Sign in to follow this  
Darneepigoo

9.15.1 new HD M103

I'll post non trash-tier images of the armor changes, just gimme a sec 

Edit: 

Side armor profile with effective thicknesses (side hull armor i just used base thickness so you know where you can overmatch)

If you shoot the upper half of the drivewheel its impenetrable, lower half is butter, due to where it overlaps with front hull beak.

Area where I wrote "ricochet" is a heavily angled 60mm plate at the bottom of the hull.

GAtL8vI.png

Front armor effective thicknesses

9D9N7qL.png

Upper 1300's in average damage blocked on test server facing nothing but tier10 gold spam.

T57 gets the exact same hull upgrade btw with some turret armor buffs.

7 hours ago, zapyoug said:

Its actually significantly less buttery

Its still utter trash but hey, turret is slightly less likely to be penned by tier 7s now :poi:

A 122mm will still go right through that buttery 37mm roof that just happens to be angled very nicely so as to present a target that even a half-aimed IS can hit. :serb: 

3 hours ago, CoolOff said:

The M103 was a best even with the butter turret. This is going to make it insane.

My stats in the 103 are much higher then my overall average. Ive always expected it to be nerfed if anything. I will be driving this alot more.

15 hours ago, SchnitzelTruck said:

I'd never realized that the T57 prototype was just the oscillating turret mounted on an M103 chassis. Cool!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscillating_turret#AFVs_fitted_with_oscillating_turrets

On 7/8/2016 at 4:38 AM, SchnitzelTruck said:

I'll post non trash-tier images of the armor changes, just gimme a sec 

Edit: 

Side armor profile with effective thicknesses (side hull armor i just used base thickness so you know where you can overmatch)

If you shoot the upper half of the drivewheel its impenetrable, lower half is butter, due to where it overlaps with front hull beak.

Area where I wrote "ricochet" is a heavily angled 60mm plate at the bottom of the hull.

GAtL8vI.png

Front armor effective thicknesses

9D9N7qL.png

Upper 1300's in average damage blocked on test server facing nothing but tier10 gold spam.

Looks pretty strong to be honest, turret top is still annoying but looks smaller than on the current model, plus using the full gun depression you can hide the roof and cupola. 

Doing that with this new model you would only have to worry about the turret ring, as the cheeks are now reliable. 

Also looks like overall the LFP is stronger and more troll, with of course the beak and UFP being stronger.

Tank should be pretty damn tanky, especially when top tier facing lots of 8s & 7s.