So I was planning to put my results in Assassin's thread but I decided to make my own. So seeing as I hate myself and can barely make enough credits for clanwars I'm doing 50 games with gold and 50 games with a loadout that would make Sirfoch proud (0 heat).  Sample size is small but it should be enough to get some results. Also, I think this is the right place to put this but idk.

Goldspam loadout

COXxva0.jpg

Regspam loadout

fpxBTJr.jpg

give me  gold

Goals:

• 3.5k dpg with heat
  • 3.4k dpg without heat

Replays will be uploaded in batches of ~10 or so depending on my mood. 

Discuss.

Also, goldspam, Skoda T50 and challenge should never be used in the same sentence. 

1st batch.

Literally the best matchmaking ever. 1-2 arty per match and I was usually 1 of 3 top tiers. I tilted through the last 3 but eh. Don't watch lakeville, mines and fiery salient those replays are really bad. Even though I was top tier for most of the games the extra pen heat gave me was somewhat noticeable, because of the goldspam I was able to auto aim through the fronts of tier 8s and pen the turret faces of vks, e-75s and m103s, which is nice.

Replays

Stats for today 

PPJwk2k.png

Tank stats

Session Stats: 

• 4218 DPG
  • 60% winrate

Challenge stats

• 4218 DPG
  • 60% winrate

16 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

Just compare it with moderate HEAT usage.

that's what I'm doing. Title is probably a bit misleading though. I have 24 apcr for ranged shooting because shell speed and 21 heat for penning heavies.

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

tbh I agree with carbon.

I played the koda (and the TVP now) with almost exclusive APCR, the HEAT just felt bad to use.

How so? Extra 60mm of pen (even more over the range). Please i need tips. 

46 minutes ago, CarbonWard said:

Also, your crew skills is literally triggering me.

:awyeah:

1 hour ago, CarbonWard said:

Also, your crew skills is literally triggering me.

Just wait til you see some of the one's I've seen. I'll even PM some tomorrow morning.

2 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

How so? Extra 60mm of pen (even more over the range). Please i need tips. 

310 pen isnt enough in a lot of situations where the raw Pen value of the shell beats things like angles or spaced armour, so you get bounces off places where 330 pen heat wouldn't. Along with this, the HEAT round is EXTREMELY slow and just doesnt fit the way the tank plays, IMO. Its sorta like running a batchat with heat but with a lot more disadvantages.

The APCR pen is not enough even for lower plate of E100, and you can't pen IS-7 anywhere frontally with the APCR. You need HEAT.

You need HEAT for shots you would normally pen with standard T10 APCR pen.

37 minutes ago, Assassin7 said:

310 pen isnt enough in a lot of situations where the raw Pen value of the shell beats things like angles or spaced armour, so you get bounces off places where 330 pen heat wouldn't. Along with this, the HEAT round is EXTREMELY slow and just doesnt fit the way the tank plays, IMO. Its sorta like running a batchat with heat but with a lot more disadvantages.

C5n4ED3.png

Works for T54/55/140? 

14 minutes ago, Stige said:

The APCR pen is not enough even for lower plate of E100, and you can't pen IS-7 anywhere frontally with the APCR. You need HEAT.

Exactly, and if you redlining you can't pen shit. And i hate in close combat fail to pen 2/3 shells. 

OP loadout was my normal loadout since i started playing T50. I fire about 1/4 of heat every game on average, but there are games where i run out of either, depending on the map/enemy tanks. I prefer to have much more heat than i usually use, just for that one in 5-10 games with 10 heavies each side, most tier X, since recent top of the trees have increased IS-7, Jpe100, E5 numbers greatly.

Apcr works better in many situations than HEAT, true, but many games are heavy with heavies (pun intended), or fat tds, and you are hampering yourself with APCR in corridor meta.

HEAT haters are not justified - 310 is not that good as 330, but what same tier med gets both apcr as base and heat as gold? PTA and AMX, cmon...T-54 heat is better for killing superheavies, but it has pedestrian AP speed that works bad with sniping moving targets, or simply lack raw penetration of Skodas apcr for flanking shots in E100/Maus/IS7, and those troll heat in sides quite often.

