Sign in to follow this  
Exasmic

Maptactics Series by Exo & o7 Gaming [updated visuals of the page]

Just now, woe2you said:

Bless your optimistic heart. The most you'll ever reach is the small percentage of people who want to improve. :(

That's just the sad truth. Oh well.

If I help 1% of players, then 1% of matches will be improved, which is worth it. :disco:

3 minutes ago, Exasmic said:

That's just the sad truth. Oh well.

If I help 1% of players, then 1% of matches will be improved, which is worth it. :disco:

Yeah, not meaning to discourage you, it's a worthy endeavour.

Just now, woe2you said:

Yeah, not meaning to discourage you, it's a worthy endeavour.

haha, no worries. I was well aware that 99% of players don't look at this kind of stuff, I found it enjoyable to do and all the positive comments help out.

This greenhorn appreciates this!

Question on Erlenburg, so if you spawn South you can go East in heavies but not if you spawn North?

4 hours ago, crapcannon said:

Question on Erlenburg, so if you spawn South you can go East in heavies but not if you spawn North?

You can, but (this counts for both spawns) you would always stay on the side of your own cap and secure it, before moving on to the other side

11 hours ago, crapcannon said:

You can, but I feel that going east on north spawn doesn't work as well as going west. 

West gives you the hills and cover of the castle where you can go hull down, but in the east you're on low ground and get shot from TDs camping.

You can't poke from the hill tops in the east, since your lower plate will get penned and going low ground means your armor angles are negated, since you're below your enemy.

On 7/1/2016 at 1:14 PM, Exasmic said:

A bit of both, the solid lines are where you should be going and dotted lines are alternative and/or more risky routes.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know.

Do you even play this game anymore

Your 60D battle count looks about as high as mine :serb:

8 hours ago, _Assad said:

Do you even play this game anymore

Your 60D battle count looks about as high as mine :serb:

I play as much as I can before I alt+f4 from arty.

Check this one out.

MNbWv3e.png

This is impressive.  Very nicely done friend Exo

Thank you, friend Shifty.

15 hours ago, Exasmic said:

I play as much as I can before I alt+f4 from arty.

Check this one out.

MNbWv3e.png

Thank you, friend Shifty.

Dia would have left by the time the centurion hit him

2 hours ago, _Assad said:

Dia would have left by the time the centurion hit him

Looks like he left without any tank hitting him. :serb:

What tiers this is aimed? Some of positions look like they would work at lower tiers but bad at high tiers.

Some comments, test and thing about if worth adding to maps:

Abbey: north team light tanks (and even grill15 irc) can get inner middle courtyard by using alternative passages through walls, there is two different routesnow, no need to risk middle road. H8 south team scout spot by driving top of mountains from left side. D7-8 north team scout spot. Both of these scouts positions are possibly not usefull enough to mark them, map is shit for scouts.

Airfield: J9 TD should prolly be right edge of grid where bushes are? C2 TD should prolly be hugging mountains north (C2 grid far north edge), irc does give better field of fire to middle brawl and camo is not needed because of distance to enemies (view range sniping).

Arctic: Green side meds high risk move to A2, game winning position if not too many enemy arties. G6 scout should be F6. Green side scout D6 if there is still that bush, have lost games purely to enemy scout sitting there.

Cliff: blue fast tanks can drive to donut area straight C4-D4 up (new physics). F2 grid south edge excellent scout position for green side.

El-halluf: D6 and F3-4 medium spots are totally worthless at high tiers. Remove unless they work well in lower tiers. Same with E8 medium, should not be "regular" route at least. J5 markers should be more right so they point to bush right to the rock where peoples usually camp. D0 arty position top of hill, best spot on map for arties as shooting from above gives better angle(?)

Ensk: blue scout line (risky) could go to F0-G0

Erlenbug: F8 scout&medium should go straight to D9 lower left/E8 upper right corner.  K1 extra arty spot, seeing fast arties there pretty often?

Fjords: green side medium high risk move to water puddle and E4. Blue side medium high risk move from B6 to C7 (and shoot south). TD J9 or H9, there is always someone.

Highway: Green scout spot D4 upper edge somewhere, very strong spot but risky. B1 med/scout probably should go all the way to corner grid or add there another set of markers. TD's A7-B7, always there.

Live Oaks: F6-G6 high risk passive spot scout.

Malinovka: D7 high risk scout. D6 high risk medium, route throug upper edge right, not through water. K7 maybe add td/heavy, seems work better for base defence nowadays(?), At least very popular spot. F2 behind rock TD, there is always someone there

Murovanka: E7 area, add medium for both side there too. Game winning but risky spot for meds.

Serene Coast:  D4 blue scout risky route. Bush there is very good for completion of some scout missions (spot first n-enemies). F3 same for south team scout, not sure exactly where bush is as its small and very easy to miss even ingame. G2 south edge med/heavy/td excellent fall back spot if going more north not viable (like when enemies have more meds).

Steppes: G4 green scout risky spot.

Swamp: whole green push to left corner should be marked as risky, seems never work nowadays.

Westfield: maybe add both side mediums B2 left upper corner  (risky)

Windstorm: green meds risky A4 left lower corner (only viable if other tanks follow to support, but arty safe and only good "game winning" starting move I know for this map, for either side)

Holy crap Exo, this is amazing. Thanks, going to post it on the M--M forums right now so the whole consortium can take a look at it.

You asked for suggestions, so here's a thought. Wouldn't it be cool to have some of the spots linked to the images in the Micropositioning thread here. So for example when you do a summary for Cliff's you could mention E3 with a link like this

Can you make pubbie versions so we can know where to find the bads? I hate nothing more than turning a corner to find myself face to face with a TD in a position it shouldn't be. WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHAT MAP GUIDE ARE YOU USING?

4 hours ago, shutupshake said:

Can you make pubbie versions so we can know where to find the bads? I hate nothing more than turning a corner to find myself face to face with a TD in a position it shouldn't be. WHY ARE YOU HERE? WHAT MAP GUIDE ARE YOU USING?

Always go valley on Lakeville and push beach on Overlord. :serb:

8 hours ago, sahtila said:

-snipped cause too long-

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll make sure to change/include things.

Some of this may be based on the NA meta, which can be a bit different. I also only play tier 10 (some 9's) and I included viable positions from my point of view, so obviously I may be missing some positions, as I think they aren't very good (for example on ensk, I never play field, no matter what, so most of the positions will be in the city).

Again, thanks.

7 hours ago, DOM1NO said:

Holy crap Exo, this is amazing. Thanks, going to post it on the M--M forums right now so the whole consortium can take a look at it.

You asked for suggestions, so here's a thought. Wouldn't it be cool to have some of the spots linked to the images in the Micropositioning thread here. So for example when you do a summary for Cliff's you could mention E3 with a link like this

Hey, I'm glad you find them helpful. I can do that 'E3 position' type of thing in due time, if I feel it is necessary, as it can definitely be helpful, but would be a lot of work. Feel free to share it :^).

On 7/2/2016 at 8:21 AM, Exasmic said:

:D Visuals of the maps page have been changed to make it easier to select each map.

Nice.

Could the maps be bigger if you have big enough browser window? e.g. the size you get when you click on them.

11 hours ago, Lowlife555 said:

Nice.

Could the maps be bigger if you have big enough browser window? e.g. the size you get when you click on them.

We can't make them bigger but there will be a max size one at the bottom of the page.