interpretation of how to play the maps and if you have any criticism, please feel free to let me know. 

The maps will also include a small summary of how to play the map, which will be completed over time.

There is a legend so you can understand what everything means and you can use CTRL + F to search for maps quickly.

Link to maps www.o7gaming.com/maps

Thank you and I hope you learn something from the maps and enjoy using them.

Edit: Changed the overall visuals of the maps section, making it easier to read.

I need to tell Hoff to go this hardcore for eClipse's website lmao, god damn it looks like a sponsored team's website.

is this positions people usually go to, or where they should go?

if the last one, you have several bad positions, areas on maps you should not go to.

1 minute ago, Lowlife555 said:

is this positions people usually go to, or where they should go?

if the last one, you have several bad positions, areas on maps you should not go to.

A bit of both, the solid lines are where you should be going and dotted lines are alternative and/or more risky routes.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know.

11 minutes ago, Exasmic said:

A bit of both, the solid lines are where you should be going and dotted lines are alternative and/or more risky routes.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know.

I have many, would take me 1-2 hours to write em up....dunno if I bother.

But its opinions, for instance I think that K&0 line is useless and should only be defended on Westfield.

Just now, Lowlife555 said:

I have many, would take me 1-2 hours to write em up....dunno if I bother.

But its opinions, for instance I think that K&0 line is useless and should only be defended on Westfield.

I agree, the south is 100% useless, but it's still a position that exists and should be highlighted. 

That's why I include the alternate routes and the solid lines.

Solid lines = most successful positions

25 minutes ago, Masterpupil2 said:

ohseven

http://wglnaeclipse.weebly.com/ is our website, maybe we should combine to make eOlipse7

Easily improved.

• Don't use blue for body text. Try #333 or so
  • Centring body text is also a big no-no, it rapidly leads to cognitive fatigue as the eye has to consciously identify the start of every line instead of tracking back to a fixed point
Just now, CarbonWard said:

Planning to add assault and encounter anytime soon?

Encounter would be pretty hard and most of this applies to encounter maps, though assault should be pretty easy, since it's like 4-5 maps iirc.

hi carbon

14 minutes ago, Exasmic said:

I agree, the south is 100% useless, but it's still a position that exists and should be highlighted. 

That's why I include the alternate routes and the solid lines.

Solid lines = most successful positions

Then mark it as red, and defend only.

5 minutes ago, Exasmic said:

I used red before, but because of color-blind suggestions, I realized that red and green (grass or such) don't go well together, so I changed it to blue. 

That was aimed @ eClipse. Your #2f2d2d is fine (and props for Garamond, it's a fucking elegant typeface), their #5040ae needs work.

Edit: damn good writeup.

2 minutes ago, woe2you said:

That was aimed @ Eclipse. Your #2f2d2d is fine (and props for Garamond, it's a fucking elegant typeface), their #5040ae needs work.

Yea, I realized that too late and I can't remove that message, so whatever.

Just curious, how do you know all those colors by hex (if that's what it is)?

6 minutes ago, Exasmic said:

Yea, I realized that too late and I can't remove that message, so whatever.

Just curious, how do you know all those colors by hex?

Don't worry, I'm not some freaky hex-colour-value savant - I used Inspect Element. ;)

I'm a designer/dev by trade, first thing I do when I see a new site is poke around in the source.

The best map tactics that I've seen on the internet!  Thanks for putting this together and obviously spending so much time on it.

Maybe in the future, you could work on the other battle types (the ones that I stay away from b/c I don't know how to play them :)).

Thanks again for putting this together!!!

2 minutes ago, Riiker said:

The best map tactics that I've seen on the internet!  Thanks for putting this together and obviously spending so much time on it.

Maybe in the future, you could work on the other battle types (the ones that I stay away from b/c I don't know how to play them :)).

Thanks again for putting this together!!!

No problem, your type of response is exactly why I chose to do this. 

I'll try to complete Assault first, as Encounter is pretty similar, this will come with due time. 

2 minutes ago, SkittlesOfSteeI said:

I like your avatar.

Yea yours is pretty cool, too.

41 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

I thought this was meows.

Now I understand this comment.

For the sake of saying something on-topic: one thing I do worry about with map guides is that the average player will have no idea what to do when the team's deployment deviates from the ideal scenarios you lay out.

Maybe a section in the write-ups on how to modify your plan based on fuck-stupid deployments? Ie what to do when the team pushes Lakeville valley, Overlord beach or Abbey 8 line.

Edit: or even a little more about why each position/lane is good or bad. Eg, Abbey 1/2 are arty safe, have corners for poking and crossfire to/from the abbey whereas the 8 line has no map control and is vulnerable to crossfire from the abbey, or Lakeville valley is slow terrain, arty-vulnerable and no map control etc.

2 minutes ago, woe2you said:

For the sake of saying something on-topic: one thing I do worry about with map guides is that the average player will have no idea what to do when the team's deployment deviates from the ideal scenarios you lay out.

Maybe a section in the write-ups on how to modify your plan based on fuck-stupid deployments? Ie what to do when the team pushes Lakeville valley, Overlord beach or Abbey 8 line.

Yes, this will definitely be added.

Most of the time, maps will be played out similarly at the beginning, but there are times where 13 tanks go valley (like you said) on Lakeville.

Hopefully, people see these maps so people will stop going there. :P

2 minutes ago, Exasmic said:

Hopefully, people see these maps so people will stop going there. :P

Bless your optimistic heart. The most you'll ever reach is the small percentage of people who want to improve. :(