HEAT is there only for tanks that can not dodge, or ridge snipe. If you have problems hitting E 100s with that level of shell speed...gimme your drugs.

Overall, heat can do the job 70-80% as good as the APCR if you run out of it, and only fast paper tanks left, while APCR can do shit against dug in superheavies that you often can not flank.

I even run one clip of HE instead of heat just for shit and giggles when the Grille went out and infested the servers. Took it out a few days ago for HEAT, even added one more clip of heat bc E5.

1 hour ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

Well, T10 medium HEAT isn't the greatest. There's a reason why I don't carry full HEAT on my mediums for CW? whatever special battles. 

But it has clear advantage against some tanks where the 310 HEAT can still bounce with bad luck. And they also have APCR that goes through most shit unlike the 248 crap that the Skoda has. The extra 20 pen makes a big difference in both cases.

12 hours ago, Stige said:

I dont have a problem with those tanks frontally in the Skoda/TVP with APCR?

11 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

C5n4ED3.png

Works for T54/55/140? 

Exactly, and if you redlining you can't pen shit. And i hate in close combat fail to pen 2/3 shells. 

The RU meds play a lot closer up than the Skoda or TVP. I generally play those tanks as second line, so I am chai sniping a lot more than I wpuld in an RU med (so much that one of my friends noticed it when he watched me stream, saying I chaisniped a lot, which i never do in my RU meds) 

So the shell velocity was instantly boticed by me. Alomg with that, playing on high ping made hitting moving targets at those ranges impossible, and only having 310 pen It just felt very unreliable to me. So i just barely ever load it.

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

I dont have a problem with those tanks frontally in the Skoda/TVP with APCR?

The RU meds play a lot closer up than the Skoda or TVP. I generally play those tanks as second line, so I am chai sniping a lot more than I wpuld in an RU med (so much that one of my friends noticed it when he watched me stream, saying I chaisniped a lot, which i never do in my RU meds) 

So the shell velocity was instantly boticed by me. Alomg with that, playing on high ping made hitting moving targets at those ranges impossible, and only having 310 pen It just felt very unreliable to me. So i just barely ever load it.

If you are on level ground with IS-7 or E100, even if they are facing straight at you, the lower plate is still hit and miss, you do need some luck to pen all 3 shots. Only way to pen all 3 shots reliably is to be below them. 
If they angle even slightly, you won't be penning them unless you get really lucky. This crappy penetration is one reason I sometimes hate this tank so much, but have learned to work around it with some HEAT as the reload is fast enough to do it. Just sucks that you need HEAT to pen some tanks where other T10 Medium guns don't.

Pretty much what Stige said. 248 pen doesn't cut it against the lower plates of certain heavies. So it's kind of necessary to shoot HEAT to pen the lower plate of something like an E-75. It's not even much of a problem because the Skoda's  downtime is only 20 seconds which means you can predict what you'll be shooting at and choose the ammo that would work the best. 

I dont know what you guys are talking about, i dont have issues penning E100/IS7 LFPs with the 220-230 pen guns from tanks like the IS-3, AMX 50 100, or 110 (which im grinding) on level ground, if they're angled sure, but if the IS-7s angled i just go through the drive wheel...

Land you're telling me that the 248 pen TVP has troubles? Wat?

Im not ded. Just doing something else.

Hella mediocre session(s) :( 

Stataroos

Q8qsvOo.jpg

Replays: http://www.mediafire.com/download/s434opg99eguwwf/Goldspam+2+3471+DPG.zip

Ending Stats

Session Stats: 40% winrate 3471 DPG

Goldspam Stats  46% winrate 3720 DPG 

5 hours ago, jackquerudo said:

That win rate gives me cancer

I fucking know. Some of the mistakes I made are cringe worthy, like what was I even thinking.

Edited by SkittlesOfSteeI
I can speak english