Bohan

KV3 Appreciation Thread....Yes, Seriously

how do you guys abuse the 122mm for overmatching regularly though? every time I tried it with the T34's 120mm (which is more accurate), if the target is not sitting still there's barely any time to aim in and once you finally shoot, RNG takes the shot into the mantlet or something :(

1 hour ago, nemlengyel said:

how do you guys abuse the 122mm for overmatching regularly though? every time I tried it with the T34's 120mm (which is more accurate), if the target is not sitting still there's barely any time to aim in and once you finally shoot, RNG takes the shot into the mantlet or something :(

When I played the KV3 I sidescraped out until only my turret face was showing and pre-aim. It helps to be on high ground.

18 minutes ago, lavawing said:

When I played the KV3 I sidescraped out until only my turret face was showing and pre-aim. It helps to be on high ground.

but with new turret anything can just snapshot your turret face and it goes right through - I always do that in my T29

28 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

but with new turret anything can just snapshot your turret face and it goes right through - I always do that in my T29

That's just the KV-3. Nothing you can do about it except minimising the time you're exposed to fire. At least it can bounce T9 shells when worked correctly.

Necro because of the double barrel branch off from here

Coming back to the KV3 after a while, I'm surprised you cant run a Vstab. The 122 still hits nice and hard but wow that aim time :eww:

Also this tank is blind as hell. Even with a 3 skill crew and optics I barely cross 400m. 
It still sidescrapes and baits shots well, but the speed and traverse are worse than the Jap heavies.

11 hours ago, NightmareMk9 said:

I have 200k Free XP and literally nothing left to research.  I think I'll pass on re-buying this to grind out 65k XP.

I did that last time with the KV4 and it was ok, I guess.

if i could do that i would but sadly im a scrub that cant afford the conversion

On 10/13/2019 at 6:06 PM, Wanderjar said:

but the speed and traverse are worse than the Jap heavies.

I am not sure why. SU1OOY and T-1O3 have much higher HP/T and track traverse. KV3 should get those too.

Not sure why the middle gun options don't have DPM advantages over the 122 either

I rebought the KV-3 for the double barrel tanks, and its ludicrously easy to play. R-R-R, press 2, sidescrape, BAM390, sidescrape, BAM390, rinse and repeat.

On 10/15/2019 at 4:21 AM, Diriz0n said:

I am not sure why. SU1OOY and T-1O3 have much higher HP/T and track traverse. KV3 should get those too.

Not sure why the middle gun options don't have DPM advantages over the 122 either

By the way: what is wrong with your 0 key? :kappa: